girl friend, uhm lady friend... woman friend, my woman

thick line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Grandma! Grandma!”, Joohyun was walking when she heard a certain kid was calling her.

 

“Oh Winter! You look like a ripe tomato, very red. Haha! And why are you calling me a grandma?” It was Winter, who keeps calling her “grandma” and she doesn’t have any idea why. She hugged the kid and gave a peck on her forehead.

 

“Yeri unnie told me to call you grandma. But you don’t look like a grandma, grandma Joohyun. You’re pretty like Karina. Maybe you’re prettier? But Karina is the best pretty,” Winter gave her a toothy grin.

 

“But you still call me grandma. You’re really funny Winter. Oops, you mean Karina is the prettiest?”, she replied Winter but it was too late because Winter rushed her way to Karina.

 

“Ahhh kids,” she smiled with the thought of Seulgi having her best time facing these kids in their conducive classroom. A room where learning takes place. It must be a challenge for Seulgi to be one of the responsible pioneers of these little kids’ knowledge. Children must have a strong foundation during their first years in school and that will be an opportunity for preschool teachers like Seulgi. Everybody thinks teaching preschool is an easy peasy lemon squeezy job. But for Joohyun, it is not and will never be. She listened to a lot of cracking good stories about Seulgi and her day with the children and sometimes, her rants about her frustrations when she feels that her teaching is not enough to build a strong foundation for their learning.

 

“Grandma Joohyun! I told Karina that she is very pretty, best pretty and you’re prettier,” Winter went back to her, and held her hand.

 

“You mean prettiest and I’m prettier so who’s the pretty one?” Joohyun said.

 

“I don’t understand, I’m confused.”

 

“So the adjective pretty has a comparative and superlative form. So you think has a beautiful face, then she is pretty, and pettier is when you compare someone who is more pretty than the other and that’s what you called comparative. And prettiest, the superlative of pretty is when you think someone is the most pretty among the pretty girls,” Joohyun explained.

 

“Ah okay. So Teacher Seulgi is pretty, and you’re prettier than Teacher Seulgi but Karina is the prettiest among you and Teacher Seulgi,” the girl winked at her and she can’t help to smile because of those gestures, she remembers her girlfriend who kept on telling her that she is prettiest since she had the guts to say those magic words. “Why are you smiling? So who do you think is the prettiest?”

 

“Teacher Seulgi. Yes, for me, your teacher Seulgi is the prettiest,” Joohyun winked at Winter too.

 

“Okay. Can you come with me? I’m gonna tell Karina that she’s prettiest,” Winter took Joohyun’s hand and they run until they met Joy.

 

“Joy! Hello! I joined Wendy to go here. And your girlfriend is outside the gate waiting for you and the kids.” she greeted Joy.

 

“Hi there, Joohyun unnie. Yes, she texted me. And why are you with Winter?”

 

“She found me outside the gate then called me grandma.”

 

“Girlfriend? Do you have a girlfriend Joy unnie?" Winter asked Joy.

 

“Yes, Winter! Wendy is my GIRL FRIEND, I mean my lady friend, uhmm my woman friend because she’s a woman of course. My woman. And why are you calling Joohyun unnie a ‘grandma’?” Joy asked the kid.

 

“Joy you’re confusing the kid!” Joohyun said to Joy.

 

“Yeri-unnie told me to call her grandma and I don’t know why. I don’t think Miss Joohyun doesn’t look like a grandma. But I have to liste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter