0.3, wonyoung

turtle by twice-

 

“Jang Wonyoung, if you do not come down the stairs I am leaving you!” My dad angrily shouts, the loud noise carrying up the stairs. 

“I'm coming!!” I shout back, as I turn around and check my room if I forgot to pack anything. I go to my mom and give her a hug as my dad is already making his way out the door. 

“Your hair is a mess, honey.” She says while my hair, trying to tame it. 

“Mom, dad will literally explode if I take any longer.” I groan, trying to get away. 

“Okay, okay, go go go. Try to make some new friends!” I hear her distant voice say, but with my dad glaring at me I just hop into the car quickly. 

 

“What's up with you Wonyoung, you're usually very punctual.” He grunts as he speeds down the road. 

“I forgot to set an alarm last night, sorry.” I mumble as I open up my phone. I see a flurry of texts from Chaewon, but halfway through reading them I get interrupted. 

“Wonyoung?” my dad says softly. I look at him suspiciously because he rarely holds this tone. “I know mom and I expect a lot from you, but you’re 17, I want you to enjoy this time in your life because it will never come again.” He glances at me before quickly returning his gaze to the road. “You’re like me, you work too hard.” He chuckles, and I lightly smile back. I know he’s right, but what else am I supposed to do when I know that they’re both working their asses off trying to pay my tuition. 

“I’ll try, but no promises.” I grin back, and he just happily shakes his head. 

“You know, I met mom when I was your age.” 

“Yes yes, you guys have told me your highschool love story about a billion times now. Would you like me to repeat it for you?” 

“Gosh, you really need a boyfriend.” he teases, and I slap him on the shoulder. I love how even if he may be old af, he knows how to have a fun conversation with someone my age. He turns the corner, and it suddenly hits me. I’m going to have to make new friends all over again. Even the building looks intimidating, its modern design gives me no comfort. He stops in front of the gate and I see a crowd of students rushing in. I sigh as I get ready to go down. “Alright, if it’s even in the realm of possibility, I want you to try and have fun, okay?” I roll my eyes as I open the car door. It’s nice and sunny, the warm breeze hitting my face. 

“See you later!” I wave as I head up the steps full of unfamiliar faces.