Spark of Hope

Break The Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Day 1, 3:45PM, City A, Academy Highschool.

Yeonhee realized that she spend too much time finding the way out and when she found out that the outside was fill with zombies scattered around, not like in the building where they conquer the classroom making their nest and quitely wait for the prey. Fortunately, she managed to hide herself between the flower beds and the walls behind her so none of them can sense her.

The building that Han Nami reside was not far from her hiding place but she must across the road before she can get over there but it seems impossible with the zombies roaming the entire road.

'What to do?' Yeonhee bite her pale lips when suddenly her face lit up. She took a small pebble a bit bigger than her thumb and...Clang!

The pebble hit the trash can that far from where she was hiding.

Seeing the zombies scrambled towards the sound means that her intuition was right. She noticed it earlier back when she faced with those thing at the corridor. They have poor eyesight but sensitive hearing and she just take a gamble with a small rock.

This time the fortune goddess were on her side. She successfully made her way through a horde of zombies rushing towards the sound she had just made and entered the backdoor without breaking a sweat. Surely, inside of this building was also in the same state as the building she come from. She affirm that those zombies lacked intelligent but it's seem the ones that roamed outside and the ones in hiding was a bit different as if there might be the difference between them.

Like a little mouse hiding from the cat, Yeonhee carefully explored every corner of the corridor. Sometimes, there was a crowd of zombies gnawing on bones, with crushed meat and blood scattered haphazardly on the floor. Seeing this,Yeonhee would immediately take a detour. She felt no need to waste energy facing those who had not yet threatened her safety. Out of the blue, there was a desperate wail along the corridor, followed by the familiar roaring of zombies and the scream of a man?

'Wait, why it's getting near?'

The words that left unspoken become the answer when she saw two boys no..two grown-up boys rushing towards her..no...they are running because of those things chasing them!

'Damn!' Talk about saving energy.

Both of the boys also saw the unfamiliar girl and wanted to shout for her to run away but they realized that in front of the girl there were also zombies that were busily eating and were now aware of their presence.

It was not long for them to realize that they were trapped in the middle.

And Yeonhee, for the first time felt anger rising in her. She looked toward the zombies. There was six of them, three in front of her and the other three behind the boys. Perfect. Without waiting the zombies to strike first, Yeonhee rushed towards the nearest zombies in front her in incredible speed and lift the baseball bat before hitting the head of one of the zombies. Their head was as hard as rock but it not invulnerable. Her prowess comes when she felt the adrenaline rush inside her give no fear instead make her expecting the result in destroying something deprive from her way..

With the display of her prowess in killing the zombies, the zombies fell with a shattered head showing the gruesome ash-grey brain brain mixed with dark red blood. But in the third hit, the baseball bat in her hand become wreck. The only weapon she had become useless.

Now what does she need to do? use her hand? Hell no. Even if her face was now dirty with the zombies's blood and brain matter but she refuse dirtying her hands breaking the zombies head.

She might as well run ahead since there was no more any obstacles in front of her. But she quicky erase her thought when thinking about her poor sense of direction. She glare at the boys behind. Since they are in this building, they might know about Han Nami, thus Yeonhee decide to give them a hand..even when it makes her irritated.

Both of the boys already reach in front of her while catching their breath. When they are in running just now they saw how this petite girl rush towards the zombies. They thought this is the last time they'll see her but unexpectely, the same girl with clumsy ferociousness kill the three zombies in one . The sight seems a lie until they reach towards the said girl. Instead of fear, what they saw was a hidden anger? 

Yes, in fact Yeonhee felt angry seeing each of them had a better weapon than her and yet they run away and leading her towards danger.

"You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter