Chapter Three

Room 1117
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you think of this?” Karina asks, holding out a glittery white crop top and denim shorts over her body.

Seated on her bed, Winter her head to the side as she evaluates the girl’s fashion choice. On the tip of her tongue, she’s sooo ready to tease Karina and say, ‘Yeah, damn girl, I bet Kai would like to see you in that.’ But she mentally slaps herself across the face when she knows how dumb it would be to say that.

“It’s hot,” Winter tells her, before popping another Pringle into . “Might be too hot. You’re going to get a lot of attention,” she honestly says, well aware of what’s going to happen to her roommate if she shows that much skin. Now that she knows the truth, she frowns at knowing how awkward it is for Karina to constantly be rejecting guys and feeling like an for not being able to give them an honest reason for it.

Karina sighs and drops the hangers from her body. She tosses the pieces back onto her bed and digs through the mess of garments before pulling out another outfit. “Okay…what about this?” she asks, now holding up a ribbed cropped sweater along with a pair of skinny dark-wash jeans.

There’s definitely less glitter and shine to this outfit, but Winter remembers Karina having worn this when they went to a bar a few weeks ago. The sweater was thin and tailored tight, which made the girl’s figure look outrageously attractive. Even Winter had caught herself admiring the girl’s proportions that night. Karina’s s and looked ridiculous in something fitted like that.

Wait. Are these ‘gay’ thoughts?

Winter quickly dismisses the notion and tells herself that Karina’s coming-out is making her overthink things now.

“Still too hot,” she tells her roommate. “Honey, it’s not a club, it’s a house party,” she stresses. “How about that dress?” Winter says, pointing to a simple navy, floral cotton dress that’s peeking out from the pile of clothes tossed all over Karina’s bed.

“This?” Karina picks up the plain garment, questioning her roommate’s taste.

“Yeah, it’s cute!”

Karina chuckles. “Yeah, okay. You’re right.” She holds up the summer dress to inspect its cut. “It’s not too attention-grabby, is it?”

Winter shrugs nonchalantly. “You’re always going to get attention with that face and body.”

“Yahhhh,” Karina bashfully chuckles, pulling the dress to her face to cover her warming cheeks.

The blonde casually chews another sweet chip before she stands up and walks over. She pulls the dress from Karina’s face and tells her, “Look, you got nothing to worry about. I will -block for you all night long!” she says, punctuating her words with knife-shaped hands, making dramatic chopping motions.

Karina laughs, loving how Winter’s bright personality is so infectious. She grabs Winter’s flailing hands so that the girl can’t accidentally poke her eyes out. Now holding the younger girl’s wrists, Karina tilts her head to the side and asks Winter, “So what about you? What’re you going to wear tonight?”

 

***

 

Winter shows up to the house party in a designer yellow sweater and a pair of white shorts with Karina in tow behind her, who’s outfitted in her simple, navy floral dress. They toss their coats off in the den and go grab a beer each before they make their way around. They catch up with a few a friends, go watch a beer pong match in the kitchen, and join for a game of Mario Party in the living room. But no matter what, Winter is true to her word and glues herself next to Karina for the night, making it impossible for any boy to confidently approach the duo in hopes of winning Karina’s affection.

When they both grow tired of standing and making small talk with others, they find a vacant spot on the loveseat in the living room. There are a couple of other people sitting along the armrest, but there’s still enough room for both of them. Even so, after Karina takes a seat, Winter naturally plops down onto the girl’s lap rather than squeeze into the spot beside her.

“Here,” Winter offers, passing her solo cup to her roommate. “I got a refill.”

Karina naturally wraps one arm around the girl’s ridiculously small waist and she uses her free hand to steal a couple gulps of beer from the cup. “Hey, is that Ning over there?” she shouts over the music, pointing towards the open kitchen.

Winter follows the direction in which Karina points to and, sure enough, it’s impossible to miss their friend with her brightly dyed red hair. Winter’s about to shout across the room, but Ningning makes eye contact with them and excitedly waves. As soon as base of Rihanna’s S&M starts to fill the house though, the redhead begins to embarrassingly dance from across the room.

Karina screeches at the younger girl’s overtly ual moves.

Winter though thinks it’s hilarious and she cheers her on. But soon enough, the thudding base is impossible to resist and she joins in with Ningning’s crazy dance moves.

As Winter continues having a dance off with their friend across the room, Karina suddenly feels like her chest is constricting with panic. Winter’s wriggling has moved her bottom up way higher than usual and her is pressed right into Karina’s pelvis. Unsure of what to do, the brunette tries not to overreact, so she attempts to shift in her seat to shuffle Winter back down a bit. But, Jesus, it gets so much worse when she lifts off the couch slightly and unintentionally adds pressure to where their bodies are contacting.

Sharply exhaling at the alarming sensation, Karina quickly brings the red cup to her lips and polishes off what beer is left in there. When that doesn’t immediately help numb her senses, she tightens her hold around the girl’s waist, hoping to hold her still. But Winter herself is normally hyper enough as it is, but an alcohol-infused Winter is even giddier—and apparently completely oblivious to her roommate who’s dying under her. She just keeps making the most ridiculous dancing motions towards Ningning and when her hips start to undulate in slow, sensual twists, Karina is at her limit.

Maybe the beer has now made it ten times worse than it originally was, but Karina feels like alarms are starting to explode in her head with the way that Winter unintentionally grinding on top of her lap. Swallowing hard, she unravels her arm from around the blonde’s petite waist and she gently sets her hand on the girl’s hips, giving them a small tap to grab her attention.

“H-hey,” Karina stutters. As she catches her friend’s notice, she trembles as Winter turns and ducks her head down to hear what the older girl has to say. Karina gulps at the sudden proximity. “I-I know I said things didn’t have to change...but I think you need to get off my lap.”

Taken aback, Winter stays firmly seated and doesn’t heed the request, but instead pivots herself a bit around to be able to look at Karina more directly. “Why?”

For a brief moment, Karina’s breath catches in when Winter’s eyes make contact with hers. The blonde’s wearing steel-blue contacts this evening, which makes her piercing stare that much more penetrating, as if she can see straight through into Karina’s gay gay thoughts.

And not only that, but Karina internally groans now that Winter’s shifted around, pulling Karina’s dress up slightly so that their bare thighs are now touching. She ducks her gaze away as she embarrassingly laughs. But after a beat, she gathers her nerves, in a deep breath, and finally returns her gaze to her friend’s.

“You’re like…moving around and stuff….”

Winter raises her brows, still not understanding what the girl is trying to say.

Jesus, those eyes are sweltering enough alone, but it also doesn’t help that the girl’s blonde bob is also framing her features so attractively. Noticing how the younger girl still isn’t moving, Karina realizes that she needs to be more transparent with the girl. She chews on her lower lip.

‘It’s honestly...kind of right now. I need you to get off of me.’

No! Too much, Jimin.

She settles for something way more PG. “I-it’s making me really uncomfortable—like in a gay way,” Karina whispers.

Winter eyes jump out of their sockets. “Oh...OH!” she exclaims before rocketing off of the girl’s lap, not at all expecting an explanation like that. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to make you, um, I didn’t mean—”

Karina laughs. Even thou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter