Partners In Crime

Best Buddies

 

Since Kevin lost the bet about watching Eric, he now has to do Jacob's chores. One of the chores is cleaning the members' rooms, which would not be too much work if he didn't also have to clean their rooms at the company. 

Kevin is currently cleaning Sangyeon's room as Jacob watches from a chair and eats some chocolate. 

"Don't forget about that top shelf." Jacob comments. 

"Wow, thanks for the tip." Kevin replies, sarcastically.

Looking at this shelf, Kevin sees that there are a bunch of horse sculptures on it. 

"I didn't know Sangyeon had a collection of horses." Kevin states, picking up one of the horses. 

"Yeah, he says they are good luck and he really cares about them, so please be careful with them."

"Jacob, you say that like I'm some kind of clumsy idiot." Kevin responds. 

Kevin manages to dust a couple of the figures before getting distracted by one and deciding to pick it up. 

"This horse is so cute, with such a nice mane." Kevin says, prancing around with the horse. 

"Kevin, be careful with that."

"Jacob, would you calm-"

Just then, Kevin's grip slips and he drops the horse on the floor. All of the legs and the head come off. 

"Oh my gosh. Sangyeon is going to be so mad, he really loves this horse collection."

"No! What are we going to do?" 

"We? You're the one who broke it after I told you to be careful." Jacob responds. 

"Come on Jacob, I bet I can fix it. I just need a couple of hours."

"Sangyeon is going to be here soon though. He is running errands right now and I bet he will come in here to do stuff before practice later." Jacob explains. 

"Come on, can't you distract him for a couple hours? Just keep him at the dorm. Please?"

"Kevin."

"Please, best friend in the entire universe." Kevin begs, with puppy dog eyes. 

"Fine. I'll help you. Besides, it will allow me to spend some time with my husband."

Jacob gets out his phone and calls Sangyeon.

"Hi, honey." Sangyeon answers. 

"Hi, Yeonie. What are you up to?"

"Just finishing getting the groceries."

"Oh. Is that your last errand?"

"Yeah, I just got to get the groceries home and then put them away. Then I'm gonna see what I can get done in my room over at the company." Sangyeon replies. 

"How about instead of coming to the company, I meet you at the dorm, help you unpack those groceries, and then we can spend a couple hours together?" Jacob suggests. 

"I don't know. I was planning on working on some things."

"But Yeonie, wouldn't it be nice for us to spend some time together? Just you and me alone? It would be so romantic. Come on my big, strong teddy bear. I want to spend time with you and cuddle." Jacob pleads, using a cute voice. 

 "Jacob, are you trying to break me? You know I can't say no when you use that tone and call me your teddy bear. Okay, we can hang out when I get home."

"Great. I'll see you at home. Bye, sweetheart."

"Bye."

"Okay, you have two hours." Jacob tells Kevin. 

"I'll text you when I finish fixing it." Kevin says, before Jacob leaves. 

Kevin then thinks about what he needs to fix the horse before going to his own room to get the supplies. On the way there, he runs into Haknyeon. 

"Hi, Kevin hyung! Wanna play bouncy ball with me?" Haknyeon says, holding up a small rubber ball. 

"Not right now, I'm kinda busy."

"Busy searching for your crush so you can stare at him?" Haknyeon teases. 

"Haknyeon, I do not stare at Hyungwon. I just look at him from a distance sometimes."

"I'm just saying, I can ask him to go on a date with you if you play bouncy ball with me." Haknyeon responds. 

"Yeah, right. I'm really busy so I will pass on that scam." Kevin says, walking away. 

Kevin goes to his room and gets glue and small brushes to help repair the horse. Due to the amount of small pieces, it takes a while for Kevin to figure out where everything goes before he does start sticking things back into place. 

Back at the dorm, Jacob decides to text Kevin and ask him how things are going since an hour has passed. 

"Is it done yet?" Jacob texts. 

"No. I think I will need another hour, so keep Sangyeon distracted. There are a lot of little pieces : ( " Kevin texts back. 

"Fine, see you in one hour." 

Jacob puts his phone away and Sangyeon starts to wake up. 

"Jacob, what are you doing sweetheart?" Sangyeon questions, holding onto Jacob tighter. 

"Just texting Kevin." Jacob vaguely answers. 

"What time is it?"

"Two o'clock."

"Oh. We should probably start heading to the company." Sangyeon suggests. 

"No!" Jacob exclaims, turning around to face Sangyeon.

"Honey, what's wrong? Why do you sound so set on not going?"

"Because, I wanna keep spending time with you. It's been so long since we've been alone like this." Jacob explains. 

"But we really should start going."

"Yeonie, I wanna be with you. Please, we don't have to rush to the company. Let's just nap for a little while longer." Jacob says, now hanging onto Sangyeon so he cannot move.

"You are too cute. What am I going to do with you? Alright, we can stay here for a little bit." Sangyeon replies, kissing the top of Jacob's head.  

While Jacob is relaxing at the dorm, Kevin is frantically trying to put the horse back together. It does take him the extra hour that he asked for, but he eventually does finish it and places it back on the shelf where it was. Just as he steps back from the shelf, Sangyeon and Jacob enter the room. 

"Hi guys." 

"Kevin, what are you doing in here?" Sangyeon asks. 

"Cleaning." Kevin answers simply. 

"Yeah. You remember that bet we had? Well, since Kevin lost he has to do all my chores, which means cleaning the rooms." Jacob elaborates. 

"Oh, well you did a nice job." Sangyeon smiles. 

"Hey hyungs, wanna see something cool?" Haknyeon blurts out, entering the room. 

"Sure, what is it munchkin?" Jacob asks. 

"I learned a new trick with my bouncy ball."

Haknyeon throws the ball at the wall and it bounces all around the room before coming back to him. During all of this bouncing, unfortunately, the ball hits the horse that Kevin just repaired and it shatters into pieces. 

"Nooooo!" Kevin shouts, on his knees in despair. 

"Haknyeon, you know you should be careful with that ball." Jacob scolds. 

"Sorry hyung." Haknyeon tells Sangyeon. 

"It's alright. How can I get mad at a maknae? Besides, this isn't even one of my favorite horses. I have those hidden somewhere that nobody knows about, because I know you guys might break them somehow." Sangyeon explains. 

Kevin is still distraught on the floor. all his hard work was for nothing. Sangyeon takes notice of this. 

"Kevin, what's wrong? You look the same way you did when Eric spilled juice all over one of your sketches."

"He's just so upset to see such a beautiful piece of art be shattered." Jacob says, picking Kevin up. 

"Right." Kevin agrees, calming down so Sangyeon will believe him. 

"It's fine, there's other horses. Come on Haknyeon, let's go get some supplies to clean this up and then we can play with the ball outside like we are supposed to." Sangyeon says, leading Haknyeon out of the room. 

"All my hard work, gone to dust."

"It's alright, Kevin."

"That's easy for you to say. While you were off playing with Sangyeon, I was here struggling to put that thing back together. Only for it to be destroyed in a few seconds."

"Come on, how about I take you to go get some ice cream?" Jacob replies. 

"Fine, but you also need to give that box of fancy chocolates that Sangyeon got you."

"What? No, you can have a row and that is it."

"Half the box?"

"I told you a row."

The two of them continue arguing about this all the way to the ice cream shop, having completely forgotten about the horse situation today.