Chapter Five

Room 1117
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jesus Christ,” Winter curses. “I just showered, but I’m pretty sure that I’m sweating already.”

The whole city was experiencing a bizarre heatwave in the early spring—stupid climate change—and not only that, but because of the heat, the AC unit for the floor had malfunctioned and had been out of commission for days now, turning the eleventh floor into a complete sauna. Practically everyone was shamelessly roaming the hallway in their underwear and that was no exception for Winter and Karina.

The brunette barely has the energy to nod along as she listens to her roommate complain while they walk down the dorm hall.

“At least your hair is shorter,” Karina replies.

She’s a bit cooler now that her ridiculously long hair is wet from her shower, however, it’s starting to feel like a humid blanket against her back and neck. Not even caring about how it’s going to look as it dries, Karina pulls the wet tresses up into a bun, desperate to feel some air against the back of her neck.

As the pair pass by one of their neighbors in the hallway, Winter definitely notices that the boy dips his gaze down and also pivots in his step to try to get a better look at Karina’s . But even though the brunette is walking around in her underwear, she still has an oversized white t-shirt on that makes it difficult to see what she’s hiding underneath. Nevertheless, Winter falls back in her step so that she’s behind Karina and blocking the boy’s sight.

She reaches forward and tugs down on the hem of the white t-shirt. “You draw way too much attention! Cover up!”

Drawing too many male eyes has always made Karina uncomfortable, but she honestly doesn’t care right now given the heat. “You cover up!” Karina replies before swatting the blonde’s hands away. She points accusingly at the other girl. “You’re wearing way less!”

She’s not wrong. Winter is only in a grey tank top and teal , but some of the other girls on the floor are wandering around in their bikinis, so she definitely doesn’t feel self-conscious at all about her choice of clothes. “Whatever,” Winter shrugs off, “Let’s just get back to the fan.”

They both sigh in relief as they step back into their room, which is noticeably cooler than the stuffy hallway. The combination of the open window and their tower fan at least makes their current situation slightly more tolerable.

Winter plops onto her bed, glad that her sheets feel cool against her skin. “Let’s watch Snowpiercer,” she suggests. “Then at least we can pretend that we’re in a blizzard.”

“Sure. Where’s your laptop?”

“Oh, it’s in my backpack,” she says, pointing to the yellow pack sitting on the floor, by her desk.

As Karina bends down to pick up the bag, her white t-shirt lifts up to expose her black lace-trimmed , and Winter naturally does a double take a sight. It isn’t out of the ordinary for the roommates to see each other half- after living together for over a semester already. Even when they had barely known each other at the start of the school year, the last weeks of hot summer weather led both of them to be sleeping in their shirts and undergarments.

And though their situation is nearly identical today, the stark difference between the months though is that they most certainly weren’t kissing before.

As skinny as Karina is, she also has incredible curves that Winter’s always been jealous of. The blonde chews on her lower lip as her eyes trace over those curves, but after realizing that she’s been staring at the other girl’s for a bit too long, she quickly relocates her focus before she’s caught.

“Here,” Karina says, turning around and handing Winter her laptop before moving to adjust the fan so that it’s angled towards them.

“Right there, right there,” Winter tells her roommate, giving the girl a thumbs up as the breeze hits her. While Karina climbs onto the blonde’s bed, Winter scrolls through the streaming site and loads up the movie. “God, what does cold even feel like anymore?” she whines, looking at the snowy mountains on the screen.

As they two start to become engrossed with the story, Winter’s hand naturally goes to seek out Karina’s. The two were already close before, but nowadays, they’re even more inseparable. They’re not cuddled up like they usually are because of the temperature, but still, they gently hook a few fingers together as they lean against the wall and watch the film.

Half an hour passes and Winter is slowly losing focus on the movie as she’s becoming more and more distracted by the way that Karina’s playing with her fingers. It takes a while for her to realize it, but once Winter finally notices a dark gaze from her peripherals, she looks over and notices how the older girl is staring.

“W-what?”

Karina doesn’t immediately reply. She leans in and gives the blonde a quick peck on the lips before pulling away and smiling. “Nothing. You just looked really cute and I just wanted to do that.”

A smile begins to slowly creep over Winter’s lips, but she quickly covers up her blushing by teasing the older girl, like she always does. “You are so cheesy.”

Karina whines, now forcing Winter’s hand to fully interlock with hers. “I think you like it, don’t you?”

“Meh.”

Pillowy lips push out into an insufferably cute pout, instantly melting Winter’s attempt at freezing out her roommate’s fondness. The blonde rolls her eyes and scoffs before tightening her hold on Karina’s hand.

“I guess I don’t hate spending the weekend like this with you.”

“You’re incredibly romantic,” Karina sarcastically tells the girl.

“Yeah, and don’t you forget it,” Winter whispers, reaching forward to grab a handful of Karina’s shirt around her collar.

Karina had been hoping to steal a couple of quick kisses, but she totally welcomes this change of pace as Winter pulls her forward before laying a long kiss on her lips. When they pull apart with a wet pop, Winter hastily turns around so that she can close her laptop lid before moving it to her nightstand. Excited as she returns her attention to Karina, she reaches for a handful of the girl’s t-shirt again and pulls them down onto the bed.

Now that they’ve lost interest in Snowpiercer, their chaste pecks soon start to escalate as they tumble into each other, wrapped in another mess of feverish kisses. This definitely isn’t the first time for their movie sessions to result in this, in fact, it’s a regular occurrence by this point, but what is different is that they’re normally wearing a lot more clothes than they currently are.

Winter is ordinarily mesmerized enough by the way it feels for Karina to kiss her stupid with those unbelievably soft lips, but it’s absolutely maddening feeling their bare legs intertwined with each other. There’s so much contact that’s so foreign and electrifying. And regardless of the insufferable heat of their room, neither of them seem to be bothered by the additional warmth that they’re creating. Their skin is starting to stick from sweat, but even then, Winter shifts her legs around the taller girl, making it a little easier to draw her roommate in closer.

Karina’s long black hair had been tied up high into a bun, but Winter’s already long ruined the pristine hold with the way that her fingers are haphazardly wrapped into the girl’s hair. As incisors gently nip at Winter’s lips, she tightens her grip in dark locks and involuntarily wheezes against Karina’s mouth, totally dazed by the change in their normally soft kisses.

Wanting to return the favor, Winter decides to mirror the same action. She gently bites down on the older girl’s lower lip, but gets an unexpected response. Karina softly groans and suddenly rocks her hips forward.

Winter’s eyes fly open, surprised by the disorienting pressure between her thighs when there’s practically nothing barricading their skin from each other. The older girl repeats the action again and Winter sputters on her own breath when she suddenly realizes what’s happening.

“K-karina,” Winter stutters, voice barely there. Feeling far too dizzy and hot to let this continue, she whispers, “C-can we s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter