nice to not know you

Hello, Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's the program today, chief?" Chanyeol asks as they walk through crowds, walking side by side amid local people and tourists. 

"I'm not your guide." The shorter male remarks as his eyes continue to fixate on his mobile screen. "I'm just letting you tag along." He tells him as a matter of fact.

Chanyeol ignores the impolite remark. He instead looks up at the starless sky and exhales, his breath forming a small cloud due to the freezing weather in the city.

From the corner of his eye; he could see the younger male visibly shaking from cold air. "Hey," Chanyeol calls out. "Should we stop somewhere?" He asks when he catches the guy sneezing into his scarf.

"It's fine, we're almost there." But they weren't almost there.

It took about half an hour of walking, a stop by a coffee shop so Chanyeol can get his hot mocha, and a subway ride for them to reach their destination.

Even though the cold was a nuisance, Chanyeol can't help but admire New York under the white blanket of snow. 

The large Christmas tree that stood in the middle of a public ice rink they passed partnered with the melody of Michael Bublé's rendition of Winter Wonderland makes him feel all warm and tingly inside.

"Take a picture of me with that building." The raven-haired male pulls out his camera from his brown backpack and hands it to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol chuckles when the boy starts posing with hands forming peace signs, but his face remaining stoic as ever. "Why do you look angry all the time?" 

"My face always looks like this."

"You mean you always look like you want to kill someone?"

"Do you really want to know?"

Chanyeol takes the picture. "Maybe try doing another pose?"

"This is the only one I have." He says, striking the same pose but at a sideways angle. "Just make sure the building is in the picture."

Chanyeol takes another photo before turning the camera to get a selfie of both of them. "Peace!" He smiles widely, throwing a hand up to form a peace sign. The camera immediately gets taken away after one click.

Chanyeol laughs, looking up at the building in front of them. "This looks oddly familiar." 

"It's the building from the tv show, Friends." The boy replies, looking up at the said building. 

"Did you fly all the way to New York for this?" Chanyeol asks in a teasing tone.

The guy emits a death glare in response and Chanyeol just laughs. "I'm actually here for a wedding if you must know." He tells him defensively. 

"Ah." Chanyeol nods, looking back at the red building. "Well, I've watched a few episodes back in college."

The boy stuffs his camera back in his bag and looks up at him. "How bout' you? You never told me why you're here." 

Before Chanyeol could answer, the phone rings for the umpteenth time since they've left the hostel. "Psycho boyfriend?" He asks, nodding towards his bag.

"Yeah, I mean no," The boy rolls his eyes. "I'll be right back." 

Chanyeol waits patiently while the doe-eyed male reports back to his mysterious boyfriend. 

Minutes later, he comes back, looking vis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter