月と水鏡 (i just want to be with you)

混ざり合うもの • mazariaumono [NOW TAKING ONESHOT REQUESTS~!]

click!
 

あなたに会えるならすべてを失い、二度と月など見えなくていい。
If only I could meet you, I could even lose everything, or never see the moon ever again

 

Yuiri shakes her head. “No matter what you do, Naachan, I’ll always be proud of you.” Yuiri thinks of the time she’s watched Nana from afar, with the glimmer in her eyes, silently sending support and love, much to Nana’s ignorance. 

Nana lowers her head. She purses her lips together, her teeth gritting into them, while squeezing her eyes shut and the tears through their corners. 

There are so many words to say. There is either far too much or nothing at all to be said. Yuiri sniffles and takes a step nearer, enveloping Nana in a gentle embrace. Nana immediately reciprocates it, wrapping her arms tightly around Yuiri’s small frame, clinging so desperately as if Yuiri would crumble into ashes any moment. 

“I just want to be with you,” Nana says in a pained whisper. 

Yuiri blinks and widens her eyes to keep the tears in. “I know. But you have to go now, Naachan, you have to go already, don’t you?”

Nana just wishes she could scream and tell Yuiri not to remind her, and tell time to stop. She wants to sob her heart out, hold Yuiri tightly in her arms and never leave her. But Nana knows the world has damned her wishes and her sobs will bring no solution. So she silently keeps them in, resisting with all her might the trembling in her lips and slowly closing them shut. 

“Goodbye,” Yuiri says first when they part.

Now, Nana no longer wonders how Yuiri remains composed in facing their separation. “Goodbye,” Nana says, keeping her head down for there is far too much difficulty in bringing it up. 

But can you please let me look at you? Yuiri wants to say but keeps the plea to herself. She feels her body frozen despite her desire to just put her hand out and reach for Nana. 

Nana finally brings her head up. There is a smile on her lips, one that Yuiri cannot make out. “I love you.”

The whisper, carrying Nana’s heavy emotions, doesn’t reach Yuiri before Nana turns around and disappears in the distance.

 

A/N: I AM FINALLY WRITING YUUNAA. UGH. 

japanese title is the title of the linked song at the start of the oneshot, tsuki to mizukagami (which translates literally to "the moon and the reflecting water")

i couldn't really make out the premise of the situation but i just wanted to write something grave hence the tragic separation because i have really been (re-)hooked to this song, since being reminded of its existence during yuihan's grad concert and today i was looping this video of naachan singing it on youtube. ugh she sings it so well and this song is so sad it just bREAKS MY HEART

and i was very much inspired also, by the way yuu looks at naa in this video at 1:23 (just listen to the whole song since naa's voice is always just so beautiful) JUST LOOK AT THEM, IM YELLING THIS IS HOW TRUE LOVE LOOKS LIKE

anyway, i might edit or rewrite this or whatnot bc i wrote this on a whim and spent literally only fifteen minutes on it

i hope the sudden update finds you well, to anyone reading!