Opportunity knocks

Forever 3rd Wheel (F3W)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is Friday night, the whole gang is hanging out and drinking at Jiyong's apartment. Hyorin hogs Jiyong's computer, browsing the internet, and stumbles upon some throwback pictures saved on it.

                 HYORIN
Oh my gosh! Guys, look at these.

Others join her, looking at their pictures and they start reminiscing about high school. Prom is the first picture they see. It's a picture of the six of them in their gowns and formal wear.

                 HYORIN
We were so thin back then.

                  SEUNGRI
Babe, you're so beautiful. You really deserved to be Prom Queen.

Dara back hugs Seungri.

                 DARA
Thank you. I wish you were Prom King, though.

Seungri leans back at her and enjoys her warm embrace. 

                 SEUNGRI
Me, too. But Mr. T.O.P here beat me to it.

                 SEUNGHYUN
Sorry, man. My handsome face is a blessing and a curse.

Everyone cringes at what Seunghyun says, especially Jiyong who couldn't help but comment on it. 

                 JIYONG
You really can't go a day without saying you're handsome, huh?

                 SEUNGHYUN
It has to be said every day.

Seunghyun says confidently, Jiyong just rolls his eyes. Then Hyorin starts teasing Dara.

                 HYORIN
I remember back then, Dara really had a major crush on Seunghyun.

Dara lets go of Seungri to playfully slap Hyorin's side. 

                 DARA
Hyorin, why do you keep on bringing that up?

Hyorin squirms and resumes looking at the photos. 

                 HYORIN
Because it's so funny. Look at this one.

She shows them a throwback photo of Seunghyun and Dara.

                 SEUNGHYUN
Ohhh. I looked good in that.

Seungri looks at Dara judgingly. 

                 SEUNGRI
I didn't know you used to like narcissistic guys.

                 DARA
No fair, Babe. Back then, he wasn't like that. Actually, he was kind of sweet to me.

Dara starts telling the story.

                 DARA
There were moments that I felt like that he also likes me back.

One day at school, during their lunch break, Jiyong, Hyorin, and Dara are sitting on a bench. Seunghyun approaches them and hands over a letter to Dara which makes her blush. Jiyong and Hyorin get curious about it and tell her to read it already. Then Seunghyun walks up to Seungri and they high-five.

                 DARA
I really thought Seunghyun was the one who was courting me. Turns out, he's just acting as a bridge for Seungri and I.

Seunghyun and Dara are often beside each other whenever the six of them are together.

They were having lunch, when Seunghyun hands Dara a chocolate bar. She accepts it, feeling giddy. Little did she know, it was from Seungri.

                 SEUNGRI
I was a coward and I asked Seunghyun to help me out.

It's exam week and the six of them are studying at the library. As usual, Dara and Seunghyun are sitting together, while the others are busy studying on their own. Seunghyun keeps on building up Seungri to Dara.

                 SEUNGHYUN
Seungri was great earlier, right? Even Mr. Song was amazed by him. He's really good at math. Don't you think?

 

 

They all feel nostalgic after hearing the story. Dara and Seungri are now cuddling on the sofa. They look at each other, smiling lovingly.

                 SEUNGHYUN
And thanks to me, you two have been together ever since.

                 SEUNGRI
Yeah, you really helped us out back then.

Jiyong gets up and goes to the kitchen. 

                 SEUNGHYUN
See? I'm not just a handsome face, I'm pretty good at playing cupid, too.

Seunghyun raises his eyebrows at them, feeling so good about himself and Seungri throws a pillow at him.

                 DARA
You just ruined the moment.

                 YOUNGBAE
You're so conceited, man.

                 SEUNGHYUN
Admit it, I'm just too awesome. Even Dara fell for me. 

                 DARA
Still regrets it, by the way. And it wasn't just me.

Youngbae looks at Dara questioningly.

                 YOUNGBAE
What do you mean?

Dara sits up and looks at Hyorin. 

                 DARA
Hyorin? You haven't told Bae yet?

Youngbae groans and looks at his girlfriend, feeling betrayed.

                 YOUNGBAE
Oh come on! Really, Hon?

                 HYORIN
What can I say? He's too charming.

Hyorin shrugs as if it's no big deal. Seunghyun feels smug.

                 SEUNGHYUN
I knew it. Nobody can resist this.

Seunghyun smiles and points at his dimples. Seungri rolls his eyes at that.

                 SEUNGRI
Yeah, alright. Everyone likes T.O.P. We get it.

Everyone laughs then Jiyong returns with a bag of chips.

                 HYORIN
Well, not everyone. 

Everyone looks at Jiyong, and as he was about to sit, he feels that everyone is looking at him.

                 JIYONG
What?

                 HYORIN
Ji, did you really not have a crush on Seunghyun?

As if on cue, Seunghyun turns to Jiyong and winks at him in a playful way, acting all cute.

Jiyong throws the bag of chips at him but Seunghyun catches it perfectly and starts eating it.

                 JIYONG
Ew! NO. Dongwook was my crush, remember!? Throughout high school, he was always my only answer in every slambook question of “who is your crush?”

Dara and Hyorin sigh at the same time and look excited upon hearing Dongwook's name. Then the boys zone out of their conversation and eat chips instead.

                 DARA
Yes! I remember. You're super head over heels! As in you always watch his basketball games.

                 HYORIN
How is he now?

Then the conversation shifted to their classmates in high school.

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

The Bigbang Project of Jiyong, Daesung, Chaerin, and Insung is still going on. Jiyong's face is red and angry while arguing with Insung.

                INSUNG
Maybe it's better if I overhaul the whole concept.

                JIYONG
Are you serious? Overhaul?

                INSUNG
Yup.

The tension between them is so palpable. Chaerin and Daesung are stressed out, not knowing what to do.

                JIYONG
Chae, Dae and I have been working on this for months. And you just want to overhaul it just like that?

                INSUNG
Exactly! How many months has it been already? Until now, there are still many revisions.

Jiyong is clearly offended.

           

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter