Don't wake me up

Pills & Potions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Don't wake me up

 

"Please... please..." bumping her forehead against her steering wheel for the nth time, Seulgi didn't know what she was praying for.

 

Perhaps for some clarity of mind? Or maybe she was wishing that this was all just a nightmare and she'd wake up with her fluffy cat in her arms, or maybe just maybe, she was wishing for a dream come true, even though it was three years late.

 

But in truth... Seulgi was just praying that she wouldn't get hurt again. She doesn't think she can survive two heart breaks from the same person for the same reasons.

 

Taking a deep breath, Seulgi turned her head to look at the woman who held her affections. It has been years since they last saw each other, years since Seulgi has been this close to her best friend. 

 

Looking at the unconscious Irene, Seulgi saw that her best friend got even more beautiful. More mature. There was no doubt in her eyes that Irene would easily be the centre of attention anywhere she goes. Seulgi thinks that it's impossible that Irene has had no relationships in the years they weren't in each other's lives. 

 

Seulgi would lie if she said she didn't care. But she did, remembering the hurt she felt when she heard news of Suho, a common acquaintance of theirs, had outwardly expressed his affection for Irene. It hurt even more that all their friends supported it and was claiming that both were perfect for each other, hah! That perfect for Irene? Pshhh. 

 

Seulgi just chose to ignore it--she didn't want to know anymore details about Irene and her possible love interests, telling herself she had no business meddling in the relationship/s of the woman who broke her heart. 

 

The same woman who now had her head falling towards the console of Seulgi's car. Thankfully the chef-to-be was able to stop Irene from harming herself. Deciding to fix the sleeping form of Irene so that she could get some rest before Seulgi had to wake her up and get her to become sober, Seulgi leaned over to adjust the passenger seat so she could recline the seat for Irene. 

 

Slowly pushing the seat down, Seulgi gulped at the close proximity of both their faces. Her heart doing summersaults inside her ribcage. 

 

Immediately averting her gaze somewhere else and clearing , Seulgi felt as if a child caught taking a cookie from the cookie jar. Did you take a cookie from the cookie jar? No! Wait.. Let's digress. 

 

Feeling the temperature sky rocket, Seulgi found herself getting out of her car to get as far away from the subject of her affection as she could, only to realize that she might get wet again... Moving to go back inside, Seulgi wondered why she still haven't gotten wet. Looking up at the skies, she found nothing but a clear sky, letting out a soft "oh.." 

 

Seulgi looked at her watch, shocked that an hour has passed since she picked Irene up. 

 

In her mental turmoil, she probably did not realize the time passing. 

 

She really had to bring Irene home lest the parents of the med student call the police and have Irene become a kidnapping victim. 

 

Opening her car to get her wallet to buy water and drinks that could help Irene sober up, Seulgi adjusted the heater to a comfortable temperature before she started heading to the convenience store that was nearby. 

 

Shivering at the cold of the night, Seulgi sniffed, mentally berating herself for getting wet in the rain and not changing clothes as soon as she could. She would surely go down with a cold tomorrow. 

 

Finally seeing the old store that they frequented back in their high school days, Seulgi was relieved that it was still open. 

 

Skipping over to get a bottle of water and a pineapple juice. Seulgi wondered if she should get Irene coffee. Knowing Irene, she detested drinking the bitter beverage--the only kind of coffee she would drink was those concocted by Seulgi herself. Remembering back during their exam days that Seulgi had to bring a thermos full of her special coffee to keep Irene awake throughout the hellish hours of multiple tests. Unfortunately for Irene, Seulgi did not have her coffee maker on her right now and Seulgi really did have to get Irene sober, or else the other girl might get an earful from her mother. 

 

Choosing a hot latte on the vending Machine, she was about to pay for all she bought but then a hideous looking shirt caught her eyes. 

 

It was a bright pink sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter