Black Cat ๐Ÿˆโ€โฌ›

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 โ€“ Black Cat

[๋„ ๋ณด๋ฉด ๋ฐ˜์ง ๋‚ด ๋ง˜์— ๋ฐ˜์ง

๋ถˆ๊ฝƒ์ด ํŠ€๋Š” ๋“ฏ

์ˆจ์–ด์žˆ๋˜ ๋ง˜์„ ์•Œ๊ฒŒ ๋ผ

When I see you, spark

Itโ€™s like there is a spark in my heart

I find my hidden feelings]

ย 

She briefly holds her breath.

She sees the boy she rejected not too long ago expertly moving past his opponent with ease, eyes focused and steady. Ever since their double date last weekend, the boy in question has been visibly distancing himself from her.

Itโ€™s obvious because if he was speaking gently to her before, his tone was now formal and it almost felt as though they were complete strangers. Okay, maybe not strangers per say, but their relationship has definitely been reduced to that of a senior and junior. He also rarely smiled anymore. Jimin feels somewhat responsible but itโ€™s not like she can return his affections. Can she?

No, she knows for sure that she still likes the Princess. But does she really?

No, she is sure of it. Yes. So then, Jimin thinks, why on earth is she so bothered to know that she is responsible for his cold demeanor? Was it guilt?

Was she only being nice to him because he reminded her of the Princess?

Or was it his gentle voice?

Or his bright eyes?

She thinks carefully as she takes a good look around the hall, taking note of the large crowd, composed mostly of surprise, surprise, girls, their eyes completely focused on the sword fight occurring on the stage. It was their schoolโ€™s annual showcase, meaning it was the one time of the year that students of the school would be able to showcase their skills. While Jinhee was good at archery, Jeongmin, very interestingly, despite his small size, turned out to be quite a swordsman.

Just like the Princess.

She keeps her eyes on the boy as he ducks swiftly and blocks his opponentโ€™s sword with his own, covering part of his eyes and nose momentarily while doing so.

It is then that Jimin immediately stiffens.

She thinks of how in that very moment, Jeongmin looked exactly like the Princess. They share a brief eye contact and Jimin feels her heart race, after what has been like forever.

She sees Jeongmin get back on his feet and immediately attacks his opponent without any mercy. The sound of his opponentโ€™s sword falling onto the ground shocks the entire crowd as the defeated swordsman retreats with his hands up, face in complete fear. Jeongmin catches his breath and so did Jimin. Eventually he composes himself and gives a deep bow. A series of applause was heard in the hall.

Jimin keeps her eyes focused on the boy. He seems to catch on to her stare, again and they lock eyes briefly before he looks away with a straight face.

Upon breaking the eye contact, Jimin feels her breath becoming steady though her heart is still very much beating fast.

It is then that she realizes that this is definitely not just guilt.

โˆžโˆžโˆž

โ€œJimin, I have news for you.โ€

โ€œWhat is it, father?โ€โ€

โ€œYou will be attending the selection this Friday morning.โ€

โ€œFather, you donโ€™t mean the selection for the Crown Princeโ€™s future wife?โ€

โ€œWhy yes, is there any other selection, my beloved daughter?โ€

โ€œBut Iโ€™m not a Princess. How can I qualifyโ€ฆโ€

โ€œYouโ€™re my Princess and I will make you one for real.โ€

โ€œBut father, I do not...โ€

โ€œJimin, I know whatโ€™s best for you.โ€

Jimin sighs heavily as she recalls their conversation earlier this morning. Sometimes, she wished she was born in a regular family instead, wished that she wasnโ€™t a noble lady born solely to be used as a tool for her fatherโ€™s ambitions.

She clenches her fists, thinking how it was so unfair that he doesnโ€™t even ask if she is alright with it. How he just assumes that he knows whatโ€™s best for her. It is her life, why does he have a say in who she wants to marry? Not everyone wants to marry a Prince.

She looks out the window and sees raindrops falling to the ground lightly as students all rushed out of the class. It is then that she realizes that she had been spacing out for so long during class that it was already lunchtime.

Jimin gathers her things and was about to take her leave when she sees Jeongmin approaching her. She stops and internally smiles at the sight of him in his bright color clothing.

He looks as cute as always, she thinks.

He stops at a considerable distance between them and Jimin feels somewhat disappointed at the space between them. Just before she can move forward, Jeongmin takes out a scroll and hands it to her.

โ€œSunbae, I have arranged a meeting for you with the Crown Prince. Please follow the instructions in this scroll.โ€

โ€œThank you, Jeongmin. I appreciate it.โ€

Jimin smiles widely, thinking that this could be a chance for her to meet the royalty and tell him just how uninterested she is in becoming his wife. Surely, of all the men in this country, the Crown Prince would understand that her life is for her to decide. She is her own person, after all.

โ€œYouโ€™re welcome, sunbae.โ€

Jeongmin says quickly before taking his leave, not letting Jimin say anything else. Jimin sighs as he walks hurriedly to the door. She looks away with dejection before she finds her attention back on him again as she hears a familiar voice. Jimin frowns at seeing the same pretty girl talking to him.

They were pretty friendly with each other and Jeongmin even let out a small smile while talking to that pretty girl. But it wasnโ€™t the same smile he normally wears. It was forced, she could tell, or at least she thinks so.

It is then that Jimin realizes something.

She wanted to see his bright smile again. And not just to anyone, only to her.

She frowns at that realization.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter