The one after the wedding

Don't Waste Your Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kill me, kill me now.” Mino said desperately when he joined Seunghoon and Jinwoo at their favorite spot in the coffee shop.

 

“No.” Seunghoon said as he put his coffee on the table. “I don’t want to end up in jail, I have a cafe to take care of.”

 

Jinwoo laughed at Seunghoon’s rejection, he turned to Mino and asked, “What happened?”

 

“I just saw Seungyoon and Bohyun-hyung again in the hallway.” Mino answered, rubbing his face in frustration.

 

Seunghoon and Jinwoo frowned.

 

“I’m sorry you have to be in this situation, Mino.” Jinwoo said.

 

Mino threw himself on the sofa. He sighed. “It’s the second time I saw them together since the party.”

 

Seunghoon cringed, “But, actually, he just came twice though. It’s just a coincidence that you always saw him when he was there.”

 

Mino groaned and buried his face with his hands.

 

“Look, I wanted you to date Seungyoon as much as you did, but he has a boyfriend now, you’re going to have to get over it.” Jinwoo said, followed by an ‘ouch’ because Seunghoon lightly nudged his arm.

 

Mino lifted up his head and looked at Jinwoo. “Oooh, I’m going to have to get over it. I didn’t know that’s what I had to do.” He said in a sarcastic tone.

 

At that moment, Seungyoon entered the cafe, with a wide smile on his face. “Bohyun just left. He said thank you for the breakfast, hyung.” He said to Seunghoon as he sat down beside Mino on the sofa.

 

Seunghoon scrunched his nose and replied, “No problem.” He sighed and stood up, “Well, as much as I like wasting my time talking with you guys, I have to go. I’ve promised to accompany my sister to a meeting with this catering vendor for her wedding.”

 

“What happened to the previous catering vendor?” Jinwoo asked.

 

“Uh..? Nothing? It’s the same vendor, hyung.” Seunghoon sighed, “It’s just that all of the sudden my sister had to add vegan options because apparently, some of our relatives just started a vegan lifestyle.”

 

“Oh, I didn’t know that your sister is getting married.” Seungyoon said.

 

“In three weeks, yeah, I haven’t told you yet.” Seunghoon explained. “But you guys are on the guest list, so you better mark your calendar.”

 

“Even Seungyoon?” Mino asked with a slight of excitement (although he was trying to hold back).

 

Seungyoon grinned. “Yeah? I mean, I haven’t even met your sister yet…”

 

“Uh, it’s actually Jaehyung’s spot but he told me he can’t make it.” Seunghoon laughed. “It’s okay, my sister will understand. Just come.”

 

Seungyoon chuckled. “Thanks, I’m happy to.”

 

“But, I guess we can’t bring ‘plus one’, right, Seunghoon?” Jinwoo asked, more like because Mino forced him to by quietly glaring at him.

 

Seunghoon was confused at first but he caught Mino who was also eye-ing on him. “Oh! Yeah… uh,” He sounded guilty, “Since you guys are invited as my friends, you can’t bring plus ones or dates. Is it okay if you come alone, I mean, with them, Seungyoon?”

 

“Oh, yeah, I guess so? Bohyun will understand, or probably be busy. He’s got busier even on weekends.” Seungyoon said calmly, but there was a slight disappointment in his tone (more because of the thought that Bohyun would be busy rather than the plus one thing).

 

“Okay, I really have to go. Bye, fellas.” And Seunghoon left.

 

“Ah, actually, me too, I have two videos to edit today.” Jinwoo said a few minutes later, and he went to go back to the apartment, leaving Mino and Seungyoon alone.

 

There was silence for a moment after Jinwoo left. Both of them were busy on their phones, until Seungyoon said, “I talked to him about it.” He put his phone back in his pocket and drank his remaining latte.

 

Mino knew what it was about, but he pretended not to know. He didn’t want to seem to think about it all the time. “About what?” He replied, drinking his americano, mirroring Seungyoon.

 

“About making and spending time with each other more.” Seungyoon continued, and didn't seem to notice that Mino was pretending. “There was a… fight. Definitely. It was awful. But in the end, he was sorry, I was sorry, so we made up.”

 

Seungyoon smiled, and Mino forced himself to smile too.

 

“We will try to work it out.” Seungyoon added.

 

“Uh, that’s… that’s great, yeah.” Mino said at last. If it was someone else, he would genuinely add that he also hoped for the best for them, but now, he couldn’t. He just stared at his americano and didn't dare to look at Seungyoon’s eyes.

 

“Thanks, Mino. Didn’t know I’d be more comfortable talking about this with you more than with Seunghoon or Jinwoo, considering I knew them first before I knew you.” Seungyoon laughed playfully. “You’re so great.”

 

No, I’m so pathetic. Mino thought.

 

***

 

Mino was really good in terms of distracting himself, so for the next few days later, almost for two weeks, he busied himself by working on more paintings, projects, and he also had a collaborative exhibition where the paintings he brought with Seungyoon the other day would be launched.

 

It has been three days since the exhibition began. Mino was finished having a conversation with one of the visitors, explaining his work and talking about the technique he used for his newest paintings. When he turned around, he spotted Seungyoon who was standing in front of a painting from other artists, and seemed to try to understand the artwork.

 

Seungyoon turned and saw Mino too, he smiled as he waved and walked to approach Mino.

 

Mino smiled at the sight of Seungyoon waving at him. He just stayed still watching Seungyoon walking towards him. “You came.” He said when Seungyoon was close enough to him.

 

“Of course. I’m a man who keeps his promises, you know.” Seungyoon said proudly, followed with a soft laugh.

 

“Thanks, I appreciate it.” Mino chuckled. “Would you like to take a tour?” He gestured to continue looking around.

 

“Only if you’re the tour guide.” Seungyoon replied in a playful tone.

 

Mino laughed. Is he flirting? “Okay, let’s start with my paintings first.” Mino continued, and led Seungyoon to his paintings’ section.

 

Mino excitedly explained the meaning behind his paintings one by one, and now they moved to the last one. The one Mino hadn’t thought that he would explain it himself to Seungyoon.

 

“The last one, it’s about… Uh, someone, who was patiently waiting for the right time to tell somebody that they were attracted to them.” Mino cleared his throat. “He waited patiently, but ended up couldn’t tell the person how he felt about them.”

 

Seungyoon looked astonished. He stared at the painting longer than he stared at the previous ones (Mino was hella nervous because he didn’t want Seungyoon to find out the deeper meaning of this painting). “I think,” Seungyoon broke the silence, “I love this one a little bit more than the others.” He said.

 

“Oh, really?” Mino was surprised, “Why?”

 

Seungyoon took a deep breath and continued, “I don’t really know, though. I’m not a very artsy person, but I can feel something behind this one, especially after you told me the meaning of it.” He said as he smiled. “I hope... you, or anyone you’ve got inspiration for this one, soon can tell the person about the feeling.”

 

Mino was flustered, but he quickly covered it with a soft laugh. “Yeah, I really hope so too.” He looked at his painting once again and loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter