kyungsoo

Hello, Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Kyungsoo agreed to attend Minseok Kim's wedding in New York, he intended to spend his time sightseeing with Baekhyun, taking a lot of photos, and finishing up a book or two.

However, just days before the flight, one of Baekhyun's colleagues quits, leaving him with heaps of unfinished design work at the agency. "Sorry, Soo, but if I don't finish this, my boss is going to kill me." He tells him over the phone. "I'm sorry, but you'll have to go without me."

So lying about leaving the country alone wasn't in the plan.

It also wasn't in the plan to take some random stranger back to his hostel.

Not to mention the fact that the stranger has decided to follow him around like a lost puppy.

"Are you sure you don't have something else planned?" Kyungsoo asks as they approach the ticketing booth.

"Like what?" The taller male asks with his head tilted to the side and a half-smile on his lips.

"You don't want to go sightseeing?" Kyungsoo's brows are now furrowed as he scanned the map strewn across the ticketing booth's glass window.

He says, "Sure."

"That's what we're doing, right?" he asked again.

Kyungsoo sighs as he turns to face him. "I mean, to places you want to see." He clarifies, fixing his glasses that had slipped from his nose.

"I've been to New York a few times with my mother." He tells him, "I've seen most of the city; I just never had to travel alone."

"You sound like a spoiled brat." Kyungsoo comments, taking the tickets from the woman inside the booth and shoving them inside his back pocket. 

"Do I?" He laughs. "Most people would tell you that they find me absolutely delightful."

"Is that why your girlfriend broke up with you?" Kyungsoo sniffs, side-eyeing the taller man as they walk towards the dock.

The older male looks at Kyungsoo with a shocked expression, hand comically pressed against his chest. "You really need to tone down your attitude." He comments.

"It doesn't suit you."

"What do you mean?"

"Look at you," He says, gesturing towards Kyungsoo while moving his hand up and down.

Kyungsoo stares blankly at him.

"You've seen yourself in the mirror right?"

"I don't know if I should punch you or slap you." Kyungsoo deadpans, arms crossed against his chest with his brow raised slightly.

"What I'm saying is that," The taller male sighs in defeat. 

Kyungsoo's brows are now furrowed. He better not say short or swear to god, he's going to push him off the boat.

"You're kind of... cute." He says, much to Kyungsoo's surprise. 

Kyungsoo pretends that the statement didn't just make his heart skip a beat. He instead turns around and continues to walk towards the dock. "You better not be flirting with me-"

"I know, I know," The other male follows him closely with arms up in the air, signaling defeat. "You have a boyfriend." 

They walk to the waiting area and are greeted by the arrival of a ferry boat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter