An Impression

Paramour

As we walked out of the Luck-O-Laundry in silence. I faked a cough, "Well, that was awkward. Sorry about Sehun. He was always into gossips ever since we were kids. I guess he'll keep ours a secret?" I apologized while waiting for a witty response but didn't get one. When I looked up, Baekhyun was blushing. I blushed when I realized why he was. I smacked his back and let out a hearty laugh. 

 

 

"Ouch! What was that for?" Baekhyun winced in pain. 

"Had breakfast yet?"

"Yes, I did. Why?"

"Will you accompany me for a second breakfast? I'm starving."

"No, thanks. I'll pass," he politely refused. 

 

"Don't be silly. Since you paid for the laundry. I'll pay for the meal," I said, trying to compromise. I didn't like owing people.

 

"It's ok. You don't have to."

 

"I insist. I've been wanting to try this new place out, but I'm not able go alone."

 

"Why not?"

 

"Too many couples."

 

"Why bring me?"

 

"Aren't you free right now?" I asked.

 

"I kind of am."

 

"Then you'll do,"I said, dragging him along with me.

 

When we arrived at our destination, we joined the restaurant's growing queue. "Is this the place you wanted to try?" Baekhyun questioned as he became increasingly impatient with the wait. "Don't you want to try some place else?"

 

 

I shook my head, "I have been waiting for this day to come. Imagine, this line was made to build up your hunger and when you finally are able to munch on them. They melt in your mouth, "I explained, imagining the pure bliss.

 

 

"No, this line was made because the sign says 'House Full'. And the reason why it would taste good is because you are hungry."

 

 

"Oh shush with your logic and enjoy the moment. Our turn is almost up."

 

 

We had been standing in line at the new Waffle House for nearly half an hour and I was too giddy to give up. The Waffle House opened last week and it was booming with business. Many people have been posting about it online. Since then, I've made it a goal to visit it, but I had no one to tag along with me. Even Kai would be swamped at work.

 

 

When it was our turn to order, I picked the most famous one on the menu, while Baekhyun chose a sandwich. We were told to sit as they handed us a buzzer. Luckily, a table near the window opened up and we sat there. A couple of minutes passed as we sat in silence before I up the courage and asked a question that has been nagging me since yesterday, "Why didn't you reply?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Was my voicenote really that terrible?"

 

"What voicenote?"

 

"Check your phone," I told him, perplexed by his dumbfound question. He pulled out his phone and checked. Then he sighed.

 

"And?"

"The thing is-"

"You could have just told me it was bad," I interrupted.

"Listen, I wasn't the one texting you," he confessed, catching me off guard. "What?!"

"It wasn't me. It was my friend."

"Your friend?"

 

 

"Yes. I think he saw your name on my list," he stated as I furrowed my brow in question. His ears turned red and he began laughing nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I sort of saved you as 'Yeojachingu'."

 

 

Before I could retaliate, the buzzer went off and Baekhyun immediately stood up. He mumbled that he would get it and left. He arrived minutes later with our order in hand.

 

 

I grabbed mine and began taking pictures of it. It looks appetizing, but is it as tasty as it looks?

 

 

"Please enjoy your meal!" I said, as I slice the fluffy waffle.  I hummed with delight as I held my cheek, "So good!"

 

 

Baekhyun chuckled as he poured the tomato sauce on his sandwich. "Wipe that grin off your face and explain yourself," I demanded as I sliced another piece and ate it.

 

 

"What else is there to say? I was busy attending to my patients when he messaged you."

 

"You mean to tell me that he was the one texting me the whole time?"

 

"Yeah, well, except for the 'good morning' part. That was on me," he confessed, averting his gaze.

 

"Please tell me he didn't send it to anyone," I said, massaging the right side of my forehead.

 

"Relax. I doubt he would."

 

"You doubt?"

 

"He won't," Baekhyun confirmed. Just then, a familiar voicenote began to play out loud. Horrified, I saw the blonde immediately take his phone out. The voicenote became deafening. My cheeks flushed. Turning as red as Dr. Byun's tomato sauce. I was embarrassed.

 

 

He smiled sheepishly, "Excuse me, but I have to take this." He stood up once again and answered the call outside the store.

 

 

While he was out talking, I noticed a group of women turning their heads and gossiping.

 

"Was that her? She sounds terrible."

"Isn't she ashamed to wear something like that?"

"Kids these days."

"Poor guy. He even ran out embarassed."

"She's so ugly."

 

 

I tried to eat my waffles in peace, but they wouldn't stop talking. Being unable to handle it anymore, I slammed the table and stood up. "Can't you all just mind your own business?" I said to the group of women as I grabbed my purse and headed outside. I glared at Baekhyun as he was about to come back in and left.

 

I sighed, "So much for waffles."

 

Without realizing it, days had passed and it was already Friday. I had been ignoring all of Dr Byun's messages for the past few days. Until today morning, he slide a note under my door.

 

 

I'll hang it on your door.

~Baekhyunee

 

 

I rolled my eyes and placed it on the kitchen counter. The note had me thinking of what to wear tomorrow. So, I began rummaging through the closet for a decent dress and realized, I hadn't any.

 

 

I sent Kai a message that I needed him to go shopping with me. If it came to buying a dress then Kai was the better option. Because Jung-ah haven't got the slightest  clue when it came to dress code. She would always wear flamboyant dressses. Her sense of style wouldn't fit me at all.

 

 

Kai gave the green signal and told me to wait by the train station. I wore a white floral print dress with a long denim jacket on top and threw on my favorite white sneakers before heading to the rendezvous point. By the time I reached the meeting spot, I found Kai. He was surrounded by a group of girls. I'd say it was rather a normal occurrence.

 

 

During our middle school years, he would either get scouted or confessed. Agency recruiters would hand him business cards while the girls would hand him love letters. His admirers or 'fans' as they like to call themselves, pushed me to deliver either love letters or chocolates and sometimes, I would get bullied from a group of random girls just by hanging out with him. This was mainly the reason why I became cold towards people. Aside from my friends. He would occasionally chase them away for me if he caught them in the act. I knew he felt bad for it. So most of the time I never told him.

 

 

He eyes glinted in surprise when he saw me waving. A smile etched itself on his poker face. He walked past them as if they were non-existent and came over. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. In a corner, I saw them glaring at me.

 

 

"Jagi, you came." Kai said, kissing my cheek. I was gloating over their disappointment when they had frowns painted on their faces as they left. "Jagi who?" I asked as I pinched his hand away from my waist. "I thought it was okay when I said it the last time." "That's because you were a practice dummy." "Alright, consider this a simulation."

 

 

"Next time, wear something normal." "Sorry, I had no time to change. Although, ain't it perfect for the simulation?" He said, flashing me his trademark smile.

 

 

Simulation my .

 

 

It was obvious girls would flock around him if he was wearing a suit. I mean, certainly anyone would if they saw a man as stunning as him? Yes, even I find him attractive only if he wasn't a such hopeless fool. Sadly, it can't be helped.

 

"What's with the suit?"

 

"This?" Kai asked as he tugged the navy blue coat. "We were having a photoshoot. Don't I look good in it?" He smirked.

 

"Not bad."

"That's it? Not bad?" he waved his hand in question.

"What were you expecting?"

"A better compliment."

"Ask your fans for that."

 

"Are you jealous?" He teased. I scoffed. "Jealous of what?"

 

"Don't worry. You'll always be my number one," he stated as he threw an arm across my shoulder. "I thought I told you I changed fandoms," I said, removing his arm. "Y-you can't!" he stammered.

 

"And why not?" I asked.

 

"Because I'll get mad at you if you don't," he mumbled childishly. It was so cute that I giggled. "Please don't be mad at me. Aren't I your number one fan?"

 

He chuckled and patted me on the head. "Of course you are! So, what are we shopping for?"

 

"An impression."

 

"An impression?" The brunette looked at me in confusion. "You know, dress to impress." "Ah, that." "Yeah, I need something that will rend my mom speechless," I explained.

 

"Like your get-up?"

 

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing? Don't I look cute in it?" I teased while batting my eyelashes. He snickered, shaking his head. "Yeah, you look like Raon's class hamster." I frowned. "Yah! How dare you compare me to that!" I scolded, smacking him. He laughed. He knew I wasn't very fond of tiny furry creatures after what happened with my class hamster years ago.

 

 

"Noona, it's been ages. You should be over your fears by now," he tutted. "Can we please stop talking about it and focus on the task at hand?"

 

 

"Right. How much is your budget?" he asked before continuing, "don't tell me it's the same as buying bulgogi."

 

 

"Of course not!" I exclaimed, feeling appalled by his assumption. "I've come prepared," I boasted, giving him a smug smile.

 

 

"I believe you," the brunette jeered.

 

"Yah! I can afford anything at this given moment."

"Alright, follow me. Remember the store named KJ?" I nodded. "They cater to customers with unique styles, where even you could look good," Kai said. I wanted to scold him, and yet I couldn't. Regardless of the fact that it is half the truth. Clothes from our hometown stores were never meant to fit my preferences.

