eureka moment

thick line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Misty morning for Bae Joohyun as she patiently set the tonearm of Seulgi’s turntable. She needs focus to balance it and just in case, to prevent accidents. Seulgi has been fond of vinyl, and she has a collection from the different artists of various genres. First, she set and align the drive to prevent the needle from jumping unintentionally and offers some protection against possible rumbling that will ruin her lover’s deep slumber. A non-flat surface can be corrected by simply adjusting the legs of the turntable or adding some wood/paper or a coaster. Then, she mounts & adjusts the tonearm, aligning the tonearm. In adjusting the tonearm, first, release the lever and place the needle on the record. She made sure that the drive remains switched off then turn the adjusting ring carefully and without touching the actual tonearm until the tonearm runs parallel to the record and until she lift the needle off the record and secures this setting with the locking lever. She sighed. Hoping for her beloved human-bear to dream the happiest and peaceful dreams she will always have.

 

Seven-thirty a.m came, she took a bath and remembered something. She climbed into the tub waiting for the water to get hot. She sat and watch the water as if it was alive, having its own life. Bae Joohyun remembered a scene from a book she is recently reading. It was similar to her activity right now. The water inched up her legs and began to splash over her happy tummy (as Seulgi is saying, she has a happy tummy), Joohyun thought of Archimedes.

 

From what she was currently reading, the character in his younger years had read about the Great Philosopher and Mathematician, Archimedes, the one who is famous for Archimedes' principle in which states that a body immersed in a fluid is subjected to an upwards force equal to the weight of the displaced fluid and discovered the laws of levers and pulleys, which allow us to move heavy objects using small forces. invented one of the most fundamental concepts of physics, the center of gravity. Archimedes who’d discovered volume could be measured by water displacement when he sat down in the bathtub. During his discovery, Archimedes kept on shouting “Eureka” which means I have found it. The funny thing is, he ran through the streets because he discovered something great.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter