Seven

Falling For The Bad Boy

ELINA

Entering the school premises, I took a deep breath and looked around. Everything was pretty normal, just like everyday. Students being scattered around, buzzing, smiling, rushing to their classes. Biting my lips, I released a soft sigh. But it ain't normal for me. I will never be able to adapt to a situation where it demands to deal with people. I am not a part of anti social club but it scares me. I'm not comfortable. I pretty much like being alone instead of being in a crowd full of strangers.

And no, it's not just a phase of my teenage life. I was like this since forever. I remember being all scared when I first entered into playschool, not touching any toys because I thought that everybody's looking at me, not sharing a single conversation with anyone. I was always a loner kid.

But, it's okay. I like being a loner. I'm not complaining. At least not anymore.

I forced myself to step inside the classroom and after avoiding all the eye contacts, I succumbed on the last bench. Ducking my head low, I shoved earphones and played the random song from my playlist. I rested my head on the table and looked out of the window. Chirping birds, football ground, blue sky. I smiled a little. This is the best thing about school. The last bench. Nobody pays any attention here and I can peacefully look out of the window.

After awhile, I turned the pages of my notebook and started doodling a black heart. It wasn't intentional though.

"Try filling it with purple colour." I heard a familiar voice.

"Just because you like purple that doesn't mean everything will look good in it." I said being obvious that it was Taehyung.

I sensed him grabbing a seat next to me. I opened my mouth to say something but before that my brain told me to look around. Quickly I removed my earphones and raised my head to see if all the pair of eyes were on me or not. To my surprise, everyone was busy on their own. Exhaling a relived breath, I turned my attention to him. I realized that he wore a black face mask and cap on his head.

Maybe that's why nobody recognised him. Otherwise till now I've became the center of attention.

"But my hair looks y in purple." He ran fingers through his hair.

I've to agree on that. I told myself.

Coloured hair is not everyone's cup of tea. Besides not everyone looks good in it. And bold colours like purple, well it suits on him. Before him, I've not seen anyone dyeing their hair purple.

Seriously, Elina? Now you're obsessing over his hair?

"And I heard that you skip classes?" I asked in a slight whisper.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I do."

"Then why are you here?"

"So many questions, Elina." He let out a chuckle.

I shoved the earphones back to ignore him. Or to ignore the fact that how smoothly his tongue rolled out your name?

I snickered at my thought and looked out of the window.

I feel little embarrassed after what happened yesterday's night. I don't like getting vulnerable infront of anyone. Although he comforted me after I had nightmare still I can't get over the fact that he's an .

He pulled out the earphone jack from my phone making me snap my eyes in his direction. "What do you want?"

He leaned into his chair and whistled. "Why did you cancel my follow request on Instagram?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "It's not like we're friends or something. Why would I accept the follow request of a stranger?"

He slided his face mask down reveling an annoying smirk. "But I was practically at your bedroom last night. Am I still stranger to you?"

My face heated up in embarrassment. Off course, he will bring that up.

"Leave me alone." I hissed in a low whisper.

He grabbed my cellphone and tapped my shoulder. "Password."

I looked at him in disbelief. "Do you really think that I'll tell you that?"

He his lips while raising an eyebrow at me. "Now do you want me to tell everyone that I spent a night at your house?"

I greeted my teeth in frustration. "Go ahead, it ain't like anything happened between us."

Wrong choice of words, Elina.

"Are you disappointed that nothing happened?" He smirked.

I sighed. "The password is Elina."

And that made him burst out laughing. He clenched his stomach and whispered few curses in-between. I gave him a flat look to which he laughed more. "Even NIA won't be able to crack your password."

After a minute, he calmed down and unlocked my phone. "Now we're following each other on instagram." He tossed my phone back at me.

I scoffed and mentally noted down that I need to change my password.

I took out sanitizer from my bag and rubbed it on my palms. He touched my phone, I don't know how many germs must've transferred to me.

"You're weird." He said.

I scurried my eyebrows and was about to say something in defence but before that could happen, I realize that there's no point of explaining myself. I mean what the hell am I supposed to say? It ain't like he'll understand. Besides I don't even want him to understand my situation.

Mental illness isn't a joke and most probably a boy like him won't ever be able to take it seriously.