 

 

Prior to the success of Appa's business and Eomma's association nonsense, she would always buy clothes which I disapproved to the point of cringing at the memory of it. However, it didn't mean I had the right to refuse to wear them without being lectured.

 

 

We were greeted by the store employees upon our entry. The interior design took me by surprise. It wasn't like the stores I'd seen in Seoul. While I was busy basking in the beauty of the place, Kai spoke with one of the sales reps. We were then led further into the store, towards the ladies' section.

 

 


For a new brand, the ladies section was extraordinary. They had all sorts of seasonal clothes and each would vary. Fashionable indeed and most to my liking. But it then, struck me like lighting. How much were these clothes? Would I be able to afford? I bet even a simple dress would be expensive.

 

 

The lady handed me a couple of dresses and told me to try them on. The first was a long, white feathered dress with a slit.

 

"This feels itchy," I said, scratching my side.

"I'm hungry for chicken. Next," he snickered.

 

The next was a sleeveless sheer neckline with embroidery.

 

"Too much skin," Kai complained. "But this is good."

"I don't think it's suitable for an association with Ajhummas. Next."

 

Without objections, I wore a few more and showed Kai. Each dress I tried on had a drawback. It was either too small, too revealing, too tight, or too pricey. Hella pricey might I add. Nonetheless, the brunette wasn't bothered by the price tags at all, saying that he wouldn't mind me paying the remaining half later.

 

 

Instead, he appeared displeased. Displeased with my choice in clothing while I with his. After the nth dress, we decided to take a break. Kai went to a nearby convenience store to buy some water while I sat on the lounge chair. Exhausted.

 

 

My eyes were covered by a pair of hands. If Kai thought it was entertaining to do this right now, he was mistaken. "Yah! We're no longer five," I said. As I pry them away, I heard a giggle. Eric's mother was laughing behind me. "Oh! I'm sorry Mrs Park," I apologized as I stood up and bowed my head. "Oh, please. You don't have to be so polite, Sohee. We are outside after all," she exclaimed, laughing. I smiled. 

 

 

"Are you shopping for a dress?" she wondered as she glanced at the pile of dresses besides me. "Yes. How about you?"

 

 

"I'm here to buy a suit for my husband. Apparently there is an event tomorrow and he wishes to attend it. Saying that it's going to be special and that he needed to buy a new suit. Last minute if you ask me," she blabbed.

 

 

Myunji eonnie was very fond of me. Whenever I caught her at home, she would often talk about her problems with me after my lessons with little Eric. It helped me understand her a lot better. She would tell me that it was hard for her to trust people which I can relate, seeing that this town was into gossips. She and I are on friendly terms. However, I would never call her Eonnie for work purposes. It would be unprofessional of me if I did. 

 

 

"Ah, I see. Will you also be accompanying him?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, no. I'll be leaving for Seoul tonight."

"Seoul?"

"Yes, my brother will be launching his new line tomorrow, and I have to be there," she explained. 

"Congratulations to your brother," I awkwardly wished. 

 

For a split second, her eyes glinted as she slyly suggested, "Why don't you join me, Sohee?"

 

When she said that, I knew she was up to no good. After all, she was eager to set me up with her brother. She would've flipped if she knew that he had already proposed and I was kind of grateful that he had kept it from her since the question hadn't popped up yet. 

 

 

I nervously laughed, "Sorry, Mrs Park. I wish I could join you, but I must politely decline. For I, too, have an event tomorrow." 

 

"Yes, how silly of me to ask." 

 

Out of the blue, a tall man in a suit walked up to us. "What is taking you so long?" he whined. "Sorry, I ran into our son's tutor. I wanted to let her know ahead of time that Eric will be spending the weekend with his grandparents and will not be required to come while I am away."

 

 


"Ah! Is that so? Where are my manners?" he said, extending his hand. "Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Eric's father and her husband, Park Chanyeol," he smiled brightly from ear to ear. 

 

 

 

~Author's Note~

💜 HAPPY ALL ROUNDED YIXING DAY 💜

It's my man's birthday and this is a surprise gift to all my readers. I wouldn't be where I am today without him and EXO ❤️

​​YiXing is finally 30 and he​​ doesn't look liked he aged one bit 😭❤️ 

Singer, Producer, Song Writer and CEO of XY Chromosomes Entertainment 💜 All rounded indeed 😭💜 So proud of my Baby 💜

 

Thank you all for reading this chapter. I hope you liked it and yes, please don't kill me. Chanyeol's smile is shining brightly in this chapter. Haha. Surprise! 

 

See you fluffy sheeps in the next chapter 💕 till then Fighting! 

​​​​​