Lost Butterfly πŸ¦‹

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 – Lost Butterfly

The next time her tutor comes over, Minjeong decides to have the study session in an open space. She instructs her servants to set up a table at the veranda next to her residence, which is sheltered by a big and beautiful cherry blossom tree and occasionally comments on the way the study table should be placed or the color of table cloth she wanted.

All the while, she feels her heart racing at the thought of her upcoming study session. She briefly thinks about Jimin’s intoxicating smile and then looks down to see her servant staring at her, waiting for her to decide on the color of the cushions. Minjeong quickly points to the ivory colored cushions and takes a quick sharp breath. Focus, Minjeong. You are not trying to impress her. You are just trying to be proper. That’s right, this is just a study session.

Upon seeing her servants putting the finishing touches, Minjeong dismisses them and sits down comfortably. She adjusts her attire subconsciously and takes sips of water continuously. Upon hearing the sound of footsteps approaching, she takes a quick look at the entrance and quickly pretends to read the book in front of her, occasionally sneaking glances at the incoming guest’s arrival. Her heart races.

She sees her tutor approaching her with a big smile and almost immediately after their eyes meet, her heart explodes.

β€œYour Highness.”

β€œJimin.”

Her tutor gives her a deep bow before settling into her seat. Minjeong takes note of the way her tutor had her hair braided today and how it especially accentuates her incredibly small face.

β€œI just realized that you really do have a small and pretty face.”

She blurts out without realizing and it takes a few seconds for her tutor to respond by nodding shyly. She probably didn’t know what to say to that, Minjeong thinks. Instead, her tutor immediately flips her book open and takes out her brush, cheeks evidently flushed and eyes not meeting hers. How cute. She probably gets compliments like this all the time though and she still isn’t used to it? That’s really endearing.

β€œYour Highness, it is a really nice weather today, I’m glad we get to do this study session outside. I personally really like this season. What about you?”

Her tutor voices out, eyes meeting hers with small smile. Minjeong nods softly, her favorite season was actually autumn but if her tutor likes spring, then her favorite season can be spring as well.

Just as they begin their study session, Minjeong sees a lone cherry blossom flower falling perfectly onto her tutor’s right ear. Her tutor takes the flower out from her ear and shows it to her with smile, almost in disbelief, and then twirls the flower in her small fingers.

β€œYou should put it back on. It looks pretty on you.”

She hears herself say out loud, not caring anymore if this is only a study session and not a praise-your-tutor session. Her tutor looks to the side and gently put the flower back on her right ear. Then, she looks back at her for assurance that it really does look good on her and Minjeong nods. Then, her tutor smiles. Minjeong unconsciously smiles back.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter