(i know no more)

All That I Know (Jeno Lee)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you have enjoyed or are enjoying what I have written, send me a tweet about the stories so I can retweet it: #mandaleeff #Song4YouNCT #JENO

Let’s connect on twitter!: mandallees

Much love <3

 

Five Years After

Lee Jeno was in his room, his roommate slash manager and assistant producer, Na Jaemin on the bed. Na Jaemin was a funny character, with his pink hair and his unhealthy obsession with tacos. He always refused to go out of the house unless the taco truck was right there. Na Jaemin started off as a sound engineer and a folly artist.

He also had very weird ways of making sounds. He was crazy in his own way and the first time he had applied for the job to be one of the assistant producers, he opened up a song for them. After two minutes and three seconds, he told them that his part was coming.

His part was a half a second crash in the background.

“I slammed the plates onto the ground,” Jaemin said proudly. Needless to say, Matthew Lee had taken a liking to this particular artistic Korean, telling him that he seemed like he had his own way of creating sounds. One time, he had run outside with a recorder to record thunder.

Another time, he told them that he had to make kissing noises with ketchup on his hand and people did not understand why he had to do it with ketchup and ketchup only.

“Mayo sounds different,” Na Jaemin said passionately. “It sounds entirely different!”

Lee Jeno found himself on his phone, reading Korean news.

Jay the Model is back in Korea!

Jay the Model, trying to remove himself from SM, says that SM has a 7 year slave contract!

Jeno raised an eyebrow at Jung Jaehyun, the hotshot model that had just gotten into acting, the male sighing to himself. Jay had always gotten into weird scandals but this one was the biggest one yet when he got a text and it was from Matthew.

The album is completed. It will be released in two days. Good job.

Love, Matthew xoxo

Jeno was overcome with this feeling when he exited the messenger app and began scrolling through Instagram when he decided to give your profile a look. It was different now. It no longer had Jungwoo. He frowned, leaning forward, the room filled with only sounds from Jaemin trying to edit sounds.

Where was Jungwoo? He scrolled lower, lower, lower—all the photos were gone. Did you break up with him? Jeno wondered if he should text you, but then the male stopped himself when he saw that a Valentine photo was still up.

Oh, so you did not break up.

Relationships were weird when another text came.

Matthew Lee: We have an artist that wants to collab with you. Her name is Clarah from Japan. Jay Park thinks it’ll be a good thing to produce an album together. If you’re up for it, I can book a ticket and you can get your vacation.
Jeno: Where again?
Matthew Lee: Our birthplace bro
Matthew Lee: You keep saying you want to go back
Matthew Lee: Album is out, relax for a bit. Even Johnny is taking his hands off.

Jeno paused when he realized that it has been a while since he went back to Korea, the male finally agreeing. Work. He’d go for work. He was not a homewrecker and he told himself that you were taken and your life was simply too filled with Jungwoo to have him around.

He stood up, Jaemin looking up at him when the sound of taco truck blared out and his roommate shot up and zoomed out of the room. Jeno shook his head, chuckling at how eccentric his manager was. He looked out the window to see Jaemin ordering his usual, the male squinting at the window when he gave a little wave.

Matthew Lee worked fast because Jeno was still collecting his thoughts when another text message came.

Matthew Lee: is jaemin going with you?
Jeno: I don’t think so
Matthew Lee: make sure

When Jaemin came back up, holding a taco in his hand, Jeno told him that he’d be going to Korea. Finally. Maybe finish on that project, play in a few clubs and finally—just finally be able to get some rest.

Na Jaemin stared at him.

“Oh. I hope you’re not asking me to go with you,” Jaemin said and Jeno waved a hand.

“Of course not.”

A beat of silence. Jaemin stopped chewing.

“Why not?”

Jeno blinked. “Do you want to come with me?”

Jaemin swallowed and another moment of staring when he his heel.

“I’m going to pack.”

Jeno chuckled, his manager hauling huge luggage for the both of them into the room as he began to bustle around with one taco in hand.

He was ready to go back to Korea.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Naka Club

Five years.

You were now an A-list celebrity lawyer and you handled idol contracts. You once tried to work for the public and the government but it did not work out—you got tired of the system very easily and you found yourself burned out.

You then decided to work for a private firm. A law firm that was a subsidiary of a big german parent company. You had an impeccable success rate but you hated one thing—you hated working for idols who wanted to find a way to emancipate themselves from their agency.

On this particular day, you sat at the bar. NAKA Club was your go-to place. You had made friends with Nakamoto Yuta, the bartender and owner of the club and the Japanese pretty face had always found himself listening to your stories.

Today, you were drinking because of two things.

One, you had broken up with Jungwoo. It wasn’t a bad break-up but you have been dating him for almost four years and it turned out that he had different plans in life. Jungwoo wanted to go to Malaysia and teach underprivileged kids.

That was his dream and who were you to stop him?

He wanted to settle down, get married and you weren’t there yet so you both did what you had to do. It was funny because the moment you broke up with him (or you to each other), he kissed you and you felt relieved.

You were still sad because you really did love him. You touched the rim of the glass, Nakamoto Yuta eyeing you. He wondered what you had to tell him today, you usually had stories. He was a listening ear and even if Doyoung would usually be with you; today, you couldn’t handle the days events and called in sick for half day.

Went home and slept

Then came to NAKA club. You hoped you wouldn’t meet any of your workmates since you made quite a show of how your stomach hurt really badly. White lies, black lies.

“Tough day?” Yuta asked, filling your glass and you nodded, rubbing your head. “What’s up?”

“Do you know Jay the Model?” you asked and Yuta nodded. Everyone knew Jay the Model. “He wants to be emancipated from his agency and guess who was assigned to his case?”

“Ooh. I heard SM has a slave contract,” Yuta said and you nodded. Jay the Model was under a Korean agency and he just wanted to free himself, go into Hollywood since they were holding him back. “Must be hard.”

You began to tell Yuta about the first time you met Jung Jaehyun, or so—that was his stage name. His government name would be Jung Yoonoh but he refused to let anyone call him that. It was always going to Jay.

Just Jay.

The first time you met Jay was a few days ago and he had come to you because he wanted you to take his case but no. You refused. You had heard of the case and you had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter