EIGHT

ROOMMATES (completed)

It was one week before Zhou Zhi Shu's wedding and Wuxian knew that Wang Ji was right. 

He needed to let Zi Shu know everything about the past. He needed to talk things out with Zi Shu. 

Wang Ji had left early today, it was his dad's birthday and the last conversation he had with his father was when his father practically abandoned his younger son. It definitely wasn't the easiest memory to settle with, so Wang Ji left early today saying that he needed to practice some more but Wuxian knew that he just needed to be alone for some time.

Wuxian left the house, slightly nervous, hopping on his toes. 

When he knocked on the door of his old house, he was in cold sweat. Today's conversation was going to change their relationship forever. Zi Shu opened the door and seeing his little Ah-Xian in front of him, Zi Shu jumped in for a hug. Even though Zi Shu was older, he was shorter than Wuxian, so he was engulfed in Wuxian's chest and Wuxian hugged back with his entire being.

Something was different about this hug. For the first time, Wuxian didn't feel guilty for holding Zi Shu in his arms. It felt lovely rather than restrictive. 

"Finally you remembered me!" Zi Shu said in delight.

They both sat together and Zi Shu poured tea for both of them. 

 "Where's your lover?" Wuxian asked sipping the tea, looking around the house. 

"Lao Wen? He left early today. He's busy with the preparations of the wedding." A pretty pink blush creeped on Zi Shu's cheeks as he mentioned Lao Wen. 

Wuxian laughed softly at the love-sick puppy in front of him and then he straightened his back and said, "I need to tell you something important." 

Zi Shu sensed the seriousness in Wuxian's tone and asked, "What is it?"  

Wuxian could feel his blood pressure rising, temperature falling, sweat breaking out and his breath becoming shallow. But he had to do this! He thought of Wang Ji, gained some strength out of the image of Wang Ji in his head and started speaking.

"I- Umm, You know, like- how I, I- I mean... How I left the apartment, ab- abruptly and, and I moved out... well... all of that- I-I did to- beca- because I- I was trying to get over you." Wuxian said in a miserably broken tone and was waiting for Zi Shu to explode, but that never happened. 

Zi Shu replied calmly, "I knew that."

This however caused Wuxian to panic-shout, "You- You knew! H- How? How can you- I- Never- how can anyone- did- did someone else tell- no but- I never told. How is this- how can it- its not possible-" 

Zi Shu looked at Wuxian panicking and smacked the boy gently on the head with an exasperated expression that seemed to say 'it was ing obvious'. 

"Ah-Xian, we have lived together for years. I can practically read you like a book. I knew you started liking me in the first year of college. And I- I-" Zi Shu paused. 

Wuxian was bewildered, Zi Shu knew all this time, and Wuxian noticed how he paused while speaking, so Wuxian softly whispered and prompted, "You what?" He sipped his tea to calm himself down. 

Zi Shu heard Wei Wuxian clearly. He swallowed the lump in his throat and said, "Well, I liked you back." 

Wei Wuxian promptly chokes, spitting out the tea in his mouth all over Zi Shu's face, and started coughing loudly.

Zi Shu cleaned his own face awkwardly and sat next to Wei Wuxian and rubbed his back, "Easy Ah-Xian, easy." 

Wuxian screamed, "Easy my ! You- YOU-YOU- liked me back! Then why- Why did you never-?" Wuxian stopped himself from completing that question, as Zi Shu was getting married in a week. What kind of an awkward time was this to ask such questions!

 Zi Shu, nonetheless, replied to the obvious question, "I knew you weren't ready. I knew you loved me but you were too fearful of losing our friendship. And it sometimes made me think that maybe I was imagining things. Maybe it was only in my head, and maybe you didn't-" He saighed. "And then Lao Wen came along. And I've never been loved with so much intensity and acceptance. I- I moved on." Zi Shu's voice turned into a whisper towards the end.

And Wuxian had his whole life in front of him within a split second.

For a moment Wuxian was torn apart, realizing that all that pain he went through could've been avoided, but then the thought of Wang Ji flooded into his head and everything felt worth what he had right now. All the pain was worth it. 

He felt relieved, he was glad that Zi Shu never confessed, he was glad for what had fallen apart to give birth to the present circumstances.  

He gained back his composure, and said, "You did the right thing. To be loved with so much acceptance, I know what it feels like now." As Wuxian said that, an image of- 'Wang Ji sitting peacefully and Jingshi and Gusu hopping around him,' showcased itself in his head.

Zi Shu smiled on hearing this. His little Ah-Xian had finally grown up. 

"That day when you left abruptly after I told you that I was getting married, the sadness in your eyes... That was the day I realized that it wasn't in my head. It was all real." Zi Shu completed. 

"Does that lover-boy of yours know about this?" Wei Wuxian asked in a teasing tone. Zi Shu nodded shyly. 

"I don't hide anything from him." Zi Shu replied, his eyes fond. 

Wuxian knelt forward and kissed Zi Shu on the forehead, and said, "I wish you a very happy married life." 

"Thank you." Zi Shu smiled.

They played chess together and Zi Shu lost as usual. Then they drank alcohol together, and Wei Wuxian told Zi Shu about Wang Ji, and Zi Shu was very excited to meet the younger. 

Then Zi Shu showed his wedding hanfu to Wei Wuxian. 

The outer most layer was pale blue with dark blue embroidery on it, and the second layer was white, and the inner one was an even paler shade of blue, making the embroider really stand out. It had a very elegant appeal to it, and definitely suited Zi Shu's personality. 

Wei Wuxian excitedly said, "I'll also get a similar one on my weddi-" 

He stopped abruptly, a deep red blush smeared on Wei Wuxian's cheeks as he realized what he had said.

Seeing this Zi Shu laughed loudly, and commented, "Someone was calling Lao Wen the lover-boy."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wei Wuxian was excitedly coming back home. He bought 5 white roses and 3 pink ones from a street vendor, then tied them together with a gorgeous sky blue ribbon. 

Wang Ji was right as always. 

After talking things out, Wei Wuxian felt like he was on the ninth cloud. A huge burden was lifted off his shoulders. He felt lighter and happier. It felt like he had finally moved on and was ready for a new love, for proceeding further with Wang Ji. He opened the house with his keys and entered hurriedly. 

Wearing Wang Ji's pair of slippers, he jumped into the kitchen where Wang Ji was cooking dinner. He back-hugged the younger and said, "Thank you, thank you, thank you! - thank you so much for being a part of my life!" 

Wang Ji was pleasantly surprised by this. 

He was anxious at first about how things would go between Zi Shu and his Wei Ying. But by seeing Wuxian's reaction, it wasn't tough to assume that every thing went quite well. 

Wuxian turned Wang Ji around and knelt in front of him with the flowers in his hand and he said, "My dear Lan Zhan, would you like to be the boyfriend of this old man?" 

Wang Ji couldn't hide the surprise in his features. 

This was really happening. 

Even though Wuxian had willingly kissed him once or twice, but Wang Ji still never let his thoughts get ahead of himself. He always made sure to keep himself humble, and thought that Wuxian might not be into him after all. But this proposal cleared all that mist. He just didn't like how Wuxian referred to himself as the 'old-man.'

Wang Ji grabbed Wuxian by the collar and pulled him up, pushed him against the refrigerator and kissed the life out of the boy. 

Pulling away, he lifted Wuxian up in his arms, bridal style and threw the boy on the couch. He took off his own shirt and got on top of Wuxian, kissing him roughly as he literally tore off Wuxian's shirt. "If it's not you, I don't want anyone else," Wang Ji whispered between kisses and Wei Wuxian's breathing started to get heavy as he was running out of breath. 

The statement sent shivers to Wuxian's spine and Wang Ji proceeded to kissing Wuxian's throat, leaving lush red hickeys all over his neck. 

He started playing with Wei Wuxian's s, them lightly, grazing his teeth over them and squeezing them softly. The older moaned loudly, as his manhood was screaming for attention. But Wang Ji had no intention of hurrying, he wanted to be painfully slow. He wanted to kiss each and every part of Wuxian's body before devouring him. 

He wanted to savour this.

Wang Ji reached between Wuxian's legs and kissed the inside of his thighs, leaving hickeys in the most intimate of places. 

He finally his boyfriend's shaft, making the elder groan in satisfaction. He took the older in his mouth, slowly as he started bobbing his head up and down. Wei Wuxian was involuntarily ing in Wang Ji's mouth. Wang Ji increased his pace as he Wuxian and moaned loudly, creating vibrations that took Wuxian to another level of pleasure, drawing out a moan from deep inside his chest.

Wang Ji was using his hands and mouth at the same time, and Wuxian tried to pull out, "L-Lan Zhan, stop... I can't hold back-" 

Wang Ji refused to stop or slow down though, harder instead.

Wei Wuxian gave out a loud moan, his body going taught like a bow string. His back arched off the couch and he ed in Wang Ji's mouth, who quickly swallowed it all with zero hesitance. 

Wang Ji kept rubbing him slowly till Wuxian had relaxed.

He took his -coated fingers and started rubbing circles at the rim of Wuxian's arse. He the hole sloppily, leaving a lot of saliva on it. He slowly pushed one finger in and slowly pulled it out. He stood up from the couch, lifted up Wuxian in his arms and carried him to to his own bed room. 

"What? The couch isn't spacious enough for you?" Wuxian teased the younger who's ears and cheeks turned pink at the comment.