Mr. Arrogant

Forever 3rd Wheel (F3W)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say Insung is good-looking is an understatement. He is the whole package. Tall, dark, and handsome. He's like an A-list actor slash supermodel slash man of your freaking wet dreams. That is why you really can't blame Chaerin and Daesung if somehow they don't get any work done because they're busy staring at him all day. Jiyong is busy doing work on his table when he notices his two friends.

                JIYONG
Guys, how can we finish early if you're just there staring at him?

The two wake up from their daydreaming and pretend to work again.

                CHAERIN
Oh, come on, Ji. We just need a little inspiration.

                DAESUNG
Stop being a killjoy. It's been a while since we've seen a hottie in here.

                CHAERIN
Don't you think he's hot?

                JIYONG
It doesn't matter what I think.

                DAESUNG
Aha! I knew it.

                JIYONG
What?

                DAESUNG
You do think he's hot.

                JIYONG
No, I don't.

                CHAERIN
Oh really?

                JIYONG
Just get back to work.

Jiyong goes back to work, completely flustered, and the two snicker.

 

Jiyong, Daesung, and Chaerin have been working on this Bigbang Project for ages. It is the first project Jiyong is in charge of, that is why it is very special to him. He is very hands-on on this project, he makes sure everything is perfect. Daesung and Chaerin just do whatever he tells them to do, they call him Leader, and they don't wanna mess with him when he's on his Leader mode.

 

The presentation of the Bigbang Project is projected on the screen. Jiyong is a very good talker. He will get your attention when he starts to speak. He is always hired whenever they have a program in the office. And he is always assigned to present whenever they have a pitch. Insung is very attentive while listening to Jiyong, he seems to be engrossed, Jiyong notices this which causes him to become conscious but he just brushes it off, he still does his best to tell the group about the project.

                JIYONG
And we end it with that. Any questions?

Everybody seems to agree with everything Jiyong discussed. Then Insung raises his hand. Jiyong acknowledges him and asks.

                JIYONG
Yes, Mr. Jo?

                INSUNG
So, what happens to the dragon after that? I’m pretty sure it’s happily ever after.

                JIYONG
Let’s leave it to the viewer’s imagination.

                INSUNG
But isn’t it too obvious? Seems super predictable and to be honest, it's boring. There’s nothing new to it. It seems like it’s still the same old fairy tale.

                JIYONG
Excuse me?

                INSUNG
I think the concept is too common.

                JIYONG
What?

It suddenly becomes a heated argument.

                 CHAERIN
Ah, guys. Maybe we can wrap this up first for today?

Other officemates agree and tend to leave the conference room.

                 JIYONG
No, wait.

Their officemates stop on their tracks, sit and listen to the two argue.

                 JIYONG
Mr. Jo, if you had an issue with the concept from the start, why did you wait till the end to speak up?

Insung smiles at Jiyong's question.

                 INSUNG
I wanted to finish your presentation to give it a chance and see if I could be interested, because I want to get to know the project first before I judge it.

                 JIYONG
But it turns out, you don't like it. Right?

                INSUNG
I'm the type of person that gives chances, that maybe my first impression of people is wrong.

Insung stares at Jiyong intensely. It doesn't seem like he's referring to the project anymore. Jiyong feels conscious and glares at him. Chaerin and Daesung notice this and grin at each other. Insung smiles because he sees Jiyong is affected.

             

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter