Annoyingly Agressive

Something Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August:

 

I sat at in Pastis enjoying my steak sandwich and fries.

I hummed like I always do when the food is delicious.

I look over at Ana who is typing away on her phone and giggling like she is in high school.

"Girl stop texting Joshua and eat your lunch."

"We are in Pastis for crying out loud, do you know how long I have been waiting for them to reopen?" I ask her.

"Ok, ok I am sorry and yes I do because I have been waiting along with you."

I smirks and sighs, "Don't mind me I am just grumpy today because Aunt Flo made an early visit."

"Oh lord I feel ya girlfriend." She replies.

"Anyway, how is my boy? Where is he at this time anyway?" I ask taking a drink of my lemonade.

"Mmmm this is heaven!" I say excitedly.

I take another sip to have the flavor assault my tongue again.

"He is in Hong Kong at the moment, but he will be returning to Seoul in 2 days and then back in a week later.

She takes a huge bite of her burger and moans.

"See I told you it is so good right? I will give you half mine if you give me half of yours."

"Deal." She grabs her knife and cuts down the side she hadn't bitten into and hands it to me.

I hand her my uneaten half and she holds it up to me.

I hold up my half of the burger and touch her half.

"Cheers to one of our favorite spots opening back up." She says.

"Here here!" I say and we crack up laughing.

She finishes her bite and takes a big sip of her tea.

"So, I got some news you may be interested in hearing.

"Oh, and what's that?" I ask curious all of a sudden.

"Terry has moved here and he is staying with Josh." She looks at me intently.

"Oh really, that's nice for you guys right? You will get to see him every day now." I say carefully.

"That's all you got to say?"

"What he is not my friend or family what do you expect me to say?" I ask.

"I mean I only really know him through you guys and as my real estate agent."

"We really don't have dealings outside of that and you know this so why you are telling me he moved here?" I ask.

"Are you being serious right now? You know he likes you, hell he might be in love with you."

"I wouldn't go that far Ana we haven't spent enough time together for him to be in LOVE with me."

"More like LUST." I say.

"And besides I have never given him any inclination that I'd date him, if anything I have been steadfast in telling him to stop trying."

I take a drink and look at her.

She crosses her arms over her chest and raises her eyebrows and glares at me.

"What?" I glare right back.

"Yeah you have are right and you have been nothing but professional with him, but."

"But what Ana spit it out for goodness sakes."

'You know you are attracted to him! Why won't you give him a chance Maddy?"

"It will never work out between us."

"My family is terrible, and I would never subject a man to them and besides I am happy on my own right now."

"And when I meet the right guy, you and everyone else will know about it."

"What if you already have met the right guy?" She asks.

"Who Terrance?" I scoff.

"Not likely, number one he doesn't take no for an answer and I HATE that!

"Number two he's twelve years older than me and you know my age cut off is five years going both ways."

"And he is not my ideal type I just don't see myself with someone like him."

"What someone gorgeous, rich and into you."

"No someon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter