Epilogue

For you, I would

Two months had passed since the day of the attack.

Byulyi, Yongsun, Wheein and Hyejin were now living happily at the small village in which Wheein had been brought up. It had taken at least a day and a half for them to reach the settlement from where we last left them.

The princess, freed from her role as a royal child of the Kingdom of Chuseon lived her days, happier than ever with the love of her life. Yongsun and Byulyi took charge of the two younger ones as they settled in to a small home after spending weeks with a stranger who offered them shelter as soon as they arrived. Although Byulyi had been severely injured, the village doctor had managed to heal her in only a matter of days.

It was hard for them to adjust to the ways of the townspeople and to answer the questions thrown their way when an injured girl along with three other runaways had landed on the shore of the village. Wheein had recognized some of her friends she had grown up with, and thankfully they had recognized her as well. Although they were confused, one of her friends had lent them a small house to reside in until they found a proper place to permanently live in.

The small and nameless village was peaceful and catered to all their needs. Hyejin had improved her cooking and was always showered with praises for the wonderful dishes she put out for her small family. Wheein helped around the village and made some money by working a few jobs. Yongsun too worked around the village, growing skilled by the day in each of the tasks she voluntarily took on, and Byulyi with her sword took on some of the younger men and trained them in becoming good fighters.

No plans were made for the future, but eventually they would venture away from the village and all four were in agreement that they would wander together wherever they went. The four were not merely friends, they were each other’s only family.

Wheein and Hyejin did not have to be told that the two older girls were in love, they had teased them about it as soon as they stepped into the village and all four had laughed it out and accepted each other.

Summer was slowly coming to an end, bringing winter along with it.

Chuseon had fought for days, leaving most of the kingdom in ruins. Byulyi thought that hopefully they had been declared dead. There were only rumors spreading amongst people about the battle that broke out on the royal wedding. Nothing official was announced, giving them more time to adjust to their new life.

No one’s identity except for Wheein’s was disclosed to the villagers and it would stay that way till they found an answer as to what the future would be for them. For now they were away from trouble.

As for Byulyi and Yongsun, the day they escaped felt like only yesterday; and the way they fell in love would never be forgotten. Byulyi looks at Yongsun with the same adoration she did on the day she knew she was in love with her.

And Yongsun did as she promised. She cared for Byulyi and was always by her side. They were inseparable and forever will stay that way, holding on to the promises they made to each other.

It was indeed going to be a life to remember; and they would not have spent it any other way.