Curious Cat 🐱

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8 – Curious Cat

Minjeong adjusts her hat properly, taking in her reflection in front of the giant mirror in the room, making sure her fringe was tucked inside neatly.

She still needed some time to get used to this headgear but strangely enough, it wasn’t as hard as she expected. Disguising herself as a man was probably the most liberating thing she has ever done in her life.

Experiencing how it was to be free and unrestrained really made things so much easier. She wondered if things could have turned out differently if she was really born a man. A Prince that is.

Because then, her identity would not have been kept a secret.

But then again, she reasons, everything happens for a reason. If she was born a Prince instead, she would have probably never met Jimin. She smiles at that assuring thought and quickly smooths the light creases on her attire.

She immediately heads over to the living area, only to see the only friend in her life (because Jimin isn’t just a friend), staring at her with raised eyebrows.

β€œAre you seriously wearing that?”

Minjeong looks at her attire and nods her head, feeling satisfied with the dark tone of the outfit.

β€œYou look so depressing, Princess. Come on, I’ve got some new clothing. You can try them on. You are here to impress her, aren’t you? Not attending a funeral.”

Heejin nags, hands pushing Minjeong into her room, with the royalty only following obediently. It’s not like she had any experience anyways and Heejin had already gotten together with the girl she likes. She must be doing something right then, Minjeong thinks.

She watches as Heejin goes through her massive wardrobe, presumably looking for her new clothing.

β€œGirls like guys who are charming, kind and helpful. But visually, you also need to stand out among the sea of guys here and make a good impression. Girls are into pretty boys these days, so for goodness sake, wear something bright.”

She continues rambling as she sorts through each outfit with a deep frown on her face. Minjeong takes in the new information and sees Heejin finally pulling out a bright yellow colored outfit.

β€œWhere did you tell her you come from?”

β€œI told her I’m some rich nobleman’s son from the South.”

β€œAnd she believed you?”

β€œShe didn’t question it.”

β€œWell, you’re lucky. Jiwoo’s been asking me all sorts of questions.”

β€œI guess she’s pretty serious about you then.”

Minjeong says with a grin, to which Heejin breaks into a nervous laugh. She lets her friend put the attire on her back for a quick measurement before her friend pushes her into the changing room to get changed.

β€œEither that or she has figured out that I am not a man after all.”

β€œWait, that fast?”

Minjeong exclaims, with a loud gasp as she closes the door. She hears a sigh as her friend leans against the closed door.

β€œI don’t know, Princess. First of all, she approached me first. She asked me out. She even told me that I looked way too pretty to be a man. She says my lips are too soft, my eyes are too gentle and that when I let down my hair, I looked like a beautiful lady.”

β€œWell, she is not wrong. You are a beautiful lady.”

Minjeong agrees as she slips on the yellow outfit, not before she realizes something.

β€œWait, so you two kissed already?”

β€œYes, she kissed me during our first date.”

β€œYou mean like a peck right?”

β€œWhat, we are not babies! How you think she knows how I look like with my hair down!”

Minjeong opens the door with her eyes wide open, her right hand covering with a shocked expression and her left pointer pointing at her friend accusingly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter