Chapter 7

Night Changes

It's been almost five hours since Nayeon got back to her pad, her friends are also already there, camping for the food she got. Yet, Nayeon can't still take off her mind from that girl she bumped with. Other memories were hazy but Nayeon was sure that she vividly remember those red lips. 

 

Nayeon is in her balcony taking a smoke while they're on the living room watching some movies. She kept on getting curious on who's that girl is and why did she reacted that way when she saw Nayeon. It makes her wild guess seemed to be true and it's nearly freaking the hell out of Nayeon. 

 

"No way... there's just no way it could happen" she murmured to herself as she puff her cigarette.

 

The peace that Nayeon waa trying to enjoy was ruined by Dahyun's loud voice that's calling her name. Nayeon rolled her eyes as she lit off her cigarette and went back inside. 

 

Her brows furrowed as she watched her two friends huddled together, looking at something on Dahyun's phone.

 

"Im Nayeon!" Dahyun called out again once she saw her. "What's taking you so long?!"

 

"Have you gone deaf? Dahyun has a.. I don't know if it's a good news though"

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes at Jeongyeon as she crossed her arms. "What is it again this time?"

 

Dahyun flashed a mischievous smile. "I asked for the picture of that metal bracelet, right? Well my friend, I already know where you can find the owner!"

 

Nayeon's hands fell on her side as she stood straight as if her whole being was shaken by Dahyun's not so good news. hang open as she blinked twice, not even know what to say or how to react. 

 

"Hey Nayeon, aren't you even curious?" That's when she snapped out and looked at Jeongyeon. 

 

Nayeon cleared . "Well.. uh.. are you even sure about that Dahyun? Who did you asked?"

 

"It's just... someone. I met her at jeong's party. But anyway.." Dahyun shrugged as Nayeon and Jeongyeon exchanged looks. "I recognized the bracelet she's wearing when we met again today so I asked her about it and she said her friend lost it!"

 

"By someone.. do you mean she's your new buddy right?" Jeongyeon interrogated with a smirk on her face. 

 

"What new buddy?! Dude, I don't do that, that's you. This girl.. I even kinda like her"

 

Jeongyeon clapped to tease Dahyun more. "Oh wow! I'm excited to meet her"

 

"In your dreams!" Dahyun said as she throw a pillow to her. 

 

"Alright, stop it you two. So Dahyun, did you ask- I mean, do you know what's her name? Her friend?" Nayeon doesn't even know why she got curious all of a sudden. 

 

"Uh.. no??"

 

"What do you mean no?!" Jeongyeon reacted as she throws the pillow back to Dahyun. "You're really a "

 

"Wait it's just because she just mentioned that it's her friend, I don't want to look like I'm interested on her friend, okay?" Dahyun even stood up as she explained. "And before you judge me, you should know first that I did much more amazing than just getting to know her name"

 

Nayeon got nervous for no reason. She felt like her friend really did something dumb. 

 

"Goodness Dahyun, just say it! And make sure it's really 'amazing' or I'll drag you out of here!"

 

"Okay so she said that we meet again tomorrow so that I could give it to her but I said no because..." Dahyun raised her eyebrows up and down, as if expecting her friends to get where it's going. 

 

"Ohh.. don't tell me-" Jeongyeon gasped as Dahyun chuckled evily. "You're letting Nayeon meet her instead, right?!"

 

"Ding dong ding!" Dahyun clapped and walked over to Nayeon and put her arm around her shoulder. "So, my friend, be ready tomorrow and don't forget to bring her bracelet okay?"

 

"Wait! What the hell, Dahyun!" Nayeon freaked out and pushed laughing Dahyun away. "What do you mean I'm gonna meet her?! Are you crazy?!"

 

Jeongyeon is already laughing her heart out. Enjoying the situation Nayeon is in. "Don't you want to meet her though? And it's not like you'll meet her for another , Nayeon. You're just giving her bracelet back"

 

"I'm not thinking about having with her again!" She glared at Jeongyeon. "It's just that- I mean, how do I face her?? After that night? No way, just no way. We're not even sure it happened!"

 

"Yeah, not sure. Even if her bracelet was found here. Okay, Nayeon, okay" 

 

Nayeon heaved a deep sigh. "I'm really gonna kill you, Kim Dahyun!"

 

"Why are you even freaking out? It's not like we're forcing you to do it" Dahyun sat down again. "Nayeon, it's up to you if you're going to meet her tomorrow or just let her wait for nothing. It's your only chance and it's your choice anyway"

 

Nayeon left her friends and she went inside her room. She lied down on her bed while watching her ceiling. Everything is stressing her out and she just wants to sleep. Nayeon already made up her mind to not meet that girl because what's the point anyway, she could just give the bracelet to Dahyun and let her friend give it. 

 

But the thought of that girl, waiting for her to come tomorrow and end up getting ghosted is taking up her conscience. Nayeon closed her eyes as she muttered mentally, well it. 

 

———

"Hey Mina! Over here!"

 

Mina headed to where Jihyo was sitting, her head is still in a haze. They all agreed to meet at a restaurant for dinner but it seems like Momo was still not there. As Mina sat down in front of Jihyo, she drank the whole glass of water that was just freshly served. 

 

"Are you okay? You're so pale it's look like you saw a ghost" Jihyo asked in concerned voice. "You're hungry, right? Gosh this Hirai, always always late!"

 

Mina shook her head as she stared blankly om the glass she's holding. "I saw her, Jihyo. I ing saw Im Nayeon"

 

"Huh?! What do you mean you saw her? Where??"

 

"A while ago, at the grocery store" Mina ran her fingers through her hair. "I am so dumb! Goodness!"

 

"What did you do? Did you talk to her or did she remember you?"

 

"I don't know because the moment I saw that it's her, I ran away" Mina looked at Jihyo as if asking for help. "I didn't look like a creep, right?"

 

Jihyo laughed out loud at her friend's doing. "What the hell, Mina! No, you look like a creep. Why did you ran away? Nayeon would think you're avoiding her or something"

 

"Gosh, Myoui Mina!" She murmured to herself. "But I don't think she recognized me. She just stared and that's all"

 

At that moment, Momo finally arrived and Mina was even startled a little when she pulled the chair beside her. Mina glared at her as she leaned back and crossed her arms. 

 

"Why? You're giving me an attitude again. Okay sorry I'm late" Momo raised her two hands. "What are you guys talking about? It seemed so serious you didn't even noticed me arriving"

 

Jihyo took the privilege to explain because she seemed to be having so much fun with what happened to Mina. 

 

"Well, Mina here just met Nayeon"

 

"Eh?!!" Momo widened her eyes as she looked at Mina suspiciously. 

 

"No, no. Don't look at me like that, Momo" Mina defended herself. "I didn't even look for her and you both know that. I just bumped into her accidentally"

 

"And so? What happened after that? Don't tell me that you talked to her?!"

 

"No, Momo. She ran away" Jihyo laughed aa she teased Mina. 

 

Momo nodded and patted Mina's shoulder. "That's it, my friend. You've done a good job"

 

"What do you mean good job? It's embarrassing!" Mina shook off Momo's hand. "And why would I talk to her? What do you expect me to say? Hi, I'm Mina and we had a one night stand??"

 

"That would've been fantastic!" Jihyo laughed once more along with Momo and they even high-five. Mina could only roll her eyes. 

 

"Okay, on a serious note what you did was just right" Momo said while eating the cooked meat from the grill. "I mean, why would you talk to her you don't have any business to do with her"

 

Jihyo scoffed. "No business? At all? Hello! They just ed"

 

"Jihyo! Please tone down your voice!" To be honest, Mina is getting embarrassed right now. 

 

"Hello?? It's just a one night stand, okay? Basically, that's the concept of it, and forget" Momo made a face to Jihyo. "As if you haven't done that"

 

"I literally don't! I kinda stick with them, buddies is my thing"

 

Mina could only shook her head with her friends sudden turn of topics, she's about to start to question herself on why she's friends with them. 

 

"So Mina, don't feel guilty or embarass about running away from Nayeon. What you did was just right, okay?" Momo patted her. "Continue doing that my friend, it's the right path to a peaceful life"

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes as she held Mina's hand. "No Mina, it's not like Nayeon would ruin your life?? I mean, you can be friends with her if you want. Or maybe, you know... talk about the hot night you shared together"

 

Mina smacked Jihyo's hand. "Just stop it you two, you're just making me confused. It's like there's an angel and a devil on my shoulders"

 

If Mina was to be honest, she doesn't even know what's the right or wrong thing to do anymore. Or maybe she's just mot accepting it herself, that everything that happened since the beginning was already completely wrong. 

 

But, she can't deny that when her eyes met Nayeon's, there's a part of her that's wanting to talk to her. Just like how they talked to each other for the first time that night. It may be weird but she could still feel traces of Nayeon on her. And Mina knew at that point that she had it bad. 

 

Mina was longing for Nayeon's touch. 

 

As they were waiting for their cab to arrive, Momo was on her phone when she suddenly moved beside Mina and shook her shoulder. 

 

"Momo! What?!"

 

"Goodness, I almost forgot!" She freaked out. "I already found your bracelet"

 

Mina widened her eyes. "You mean our friendship bracelet?" Momo nodded. "Really?! Where??"

 

"Well.. you're going to meet my friend who found it. Tomorrow, at a cafe. Don't worry I'll message you the exact address"

 

"Wait, what? Why am I meeting her when she's your friend?" Mina's brows furrowed. "Come on, Momo, you know how I at meeting strangers"

 

"Yeah, like you literally a stranger Mina" Jihyo chimed in and Mina shoot daggers with her eyes. just has no filter at all. 

 

"No, Mina. You lost it, remember? I already found it for you so it's already your job to get it to her" 

 

Well, .