season i, episode x

things left unsaid

I watched quietly as Yoonhee guided Rona towards her room. Who knew someone’s happiness apart from my own children could make me this happy? With a smile on my face, I watched the two of them jumped up and down in glee as Rona slowly absorbs this new life they’ll be living.

 

Yoonhee turned around and gave me one of the biggest smiles I have ever seen on her since we met. She looked like she was the happiest person in the world & that made me smile bigger as well. I couldn’t say it then but I was happy that she was happy. And at that moment, I don’t think anything else mattered other than her happiness.

 

When we were alone in the dining area, she came up to me and gave me a tight hug. “Unnie, thank you so much. I owe you everything for helping me move in here. I won’t ever forget what you did for me.”

 

I said that she doesn’t owe anything to me and that she deserves this because she’s been through so much. That’s all true. But it’s also been so long since someone hugged me and I have forgotten the feeling of being held. I couldn’t say it then but I wanted to say that her hug brought me the comfort I’ve been missing for a very long time.

 

I couldn’t say it then but I wished that we’d share more hugs like that in the future.