Waiting for you and your white horse to come around

Pills & Potions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Waiting for you and your white horse to come around.

Seulgi was cleaning her station in her culinary school. Her final exam took place hours earlier and the anxiety that the aspiring chef felt before her exam was now gone, in its place was relief. Seulgi was sure that her professors would give her a good grade, she really beat that salmon in shape and rendered a Michelin star worthy dish in only 30 minutes.

Seulgi was giddy, if she does pass this test, this would mean that Seulgi would become a full-fledged chef and start working under famous executive chefs in Seoul like Mingoo Kang and Corey Lee. It seemed that all of her dreams were slowly coming true. Well, all but one. But that ship has long sailed without Seulgi in it.

Reminiscing, Seulgi remembered the person she considered her other half. They had grown up together, shared everything together, dreamt together, made life-changing plans together… They just fit perfectly well together; it was almost as if they were made for each other. And that was what Seulgi felt, because truthfully Irene brought out the best in Seulgi, and the chef-student would also like to think that she was able to chase away Irene’s inhibitions and fears.

Seulgi didn’t know when she started falling for her best friend, she just woke up one day and realized that , she wasn’t just head over heels for Irene, she was 6 feet buried underground in love with her best friend, her partner in crime… but that was all in the past.

Seulgi in her foolish wishful thinking had gone and confessed her feelings to her best friend on their graduation night, she really thought that Irene felt the same. Seulgi could swear on it.

And so, she confessed, bearing her heart out to her best friend, only for it to be finely chopped into cubes and strips.

Harsh reality check, Irene did not feel the same.

Ever since their graduation, Seulgi and Irene, best friends who never seem to be apart… just never talked to each other again, there was no going back to before Seulgi’s confession.

It was like losing a part of herself that Seulgi knows she could never get back, but at least she tried… at least she confessed what she felt—at least she stayed true to herself. That was the only comfort out of her heartbreak.

Over the years, although they had never talked again, Seulgi felt it her responsibility to still keep track of her best-friend. They had shared their dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter