The one without the interview

Don't Waste Your Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungyoon woke up as he felt two pairs of eyes on him. He slowly opened his eyes, still a bit dizzy from all the drinking from the night before, and saw Thor and Haute looking at him with a quizzical look on their face. He was sleeping on the couch all night, all the things that happened the night before were blurry. He only remembered that he met Mino at the club, he told Mino about breaking up with Bohyun, and then everything after that was vague. He massaged his temple as he slowly sat up. Thor jumped onto the couch and sat next to him, while Haute ran towards the kitchen where Seunghoon was making breakfast.

 

“Oh, you’re awake.” Seunghoon said as he walked from the kitchen, carrying two soup bowls and serving them on the table. “I made soybean sprout soup, best for a hangover.”

 

“Uh, thanks, hyung.” Seungyoon replied, still trying to process his body to get up from the couch, gently Thor’s hair as he leaned down on his lap, watching Seunghoon preparing their breakfast. A few days without Seunghoon at the apartment made him realize how much he missed his friend’s presence, especially in the morning.

 

“I’m also making an omelette.” Seunghoon said again, now carrying a plate with a perfectly round omelette on it. He put it on the table and poured some orange juice into a glass before drinking it. “Coffee is also ready.” He said pointing at their mini coffee machine in the kitchen.

 

“Hyung.” Seungyoon murmured.

 

Seunghoon hummed as a reply, pulled a chair and sat down.

 

“Can I just marry you?” Seungyoon asked jokingly as he finally could get up and made himself a cup of coffee.

 

Seunghoon snorted. “You wish.” he said, followed by a laugh.

 

Seungyoon laughed and joined Seunghoon at the table. “How do you know I had a hangover?”

 

“I met Mino this morning. He said you were drunk.” Seunghoon answered before he took a spoonful of rice with the soup.

 

Seungyoon narrowed his eyes. “You met Mino this morning?”

 

Seunghoon replied with a nod.

 

“What time, exactly?” Seungyoon asked.

 

“I think it was five in the morning. I woke up early to go for a morning run and I saw him just about to leave. Then, I realized that you were sleeping on the couch. I asked him why, and he told me that you were drunk. He left after that.” Seunghoon explained.

 

“Oh.. wow.” Seungyoon was stunned. Did he stay here all night then?

 

“I guessed he stayed here all night.” Seunghoon stated.

 

Seungyoon was startled and looked at Seunghoon. I swear Seunghoon can read minds. “But… why?” He mumbled as he tilted his head. He turned to look at the bowl of soup in front of him and began eating.

 

“What?” Seunghoon asked with a mouthful of rice.

 

Seungyoon shook his head. “This is good, hyung. Thanks for this.” He said, referring to the soup, trying to change the subject.

 

“No problem.” Seunghoon replied, followed by a concerned smile. “You okay?”

 

“Uh, yeah, why?”

 

“I don’t know, you tell me. When people drink too much alcohol, that can mean something.” Seunghoon shrugged and continued eating.

 

“I broke up with Bohyun.” Seungyoon said.

 

Seunghoon choked on the omelette he was chewing and looked at Seungyoon with a ‘wtf-happened-tell-me-everything’ look on his face.

 

“It’s a long story.” Seungyoon sighed. “I’ll tell you later when I’m fully recovered from this hangover.” He said as he stood up to go get more water in the fridge, unaware that his foot was too close to the table’s leg. When he was about to take a step, he stumbled against it and fell on the floor, with one forearm under his stomach. He screeched.

 

Seunghoon gasped and immediately helped Seungyoon to get up. “Stop being so clumsy, will you?” Seunghoon said. He gently held Seungyoon’s arms as a support for Seungyoon to stand up.

 

As Seunghoon helped him, Seungyoon felt pain in the right side of his abdomen that was pressing down against his forearm when he fell. He grimaced.

 

“Uh-oh, are you okay?” Seunghoon asked.

 

Seungyoon tried to ignore the pain. He nodded. “Yeah, I’m okay.”

 

“Are you sure?” Seunghoon asked again as he slowly let go of his hands from Seungyoon’s arm to see if Seungyoon could stand without support.

 

“Yeah, don’t worry.” Seungyoon said. He could stand and walk but the pain in his abdomen was certainly still there, although it wasn’t as painful as a few seconds ago.

 

“Do you have any appointments today?” Seunghoon asked.

 

“Nope.”

 

“You should see a doctor.” Seunghoon suggested.

 

“Nah, I’m fine. It’s not that bad, it will get better soon.”

 

***

 

It was almost lunchtime when Mino woke up. He didn’t sleep the night before. He could, but he preferred to stay awake, just in case Seungyoon would wake up before dawn and needed his help to walk him to bed. More likely because it was the first time he saw Seungyoon sleeping. 

 

He smiled as he remembered how he studied Seungyoon’s face last night. The more he looked at his face, the more he felt butterflies dancing inside his heart, especially when his eyes landed on Seungyoon’s lips. He tried his best to keep himself from wanting to kiss those lips. All night. He thought he deserved an award for that.

 

He reached his phone on the bedside table and saw two new messages from Jihoon.

 

Today, 08:14 am

Don’t forget your interview today. 3 pm.

Today, 09:47 am

You should be here at least by 2 pm.

 

Oh, yes. The interview. He looked at the time on his phone. It was 11.40 am. I still have plenty of time to prepare. He replied ‘okay, thanks’ to the messages and got up from bed. Then, he went to the kitchen where he met Jinwoo who was unpacking a package.

 

“Hey.” Jinwoo said. “Did you just wake up?”

 

“Yeah.” Mino replied. “What’s that?” He asked as he opened a bottle of water.

 

“Food supplies. From my parents.” Jinwoo laughed. “I told them a lot of times that we have plenty of food, but parents will always be parents.” He said as he unsealed the box and opened it. There were various kinds of ingredients, mostly frozen foods, and instant seasonings.

 

Mino laughed. “Wow, that’s probably enough to keep us alive for half a year.” He said when he took a look inside the box.

 

“We could survive a zombie apocalypse staying at home with these,” Jinwoo added nonchalantly.

 

Mino frowned. “What was the last movie you watched for your review?”

 

Jinwoo grinned. “Alive.”

 

Mino sighed. “I knew it.”

 

“By the way, where were you last night?” Jinwoo asked.

 

It was Mino who grinned ear to ear now. “I stayed at Seungyoon’s.”

 

Jinwoo raised his eyebrows. “How come? Did you sleep with him? Oh my God!”

 

Mino rolled his eyes. “No, hyung, it wasn’t like that. Nothing happened. Let me tell you.” Mino said before he told Jinwoo how he met Seungyoon at the club, the news about Seungyoon and Bohyun breaking up, and how drunk Seungyoon was last night so he needed to help him get home safely.

 

“And? If he fell asleep right after he reached the couch, why did you stay there then?” Jinwoo asked, narrowing his eyes as he was curious.

 

“I… I also fell asleep. On the rug. Next to the couch. I was tired too, you know.” Mino grinned. “Anyway, I met Seunghoon-hyung when I was about to leave in the morning, he knows that I slept there too.”

 

“Okay.” Jinwoo shrugged as he continued organizing the food supplies into the kitchen cabinets.

 

Mino was relieved Jinwoo didn’t ask any more questions about it. He didn’t want to tell Jinwoo that he didn’t sleep. He hoped Seunghoon only saw him the moment he was about to leave. He didn’t want anyone to know that he was watching Seungyoon sleeping, admiring the look on Seungyoon's face.

 

Mino drank all the remaining water from the bottle in his hand and heard the sound of message notifications from his phone. It was Jihoon again, replying to his latest reply.

 

Now

No problem. Don’t be late!

 

“Anyway, hyung.” Mino said, to which Jinwoo replied with a hum. “I need that blazer jacket you borrowed from me.”

 

Jinwoo tilted his head. “Which one?”

 

“The beige one.” Mino said. “The one you borrowed last month for Seunghoon’s sister's wedding.”

 

“Oh, that one.” Jinwoo nodded as he remembered. “I forgot to tell you that I left it with Seunghoon for laundry, along with his suit. It’s probably in his apartment.” He cringed.

 

“Ah, okay. I’ll call him.”

 

“What do you need it for?” Jinwoo asked. He had finished organizing the food supplies and now started preparing lunch.

 

“I have an interview with an art magazine this evening at the gallery. I want to wear that blazer.” Mino answered before pressing the call button on his phone to call Seunghoon.

 

“Wow, that’s awesome!” Jinwoo said.

 

“What’s up?” Seunghoon's voice was heard from the other line of the phone.

 

“Hyung, do you have that blazer Jinwoo-hyung left for you for laundry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter