Friends Forever?

Best Buddies

 

It is Friday night and Kevin and Jacob have planned to go to the movie theater together. Jacob planned to meet Kevin there because he has to go to an interview, so Kevin is waiting for him at the theater. 

However, there is currently an issue. After Jacob came home and was about to get ready to go meet Kevin, he got distracted by a package that came for him. 

"What's this? I wasn't expecting anything." Jacob says to himself before opening the box.

He opens the box to see that the latest book in his favorite series has arrived. 

"Oh my gosh, I wasn't expecting this for another week! I have to read it right now!" Jacob says, walking to his room to start reading. 

Well, it looks like Kevin and the movie have been completely forgotten about.

At the theater, the movie is about to start and Kevin is wondering where Jacob is. So he calls him, but gets no response. Then he texts him and still gets nothing. After two more texts and calls with no response, Kevin decides to just go see the movie himself. 

"I can't believe that he flaked on me." Kevin angrily says to himself, as he enters the theater. 

At home, Jacob is still enjoying his book, completely unaware of all the missed calls and texts from his best friend. 

When the movie is over, Kevin storms home, still mad at Jacob. 

"Jacob, you better not be here!" Kevin exclaims, when he stomps into the dorm.

"Kevin, what's wrong?" Jacob asks. 

"What's wrong? What's wrong?! Let me tell you what is wrong. I was supposed to see a movie with a certain best friend of mine, but he never showed up. Does that ring any bells?"

"Oh my gosh. Kevin, I forgot we had plans today. I was reading a book and lost track of time, it was an honest mistake."

"That's it? We had this planned for weeks and then you flake on me and now all you have to say is it was a mistake?"

"What else do you want me to do?"

"Gez, you are so dramatic sometimes." Jacob scoffs. 

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you are taking this situation too seriously. It's not like I intentionally missed the movie with you."

"Or maybe you did."

"You know what, I'm done with this conversation." Jacob says, walking away. 

"Don't you walk away from me. You didn't even say sorry."

Jacob turns back around to face Kevin. 

"I was going to say sorry, but now that I think about it why should I say sorry to a drama queen like you."

"You're a crappy friend." Kevin tells him. 

"You're one to talk. You know, I don't even want to be your friend. Here, take your friendship ring back!" Jacob replies, throwing the ring in Kevin's direction. 

"Well, you take your ring back too!" Kevin replies, throwing his as well. 

The two of them then stomp off to their rooms and slam the door. 

It does not take long for the other members to learn about Kevin and Jacob's fight. The members are having a meeting the next day when they notice the two of them glaring at each other. 

"Umm, Kevin and Jacob, is something going on between you too?" Juyeon questions. 

"Oh, you wanna know what happened yesterday? Well, I will tell you. I was ready to go see a movie with my ex-best friend and he stood me up! What a jerk!" Kevin explains. 

"I'm the jerk? You're the one who came back all mad at me instead of having a mature conversation instead. You big baby!"

Since all of this is happening in English, the only member that understands what is happening is Eric. That is until Jacob threatens to punch Kevin, everyone understands that gesture.

"Calm down, Jakey." Sangyeon says, holding onto Jacob. 

"Guys, we have a lot to do today. How about you two make up so we can move on?"

"I'm not making up with him. I'll calm down, but that's it." Jacob states. 

"I don't want to make up with you either." Kevin responds, sticking his tongue out. 

"Fine, just try not to beat each other up."

For the next couple of days, Kevin and Jacob do not say anything to each other, unless it is an insult. The members cannot believe that in an instant, the two closest best friends in the world have gone to being enemies. They decided to talk to them separately, to see if that will do any good. 

"Jacob, can we talk about something?" Sangyeon asks, breaking the silence as he and Jacob lay in bed one night. 

"Sure, what is it honey?"

"I'm just gonna come out and say it. Why don't you make up with Kevin?" Sangyeon blurts out. 

"Yeah right. I will not make up with him, he is being so unreasonable. I don't know why I was friends with such a wacko in the first place."

"Jacob-"

"I said no, Sangyeon. I love you, but you just don't understand."

"Sweetheart, don't you remember our wedding day?" Sangyeon begins. 

"Of course I do. That was the most important day ever." Jacob smiles. 

"Well, don't you remember that Kevin was your groom's maid? That means you guys have an inseparable bond that cannot be broken."

"Looks like it can be broken. Kevin just broke it. Good night."

Sangyeon sighs before kissing the top of Jacob's head and telling him good night. 

The next morning, Younghoon talks to Kevin about apologizing to Jacob. 

"Come on Kevin, why don't you just forget about the whole movie thing already?"

"Forget about it like how Jacob forgot about me at the movies? No! What kind of friend makes plans with you and then just leaves you out in the cold like that?" Kevin responds, crossing his arms. 

"People make mistakes."

"Oh blah, blah, blah. Mistakes my . I'm gonna make some pancakes." Kevin replies, getting up from the table. 

Well, both Sangyeon and Younghoon have gotten nowhere. 

Later that same day, Kevin and Jacob are yelling at each in the living room about something the members have no understanding of. This whole thing seems to have escalated so fast and nobody wants to know how much worse it can get, so they boys have an idea. Since Kevin got so upset over a movie, the two of them should just go and see the movie so Kevin will get over it already. 

"No. Jacob had his chance to go to the movies with me." Kevin whines. 

"Oh cry, cry, cry. I don't want to go anyway." Jacob replies. 

"Yes, you two have to go. We bought these tickets, and you are leaving right now so you'll be on time for your movie." Sangyeon says, handing them the tickets. 

"Otherwise, we get to smash Kevin hyung's keyboard and Jacob hyung's guitar." Sunwoo smiles, with the other maknaes. 

"Noo! You wouldn't!" Kevin shierks. 

"Sangyeon, I thought you loved me." 

"I do, Jakey. That's why I want you to solve things with your best friend." Sangyeon responds. 

Jacob looks at him for a moment before giving in. 

"Fine. I will go to save my guitar. Let's go, Kevin."

"You maknaes better not lay a single finger on my keyboard." Kevin says, as he and Jacob leave the room. 

"That's more up to you hyungie." Eric replies. 

As Kevin and Jacob are walking down the street, they are thankfully not arguing with each other. They are just walking in silence until Kevin decides to break it.

"You know, I'm only going with you to save my piano." Kevin states. 

"At least we are on the same page about something. I bet the maknaes really would destroy our stuff, they can be very destructive."

"Yeah."

The two of them keep walking for a while until they reach a crosswalk.

"It looks like the signal is broken." Jacob points out, as they reach the edge of the sidewalk.

"Eh, let's just cross. This street is never that busy anyway." Kevin says, crossing the street.

"Kevin, we should look both ways first." Jacob advises, still on the sidewalk.

Before Kevin can even respond, a car turns the corner and comes racing down the street. Jacob knows that he must act fast in order to save his best friend. 

"Kevin look out!" Jacob yells, before pushing Kevin out of the way. 

Thankfully, they both end up on the sidewalk and avoid being hit by the car. 

"Kevin, are you okay?"

"Yeah, are you okay?"

Jacob nods. 

"You saved my life. Even though you were upset with me, you still saved me." Kevin says. 

"Of course I would, you're my best friend."

"You're my best friend too. I'm sorry I overreacted about you missing the movie." 

"That's okay, I should have texted you in the first place. Let's never fight like this again, okay?"

"Deal." Kevin replies. 

"Wait, what about our friendship rings? We threw them away, now they are lost forever." Kevin blurts out. 

"Not exactly, I picked them up after you left and put them in my jewelry box. I was hoping we would be friends again."

"We're friends forever." Kevin smiles, as he helps Jacob up. 

"Let's go see our movie."