You're Never Bald Alone

Best Buddies

 

The boys have never had any problems at their hairdresser before. They all liked their haircuts and the various colors they have had, but that changes for Kevin one day. The hairdresser is shaving down some areas of Kevin's hair when he chooses the worst moment to sneeze. Maybe the hairdresser was distracted or something, because when Kevin opens his eyes all of the hair in the middle of his head is gone. 

"Oh. My. Gosh. What happened?"

"I'm sorry. My hand slipped."

Kevin knows that he cannot look like this, just randomly having the middle section of his hair shaved while the rest of his hair is normal. His worst nightmare is confirmed when the hairdresser speaks again. 

"I'm really sorry, Kevin, but we will have to shave all of it off so it can grow back evenly."

Kevin pretty much faints when he hears this news. 

He wakes up to hear it again and has to accept his fate at this moment. He closes his eyes for the whole event, because he just can't bear to see his hair all be taken away. 

"Okay, all done. I really am sorry about what happened." The stylist says. 

Kevin opens his eyes to see that all of his hair is now gone. 

"It's alright. It was an accident." Kevin lies. 

At least he doesn't have to be anywhere else today, so he immediately runs to the car that takes him back to the dorm. 

When he gets there, he runs to his room and shuts the door before crying under the covers. Of course, since there are so many of them in the house, this does not go unnoticed by at least one member. 

"Kevin, are you okay?" Younghoon asks, from the other side of the door. 

Kevin just continues to sob in response, so Younghoon comes in to check on him.

"Kevin, what's wrong?" Younghoon questions, sitting on his bed. 

He just mumbles something through his sobs that Younghoon cannot understand at all. He does not know what to do, maybe Kevin just does not want to talk about the situation at this moment. 

"Ummm.... do you want to be alone for a bit?"

Kevin gives another incoherent response, so Younghoon decides to take that as a yes. 

"Okay, if you want to talk, we will be here." Younghoon replies, patting Kevin's back before leaving the room.

Kevin ends up spending a pretty long time in his room. The boys even call him for dinner, but he does not budge. When night rolls around, they decide that someone needs to check on him. While he may have wanted to be alone earlier, it has been a long time now so they need to make sure he is okay. The boys send the one person that Kevin tells everything to to check on him. 

"Kevin. Are you alright?" Jacob asks, entering the room and sitting next to him. 

Jacob does not get a response, so he taps him and shakes him. 

"Come on buddy, get up."

Kevin wakes up and sees that Jacob is in his room. 

"Jacob, what's going on?"

"I came to check on you. You've been in your room all day long." Jacob explains. 

"Oh. Well, I'm okay." Kevin replies. 

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything."

"I know. It's just that, the worst thing happened to me at the hairdresser today." Kevin admits, before taking off his hat. 

Jacob now sees that all of Kevin's hair is gone. 

"The hairdresser made a mistake and had to cut off all of my hair so it would grow back evenly. I look terrible."

"No you don't. You're still very handsome." Jacob encourages. 

"Thanks, but you're only saying that because we are best friends and you don't want to hurt my feelings." Kevin replies, putting the beanie back on. 

"But I mean it. There's nothing wrong with having your head shaved, your hair will grow back."

"That's easy for you to say, you still have your hair. You guys all have your hair." Kevin responds. 

"I miss mine." Kevin adds, touching Jacob's hair. 

"Kevin, it will grow back. You just have to be patient. Then we will all have hair again." 

"Well, I guess there is nothing I can do. I might as well just accept it and wait." Kevin gives in. 

"That's good. Do you feel better?" 

"Not really. Maybe just a tiny bit. I'm gonna go get ready for bed." Kevin says, walking out of the room. 

"Okay. Let any of us know if you need anything." Jacob calls after him. 

That night, Jacob tries to think of a way to make Kevin at least feel somewhat better. It's not like he can make a potion or something to make Kevin's hair grow back overnight. Even if he does take something to help his hair grow faster, it will still take some time. 

Suddenly, Jacob remembers how Kevin talked about not having hair while all the other members have a full head of hair. That is when Jacob realizes what he must do, he has to make Kevin feel like he is not alone. 

The next day, Jacob goes to the hairdresser to get his head shaved. 

"Where's Jacob hyung?" Haknyeon asks, as the boys all sit down for breakfast.

"I'm not sure. I woke up this morning and he wasn't there." Sangyeon states. 

A couple seconds after this, Jacob walks into the dorm. 

"Hyungie, there you are!" Eric announces, once Jacob walks into the kitchen.

"Where have you been?" Juyeon questions. 

"Well, I was out and I have a surprise for Kevin." Jacob begins. 

"What do you mean?" Kevin chimes in. 

"I know you felt alone and sad being the only one with a shaved head." Jacob says, before he removes his hat. 

The members all gasp when they see Jacob's hair is also gone. 

"Now we both have shaved heads, you're not the only one anymore." Jacob adds. 

"You shaved your head for me? You didn't have to do that."

"Yeah I did. You're my best friend and I wanted you to feel better."

"You're a true friend." Kevin smiles, taking off his hat. 

Eventually, Kevin's hair and Jacob's hair does grow back, and Kevin makes sure to avoid that particular hairdresser for the rest of his life.