Cheshire Cat 🐈

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 – Cheshire Cat

The sound of the swords clashing echoes loudly in the open space. The taller swordsman lunges towards the masked swordsman with a heavy strike only to miss his target and fall onto the ground. The masked swordsman strikes the taller swordsman’s sword away and points the edge of his sword at his opponent’s neck. The defeated swordsman put his hands up in sign of defeat and backs away quickly.

Just then, the victorious swordsman hears the familiar incoming footsteps approaching and quickly repositions into a deep bow.

β€œNobody enters the room. You may all leave.”

β€œYes, Your Highness.”

The Crown Prince enters the residence with the servants quietly leaving and settles on the seat in the middle of the large room comfortably. He quickly breaks into a smile as the swordsman sits in front of him.

β€œYou seem to be getting better and better. In no time, you will be able to defeat everyone, including me.”

β€œNo matter how hard I train, I will never be able to defeat you.”

The swordswoman says with a defeated tone as she takes off the mask adoring her face and smiles widely at the royalty.

β€œHow are you, oppa?”

β€œI am good. I come bearing good news. I have found your tutor.”

She sighs heavily upon hearing that as she gives him a questioning look only to see him grinning at her with that pretty face.

β€œI told you this isn’t necessary. Why do I need to learn something that has refused to acknowledge me? It is ridiculous.”

β€œYou know I acknowledge you.”

β€œYes, you do but you know what I mean.”

β€œWell, I hate to give away details but she happens to be extremely pretty.”

The Crown Prince shoots a knowing glance at the swordswoman and she frowns at his teasing. She has been way too honest with him. Playfully, she leans forward and decides to tease the royalty back with one of her eyebrows raised.

β€œPlease don’t tell me that was one of your criteria, were you choosing for me or yourself?”

β€œNo, she is actually really smart, as a matter of fact, her answers were the most progressive among the rest.”

The Crown Prince insisted with a shake of his head before quickly frowning his eyebrows.

β€œHowever, she happens to be Minister Yu’s daughter.”

β€œWell, of all the person you could choose…”

β€œDon’t worry, she seems trustworthy. I trust her.”

β€œYou trust just about anyone, oppa. One day, it will hurt you.”

β€œDon’t be so uptight, Minjeong. You need to open yourself up more.”

∞∞∞

The screeching sound of the birds chirping filled the room as its only occupant wakes up in annoyance. Minjeong let outs a heavy sigh, she had been awake the whole night, worried over her first tutor session today. She kept thinking of ways to interact with her tutor without coming off as an awkward person, given the fact that she has only interacted with her brother and her servants for the past ten years.

She quickly got up and tied her hair as she looks at the mirror. She thought about how she has always been contented being alone. She liked the quietness and tranquility it gave her. However, if her brother thinks that it is in her best interest to have this tutor, who was she to oppose? Sure, the subject that is to be tutored on would be extremely difficult to swallow but perhaps after years of being alone, she would finally find some comfort in another person’s company.

Perhaps, she wouldn’t be so lonely anymore.

β€œWhen is the first session?”

β€œDon’t be so impatient, sister. Tomorrow, at 2pm.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter