A Bit Alive

Break The Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Day 1, 1:00 PM, City A, Academy High School

Yeonhee heard the sound of footsteps running up the stairs and before the door connected to the roof was opened, her eyes turned back to lifeless as usual. Towards her dismay, the group of student that come up to hide, there were some of the familiar faces. She knew some of them since they are from the same class. Including the high ponytail girl who 'stole' her note this morning.

They seems breathless as soon as arrived in this place only then they realized there was someone else present here before them.

"Yeonhee? what are you doing up here?" Suho is a student council and seeing one of his classmate in restricted area, he can't help but sound strict.

Yeonhee blink her eyes and turn her head towards the direction where the turmoil started. Only then did she realize that the area was empty yet the effects of the tragedy were evident based on the ground that turning into the color of red a sign of bloodshed and body parts that Yeonhee believe belong to the humans. No matter how functional one's mind is, seeing such a horrible situation is capable of making one lose the power to just stand.

It's just, how long have I been here?

Seeing the girl ignoring him, Suho started getting annoyed but one of his friend stopped him.

"Suho, now it's not the right time." Kris want to say that the girl only want to find a place to hide like all of them but seeing the leftover foods on the floor, he knows she had been here before the incident. But still, in the middle of chaos, they can't do anything. They are still a student but they aren't stupid. Right now, the school is in disorder. Those people...no, those unknown creatures that resemble humans now invading their school.

"What the hell happened out there?!" One of the girl collapse on her knee and grab her hair. Her face are red from crying. Seeing this, Kris walked towards the rooftop fence and stand not far from the quite girl and looked above.

From here, all he saw was a disaster. If this a movie, he would say this would be the realistic scene ever. Earlier, he can't believe when he saw the people bite other people but now 'they' not only bite but also eating others . And the people who get bitten rise within a minutes and become the same kind of that 'creatures.

"Are they....zombies?" Kris whispered in his breath. The others also come up to him and saw this scene. In the middle of their fear towards the unknown, Kris glanced at the quite girl that had been in this place from the beginning but from the looks on her face, all he saw was nothing. Only the unusual lifeless looks in her eyes.

.

.

.

Day 1, 1:30 PM, City A, Academy High School

No one knows how many time left before the system completely collapse and everyone had no idea of the thing happen outside the school grounds since nobody coming to the rescue. Those who survived in this school in the first place are now in hiding. Some students who are brave enough to take a broom or chair leg as a weapon only to feel despair when they see that the school that was once beautiful, clean and full of life now become a hell that they want to escape as fast as possible.

Seeing the devastated scene, their leg unable to step forward and when they spot a group of monster like human, the students knew they ed up. They should have never leaves their hiding place and just wait for the rescuer no matter how long it's take. That was all they thought before the monsters lunged towards them and the bloody scream of anguish resounding again.

Every corner of the school was full of eerie situations, the sound of flesh being torn apart along the scream of pain become everyone's nightmare.

', !'

Hyunjin peeked out of the classroom window and didn't know how many times the obscene swear words came out of his mouth. He is not a coward yet he is not stupid to endanger himself in the face of a situation he can't handle.

"Hyung, how?'' Hyunjin said in whispered.

"It's useless. I've tried many times but the line is still busy even my parents calls can't be connected." Bangchan replied almost want to throw out his handphone.

"I don't think the rescuer would come to us right away." The boy with deep voice said. Worries are obvious on his face.

"What's you mean? If so, what the hell those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter