The Haunted Closet

Best Buddies

 

"Jacob, Jacob, wake up." Jacob hears someone calling. 

It is the middle of the night and someone is calling out to Jacob, the maknae must have had a bad dream again. 

"Eric, did you have a nightmare again?" Jacob responds. 

Jacob turns around to see Kevin is the one in his room. 

"Kevin? What are you doing in here?"

"Can I sleep in your room?"

"Why?" Jacob questions. 

"Is the reason really that important?"

"Come on, Kevin. You can tell me. Sangyeon is still asleep so your secret is safe with me." 

"Fine. I heard a scary noise coming from my closet and now I don't want to sleep in my room. So will you please let me sleep in your room?" Kevin explains. 

"Alright." 

"Thanks man." Kevin says, before lying down on the floor. 

The next night, Kevin is laying in his bed when he hears the same slurping sound again. This time, he decides to go check it out and face his fear.

"I can do this. I will not go panicking to Jacob tonight." Kevin says to himself, as he walks to the closet. 

As he is about to open the closet door, he hears a growl that scares him, so he runs to Jacob's room. He does not care who knows about this or about facing his fears at this point, he would rather not die tonight. 

"Jacob, wake up."

Jacob turns around and opens his eyes to see Kevin, once again. 

"Kevin, what is it this time?"

"The monster in my closet came back. It's making those slurping sounds, it's eating internal organ in there and I don't want to be next."

"Fine, you can stay."

"Thanks."

Jacob has such a hard time saying no to the members, so Kevin sleeps in his room for the rest of the week.

That is until, Sangyeon decides to do something about it. Sangyeon loves having alone time with Jacob, and the only place where they can consistently have that is in their room, but Kevin being there every night is getting in the way of that. 

They have a few minutes before practice starts, so Sangyeon decides to bring the issue up to Jacob during this time. 

"Jacob, can we talk about something?"

"Yeah, what is it sweetheart?"

"Well.... Kevin has been in our room at night a lot recently." Sangyeon begins. 

"I know." Jacob nods.

"And ever since he has been staying with us, we haven't had any alone time. You know just you and me in our room." 

"Because, Kevin is so scared of sleeping in his room. I just can't tell him no."

"But don't you miss it, Jakey? How I would hold you close at night and whisper to you about how cute you are and how much I love you? Then sometimes I would tickle you." Sangyeon says, before tickling Jacob. 

"Yeonie, stop." Jacob giggles. 

"Alright. Do you promise you'll talk to Kevin?" Sangyeon responds. 

"I promise. I'll go talk to him right now since we still have a little time left."

Jacob gives Sangyeon a kiss before going to find Kevin. As he is walking down the hallway, he runs into Jaehyun, who seems to be looking for something. 

"Jaehyun, what are you up to? Did you lose something?"

"Yes. I can't find those expensive spicy noodles that I ordered on the internet last week. They just disappeared."

"Are you sure Haknyeon didn't take them again?" Jacob suggests. 

"I don't think so, I haven't seen him with them. I guess I will keep looking." 

Jacob tells Jaehyun that he hopes he finds it, before he goes back to looking for Kevin. 

"This shouldn't be too big of a deal. Kevin needs to learn to face his fear rather than avoiding it. I'm sure he will understand." Jacob tells himself.

Thankfully, Kevin is in his room, so Jacob does not have to spend forever looking for him. 

"Hey, Kevin, can I talk to you about something?" 

"Sure, have a seat."

"So, what's going on?" Kevin says, after Jacob sits down. 

"Umm.... you have been spending a lot of time in my room at night recently." 

"I know, it's because of the monster in my closet."

"I know, but wouldn't you rather sleep in your own room?" Jacob says. 

"No, it's way safer in your room." Kevin smiles. 

"But, Kevin. You see, the thing is.... Sangyeon and I have not been alone in our room since you started staying with us. Besides, it's better for you to face your fears anyway." Jacob replies. 

"Oh. I see what's going on here. You're kicking me out and abandoning me so you can have kissy kissy time with Sangyeon. After all I've done for you. I thought we were friends."

"Kevin, it's not like that-"

"Yes it is. I helped you get better when you were sick, I never borrow your clothes without asking, and I helped with your wedding. And this is the thanks I get in return?" Kevin interrupts. 

"Well, I was going to help you get rid of the monster in your closet, but if you are going to throw a tantrum-"

"Wait, you'll really help me get rid of the monster? No matter how dangerous it is?" Kevin questions. 

"Of course I would." Jacob smiles. 

"Okay. Let's get rid of it tonight then. We can hang out in my room all night until we hear it." Kevin responds. 

That night, Kevin and Jacob sit in Kevin's room, armed with hockey sticks in case this monster actually exists and is dangerous. 

"Are you guys sure you don't want my baseball bat?" Eric asks. 

"We're sure squishy, thanks for the offer though." Jacob replies. 

"Yeah, we're better at using hockey sticks anyway." Kevin adds. 

"How Canadian of you. Good night, hyungs." Eric states, before walking away. 

The two of them tell the maknae good night as he leaves. 

"When does the monster usually show up?" Jacob questions. 

"Usually right when I go to bed, so we should be hearing it any minute now."

Kevin and Jacob sit next to each other in the dark for about ten minutes until they start to hear something. It sounds like a low growling sound. 

"It's in there." Kevin states, scared. 

"Everything is fine, Kevin. Follow me, let's go investigate."

Kevin and Jacob slowly walk up to the closet before opening it. Once it is completely opened, a figure stands up and makes another growling sound. 

"It's a ghost!" Kevin screams, before running away. 

"Kevin, come back!" Jacob screams, chasing after him. 

He ends up catching Kevin in the kitchen. 

"That ghost almost got us." Kevin says, holding onto Jacob. 

Just then, someone taps on Kevin's shoulder, causing him to scream. 

"Kevin, you're screaming in my ear." Jacob says, as Juyeon turns on the light. 

"What is going on in here?" Jaehyun asks, who is also in the kitchen. 

"The monster in my closet came out and he is going to eat us!" Kevin answers. 

"Kevin, what crazy story are you talking about now?" 

"We're serious, something actually came out of the closet." Jacob adds. 

Just then, Haknyeon walks into the kitchen with the same sheet over him that Kevin and Jacob saw on the monster in the closet. 

"Hyungs, why did you scream at me and run away?"

"What?! You're the monster in my closet that has been scaring me all this time?"

"Hey, you're the one who stole my noodles!" Jaehyun interrupts, pointing at the bowl in Haknyeon's hands. 

"Okay, it was me. I was hiding in Kevin hyung's closet so that you wouldn't know that I took your noodles."

"You scared me to death just for some noodles?!" Kevin says. 

Haknyeon just chuckles in response. 

"Well, I guess that means you can go back to your room now, Kevin. As for you, Haknyeon, you own Jaehyun some new noodles." Jacob states. 

"Since all of that is settled, let's all go to bed." Jaehyun agrees. 

"Come on, Kevin. I'll walk you back to your room in case anything pops up." Jacob jokes. 

"If you were me, you wouldn't be laughing. I really thought something was in my closet." 

"I know. I'm just kidding with you." 

"Thanks for being supportive about this though, instead of refusing to believe me." Kevin says, as they reach his bedroom door. 

"What are friends for? Good night, Kevin."

"Good night." Kevin replies, walking into his room to finally sleep peacefully again.