The one with the welcoming party

Don't Waste Your Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino opened his front door and stopped as he caught Seungyoon kissing someone in the hallway. He froze. His heart was beating so fast it almost felt like it was going to burst. He could feel his blood rushing up to his head.

 

Mino tried to escape as soon as possible by turning back his body quickly, but Miss Fortune wasn’t with him at that moment so he accidentally bumped his body to the door, causing a big thump, and breaking up the two people kissing.

 

Realizing he could no longer escape the situation, he turned around again, put one of his hands in his pocket and the other hand was rubbing his eyebrows. “Hi,” He said nervously. “Sorry, I- I didn’t mean to interrupt.” followed with an overly awkward laugh.

 

Seungyoon and the other guy looked at each other, and then to Mino, and at each other again. They seemed to have not fully catched their breath after the kiss (that was being stopped so suddenly), looking flustered.

 

“Hi, Mino.” Seungyoon grinned.

 

“I was… I was about to invite you to hang out with us, I mean, uh, Seunghoon is here.” Mino explained, trying so hard to sound cool. “But, hey, hello, you’ve got company.”

 

“Mino, this is Bohyun, he’s my boyfriend.” Seungyoon finally introduced the guy who was now smiling at Mino.

 

“Hi, nice to meet you.” Bohyun said as he bowed his head a little.

 

Mino couldn’t just stay still so he bowed back. “Hi, I’m Mino, Seungyoon’s-” He paused for a second and continue, “neighbor.”

 

“Mino helped me earlier today and we had lunch together.” Seungyoon explained to Bohyun.

 

“Oh,” Bohyun nodded. “Thanks, Mino, for helping and accompanying Seungyoon today. I was worried because he doesn’t have many friends here yet, but I'm so glad now that he made friends with you. That means a lot.” He smiled again at Mino, and back at Seungyoon as he slipped his hand behind Seungyoon’s back and rested it around the younger’s waist.

 

Mino was about to cry inside but he was a professional when it comes to hiding feelings.

 

“I’m not a kid, you don’t have to be worried.” Seungyoon sighed.

 

“Yes, you’re not a kid, but a baby.” Bohyun , which Seungyoon responded with a soft nudge against Bohyun’s stomach.

 

Mino bit his tongue, clenching his hand inside his pocket, preventing himself from cursing.

 

“So, uh, Seunghoon-hyung is there?” Seungyoon tried to drop the awkwardness, even though that didn't help Mino.

 

“Yeah, you can come in if you want to see him.” Mino said in a plain tone and gestured to the couple to come inside his apartment.

 

The moment after Seungyoon introduced Bohyun to them, Jinwoo and Seunghoon couldn’t hide their surprised faces, but they quickly changed it with a friendly smile.

 

“Oh, hi- It’s really good that one of us is actually in a relationship.” Seunghoon said, slightly glancing at Mino.

 

“Yeah, come here, make yourself feel like home.” Jinwoo added, he was too glancing at Mino to check his reaction.

 

“We’d love to!” Seungyoon cheered. “But, we had plans tonight, so we have to take a rain check for tonight.” He grinned. “I’m sorry, guys.”

 

“Oh yeah, sure, you have plans, it’s Friday. Ha ha ha.” Mino said, almost like shouting. “Sure, it’s okay, Seungyoon. Right, hyung-nims?” He turned his face to Seunghoon and Jinwoo who were now looking at him with a confused look.

 

“We’ve got to go now.” Bohyun noted. “Thank you so much for welcoming Seungyoon and I here.”

 

Both Jinwoo and Seunghoon smiled and replied. “Of course, no problem. Have fun tonight!”

 

“Yes, have fun.” Mino forced himself to smile.

 

The three of them went silent when Seungyoon and Bohyun left the room.

 

When they heard the sound of the door locked, Mino turned around to Seunghoon. “Why did you not tell me that he has a boyfriend?” He yelled.

 

“Because I didn’t know! It's news to me too!” Seunghoon yelled back at him.

 

“But you’re his roommate! Didn’t you interview him before he moved in?”

 

“Yes! He did ask me if I was okay for him being gay, but he didn’t tell me that he had a boyfriend at the moment, and I didn’t ask!” Seunghoon frowned and answered, still yelling. Then, he tilted his head and continued with his normal tone. “Why didn’t I ask…?” He questioned himself.

 

Mino sighed.

 

“Why didn’t you ask? You were the one who spent a whole day with him.” Seunghoon asked Mino back.

 

“I don’t know. We didn’t talk about relationships earlier.”

 

“Huh, I was right. You’re sooo crushing on him!” Jinwoo added, pointing his finger to Mino.

 

“No, I’m just surprised.” Mino denied, now sounded calmer.

 

“Come on, Mino. You can hide your feelings from other people but not from us.” Jinwoo said, followed by an aggressive nod from Seunghoon.

 

Mino frowned. “I don’t know. It was nice spending time with him today. I’m not sure, so I didn’t want to talk about it to you guys yet.”

 

“Listen, you just met him. So you chatted with him for like, what, five, or six hours. It was too early to jump to any conclusion.” Seunghoon comforted Mino. “I say, you don’t have to think too much about it, just be your usual self, and go with the flow. We’ll see later.”

 

“Yeah.” Mino responded with a gloomy sigh. “Anyway, I have work to do. I’ll sign out now, see ya later or tomorrow, guys.” He left Seunghoon and Jinwoo.

 

Mino sat down facing the blank canvas he left earlier, staring blankly at it. He stayed like that for a few minutes, then he took a deep breath, grabbed one of his brushes, and started painting.

 

Might as well just put this damn strange emotion onto the canvas. Said the sound inside his mind.

 

***

 

“Party at my place. Next weekend. Bring your friends over. It’s a welcoming party for Seungyoon as my new roommate. He needs to know more people in this town, and a party will surely help him.” Seunghoon announced as soon as he got into Mino and Jinwoo’s apartment a few days later after that “boyfriend” incident.

 

Jinwoo clapped his hands one time and pointed his finger at Seunghoon. “Good idea.”

 

Mino shook his head. “Yeah, yeah, whatever, I’ll not come to the party.” He said nonchalantly.

 

Seunghoon frowned. “You can’t just ‘I’ll not come to the party’.” He mimicked Mino. “You’re our friend! And you live across the hall!”

 

“Yes, Seunghoon is right! What's with that attitude?” Jinwoo pouted.

 

Mino rolled his eyes. “No. I just- Bohyun is definitely gonna be there, too, and I don’t think I wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter