Our Survival

Break The Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Day 1, 3:10 PM, City A, Academy High School.

The high ponytail girl named Kang Mina feel resented in her heart. If not because of that damn girl who foolish enough to go down from their safe hiding place, she would never expect herself to faced the situation that she tried to get away from it.

Kyungsoo sneered when see the looks on her face.

"You can just wait up there. Must you making that face as if we force you to come down." Kyungsoo said at the same time also reminding the other two girls in their group.

Cannot accept that she was jeered by the on of her crush, Mina frowned and release her thought.

"That Yeonhee has gone on her own. Why we must looking for her in this state? Why don't we wait for the rescuer?"

Suho glanced at her for a bit before turn away. This girl has to many question.

"We're not only looking for her, we also looking for our friends. It's already almost four hours and sooner or later we will die from hunger if the rescuer didn't come. Now can we all shut up and kept alert." At the last words, Suho sound strict as he used to be as student council.

They walk until the end of the corner and then Kris stopped them.

''Wait here, I will go and check." He volunteer since it's better to move alone in order to avoid being notice by the creatures. 

"Be careful bro." Chanyeol said with his deep voice seeing Kris leave and disappear behind the corner.

They wait and wait until they can't wait anymore.

"Where did Kris oppa go?" One of the girl said with worried.

Kyungsoo also fidgeted in his place."Don't you guys feels this situation eerily quite." The others neither said yes nor denied Kyungsoo's feelings since they feels the same thing. From the very beginning of this incident, there is no denying the fear that enveloped them because of the screams of the people who were in this school mix with the roar of the creatures and yet now all of a sudden the voices died down with only the sound of winds blows.

Suho decide to find Kris and letting the rest go back to the rooftop since it's not too far from here. Before he can voicing his thought, Kris come back with an unsual cheerful looks on his face.

"You guys, see who I brought back.'' Their lost friends Tao, Luhan and Baekhyun emerged from his back.

"Hyung!"

"Yah Chanyeol! how could you still be alive."

"Same with you, Baekhyun." Bastard. At the last words, Chanyeol muttered under his breath. Feels happy at the same time annoyed with his friend. Still it's a happy reunion after losing contact with each other almost half day.

"What about others?" Suho words broke the happy reunion.  There was a worried frown on his face thinking the worst possibility but Luhan give them a reasurring smile and tell them about others.

It turns out that the school take a drastic measure and quickly bring the students and teacher who survived in the closed hall at the main building as soon as they saw the situation getting out of their hand. There also pretty much supplies that they manage to secure and now their friends also take refuge in the hall. Tao, Luhan and Baekhyun manage to convinced the teacher to let them out to find their friends and also some supplies. After all, the three of them are famous for their martial arts and active in sports. Therefore, their stamina is more stable than the others.

Chanyeol almost want to cry when he hear that they willing to find them. That's the true friend!

Before Chanyeol wiped his snot at others, Luhan opened his mouth with serious looks.

"We don't have enough time. Let's head to the hall now and we must be fast."

"Why? is that things still here?" Kyungsoo said in nervousness.

Luhan shook his head.

"You will know when we get back."

.

.

.

 

Exhausted.

She feels so ing exhausted as if she had run a full marathon. Truth to be told she never fond in doing any sport or the same kind of thing and get tired easily. Yeonhee staggering. The bone that she has carried for a while has long gone and was replaced by a baseball bat that has been smeared by blood. Her hand touch the wall along the corridor to support her body while walking. Her guess is right, the infected can't die from merely a wound on their bodies, even when they missing legs or arms, they would still going on finding 'food' since they can't feels pain.

But of course every creatures has their own weakness even the undead. Watching the zombie movie was a never useless thing and from that 'experiance', she only wants to try. Who would know that their weakness lie on their head. As long as their head are busted open, they won't be able to rise again.

The only thing that annoyed her was their speed. They walked very slow as if they're sleep walking but as soon as they saw prey, they run as fast as tiger would to catches the victim and Yeonhee had a hard time to handle them.

"Haa..this kind of is tiring.'' Yeonhee end up falling on her and burried her head between her knees.

When thinking back, she questioned herself for trying so hard. Instead of finding that girl, it would be the best if she continued living on the rooftop without shelther to cover her from the rain and slowly dying in hunger. At least, dying that way sound painless, right?

She didn't even know that girl's condition. Is she still alive? If so, then where is she hiding? 

Yeonhee realized that she being shallow-minded. If she thought of the worst possibility then Han Nami can't never survived this disaster. Yeonhee clenched her hand. Behind the glasses, her eyes glimmered with cold gaze.

'No. She must be alive. She has to be alive.'

Yeonhee once again continued her journey. Her destination now is in the next building. If she ever looking back, she won't find any human corpse instead the dead infected pile up making a small mountain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter