Chapter Three: The Heart Against the Mind

would you look at me

Ningning POV

It's been a week since our debut and we've achieved a lot and we were really thankful to the fans and the public for their love for us. After a week of work, the company gave us a day off so we decided to watch a movie together. It was me the Winter Unnie, Giselle unnie, and then Karina unnie sitting on the sofa watching a romantic movie. Karina unnie chose him because she is afraid of horror movies. The movie was about a boy trying to confess his love to the girl, but the girl loves another person just like my story.

After a while, Giselle Unnie and Karina Unnie decided to go to sleep, so Winter Unnie and I were alone. I just looked at her to see her immersed in the movie. The movie ended with a sad ending. The boy lost his love because she was in love with his friend, so he decided to get away from the city and leave.

"Ning ah

"Hmmmmm"

"What do you think is love?"

"Hmmm, I don't know. I'm still learning, but it's like school. Every day you learn something."

She looked at me like she was thinking of something

"Ning-ah, have you ever loved?"

I didn't want to answer her so I asked the same question

“do you love someone?"

 "yeh, answer my question."

"I'll answer you when I hear your answer."

She  lowered her head as I saw her blush, an expression I had never seen before

"Actually, I love someone and I'm thinking about confessing."

"And what if that person rejects you?"

She remained silent for a bit, as if she wanted to answer my question with a convincing answer. I waited for her to respond, but she did not answer, so I  got up and she look at me.

"Hey where are you going?"

"unnie, if you're not sure of this love, let it go, because you're going hurt "

"I know…I just..." she said, mumbled

I sigh while looking at her before I turn my back I can't stand it so I have to get out of here before I collapse and suddenly I feel her hand on my wrist

And she said, "yah, I answered your question. Now it's time for you to answer my question, Did you love someone?"

"Yes," I said bitterly, "but she is someone who will disappear if you get close to her."

She asked "why?"

I turned to her and smiled sadly, "Because she is not mine and from the beginning she was not mine, and yet I fell for her more."

"Ning-ah, just forget her, she doesn't deserve you," she said sadly.

i smiled, "No unnie, I'm not the one who doesn't deserve her, but it's okay, don't worry, I'll forget about it... I'll take a shower first, so go to sleep first... Good night, Unnie."

She said, "Okay, you too. I'm going to wash the dishes, then I'll sleep... and... Ningning, let it be between us. I don't want the Unnies to know about it."

"Don't worry, about your secret."

She left my hand and went to the kitchen while I took my broken heart to the shower and closed the door and let my tears fall I'm the type who doesn't like to show his sadness So I cry when I'm alone I let all the sadness and pain come out with those tears that became like a waterfall

It's been two hours and I'm in the bathroom. I wanted to stay longer because I wanted her to sleep so that you could see my eyes swollen from crying I went out to see her sleeping in her bed, I sighed tightly and, got dressed and left the room. It was 3.30 in the morning, but I didn't care. I wanted to get out and walk a little. To clear my mind

 I put on my jacket and walked out The sky was still black but I didn't care I went to the Han River and sat there on the grass watching the river Then I lay on the grass and fell asleep

I woke up to see that the sun had not yet risen, so I decided to go back to the house. I walked home quickly because I wanted to go back before the others woke up, and when I arrived I slowly opened the door and sighed in relief because I found the house quiet, it seemed that they did not wake up yet.

 I sighed, then I went straight to my room and opened the door quietly and I slowly closed it and turned around to find Winter Unnie in front of me sitting on my bed with an angry expression. Suddenly she got up and came towards me and the lights.

"Ning, where have you been so far?" she said angrily.

" I was abroad "

She said, "Then why didn't you answer your phone I called you 40 calls but you didn't answer I went to the unnies room because I thought I'd find you there but I didn't find you Do you know how worried I was for you?"

I said, "I'm sorry, it's just...I just wanted to take a walk."

 With tears in her eyes, she said, " Then you have to wake me up so I can go with you, I was worried about you when I woke up and didn't find you."

I panicked when I saw her tears so I hugged her, "unnie I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you, I won't do that again, I promise."

She hugged me tightly and lightly patted my shoulder, "You better keep your promise, or I'll tell the unnies about it."

I turned away from her and looked at her, "Okay, I'll do it. Don't worry... let's go to sleep, it's still early to wake up."

I sighed in relief when I saw her lying on her bed looking drowsy. I smiled when I saw that she had fallen into a deep sleep as soon as she put her head on the pillow. I also went to bed and lay down. Today was a long day. I sighed deeply as I looked at her before looking at the ceiling.

"I'll forget... I have to... for the good of the team and for the sake of my heart I love her but she doesn't love me I have to accept it

karina unnie is very nice and she will treat her well... I have to erase these feelings so that Karina unnie doesn't feel guilty and even Winter Unnie doesn't know about it."