epilogue: neutron star collision

thick line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Seulgi’s

It was a bright sunny morning, a day when hearts are afloat and romance is in the air, Valentine’s Day. I stood in front of the projector screen, teaching my students the types of clouds when I heard the most rambunctious students in class trying to hold their amusement. I stopped my lessons, addressing the nuisance, but as I looked up, I saw someone there, smiling, that same smile I fell in love with, the smile that made me feel better whenever the day stresses me out.

And there is Suho, strumming his guitar, singing a song from The Little Mermaid. Oh, it’s Sebastian’s “Kiss the girl”.

Joohyun.

Bae Joohyun.

My Bae Joohyun, on her hand, a bouquet of Daffodil and Violet, she remembered my birth flower when I thought she wasn’t listening, and Daffodil, yes, it’s hers. Oh, our birth flowers. And at that moment, I began to tell myself, I fell in love with the right person.

“Miss Kang Seulgi,” Joohyun bowed her head and she gave me a folder. I opened it.

THE PROBABILITY OF A NEUTRON STAR COLLISION UNDER THE DAILY AND HEALTHY USE OF SEROTONIN, DOPAMINE, OXYTOCIN, AND ENDORPHINS

A Marriage Proposal

Presented to Kang Seulgi daughter of

Mr. And Mrs. Kang

 

A Fulfillment

To Be Done Right Away

Because I Need Your Answer

Now!

 

Proposed by

Bae Joohyun

From Bae Family

Valentine’s Day

Whoa, it is indeed a marriage proposal. Bae Joohyun, you’re such a nerd! My nerd!

She hands me the bouquet, then looked at me, raised her right hand, and did the three-finger salute. She put her three-finger on her lips. Oh, that’s a Hunger Games gesture!

“Kang Seulgi and Bae Joohyun today. Kang Seulgi and Bae Joohyun tomorrow, Kang Seulgi and Bae Joohyun forever. Marry me!” Holy guacamole! Bae Joohyun just gave me a folder, which is literally a marriage proposal, and did the three-finger salute with her Hunger Games reference in her verbal proposal.

“Yes, I don’t have any reason to say no. Okay Bae Joohyun, I just want to digest all of the things you have done today, first you literally gave me a marriage proposal stating all the scientific things that we love, not to mention the Neutron Star Collision which I presume the origin of the infinity symbol, then the happy chemicals. I get them and I love you so much. Second, the three-finger salute affiliated with the Hunger Games shows you are being thankful and would like to show that you love and respect me and I feel the same. Lastly, yes again. I will marry you.”

I kissed her forehead, then hugged her so tightly. Then Suho starts to sing along with the kids, my students, again. Oh no, not the “Kiss a girl” again. “I’m not gonna kiss you on the lips now, Bae Joohyun. I don’t want my students to witness our intimacy. I’m gonna kiss when we get home but not in front of my student,” I said, she just looked at Suho, raised her right eyebrow like she was saying something to him.

“Okay kids, this will be the first time that facing the wall is a good thing. Can you follow Teacher Suho as I will be facing the wall for… hmm… 30 seconds, then after that, we’re going to sing again Sebastian’s song, alright? On the count of three, let’s face the wall… one… two… three,” Suho said to the kids.

I don’t know what is he talking about. But the kids obeyed him and they really faced the wall,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter