season i, episode xvii

things left unsaid

No. This- this shouldn’t be happening.

 

“Be honest. You’re trying to achieve everything you want without having to do the dirty work yourself!”

 

I was frozen on my spot. For as long as I can remember, there was always something in my mind that I want to say to Yoonhee but now I can’t even think of a single thing. It’s like my mind was shutting down and I couldn’t do anything but stare helplessly at Yoonhee.

 

“It was all a lie, pretending to care for me and worry about me.”

 

No, this is getting out of hand. I need to say something, anything, or else I’d lose one of the most beautiful things that happened in my life. “It started that way, but I was sincere towards you.” And it was true. I may have approached her with a motive before but along the way I really did start cherishing her.

 

I desperately need Yoonhee to listen to me and to understand that my intentions weren’t completely corrupt. I am so close to catching the one who killed my daughter. So close and all this revenge would be over. I can’t lose her now when I’ve come this far. Not now. Not ever.

 

“I’m late, I need to get going.”

 

That was the first time we fought and I truly hated it. I couldn’t say it then but I didn’t want you to leave, Yoonhee. I didn’t want to end our conversation like that, not when we were far from okay.

 

I couldn’t say it then but when we last looked at each other as the elevator door closed, I was scared. I was scared because I felt like we’re slowly reaching the point where we can’t go back to how we used to be. Scared that the promise of forever we made was no longer an option.

 

I couldn’t say it then but I think I just lost you, Yoonhee. And that scared me so much.