Don’t want to be your friend.

Pills & Potions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 - Don’t want to be your friend.

 

Seulgi almost wanted to slap herself for even getting disappointed, because her disappointment only signified that she was foolish enough to have even hoped for something, for anything to happen.

 

It had been two weeks since Irene’s drunken love confession and honestly, every day after that made Seulgi feel worse and worse because the person who was supposedly in love with her was a no show. nada. nowhere to be found.

 

She should have learned her lesson by now, but no. 

 

Seulgi wanted to rant to her closest friend, Seungwan but was hesitant to do so because she knew how the Canada-raised Korean would react. 

 

Seungwan was a common friend of Irene and Seulgi, but when Irene had rejected Seulgi and pretended that Seulgi never existed, Seungwan had stood up for Seulgi and stood by her… effectively also getting deleted from Irene’s best friends, but Seungwan didn’t mind it even when Seulgi had apologized for getting her involved in the first place, Seungwan had said to her, “Seulgi, you don’t need to apologize if Irene is acting like a , it’s not your fault. Also, its her loss! She lost you, her best friend and practically other half, and me, the best human being in this world, so no, don’t say sorry.”

 

Easy to say, Seungwan had been Seulgi’s strength at the time when the chef felt as if half of her was ripped away.

 

Seulgi tried not to rant to Seungwan or even update her about Irene’s comeback in her life, she really did, even avoiding her friend just in case she accidentally says it to her—but two weeks worth of anxiety and Seungwan’s unprecedented visit to Seulgi’s flat brought the chef’s feelings all to the table.

 

and now Seulgi has to suffer for not being able to keep shut because Seungwan had Seulgi’s karaoke system and was belting out every song that was relatable to what Seulgi was going through.

 

malibu nights? check.

 

mean it? check.

 

chasing pavements? check.

 

grenade? double-check.

 

Earlier she had even shouted at the chef to sing a song entitled, “I don’t want to be your friend.” and if Seulgi was honest to herself then yes she didn’t want to be Irene’s friend. She wanted to be someone more to the other but since she was painfully rejected, she also doesn’t want to stay as Irene’s friend.

 

But it was something in the lyrics that said, “Don’t call me in the middle of the night no more, don’t expect me to be there.” that Seulgi realized she was still on the losing side because when Irene did call her, Seulgi like a dog, came running. So much for not expecting her to be there.

 

Also, “Don’t think that it’ll be the way it was before, don’t think that I care.” 

 

True to the song, Seulgi thinks her and Irene could never go back to the way they were before, because they were older now, they were different people compared to the two young girls they once were… but! again, if we are being honest, Seulgi still cared (unlike the lyrics of the song.)

 

But the greatest relatable lyrics on the song that Seungwan forced her to sing was “I’m not over you yet and I don’t want to be your friend.” Hoo! what kind of pain did that singer went through to write those lyrics… wait… Seulgi was also going through that pain. hsksks.

 

Seulgi swore that she will have her Karaoke system uninstalled if this was how wendy wanted to help her process her feelings and forget Irene, it was not working. I repeat, it isn’t working, but Seulgi can’t help but laugh at Seungwan’s antics, her friend was clearly trying to get her on a better mood.

 

“Thanks wan-ah,” Seulgi hugged Seungwan as the other was leaving, it was way past midnight when they finished their karaoke-ing  and the song-producer would still have to attend classes tomorrow unlike Seulgi who already finished her course a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter