Keith and James

Best Buddies

 

Jacob is sitting on the couch in the living room watching some television when Kevin enters the room. 

"Hey, Jacob. Wanna hang out?" Kevin asks, sitting down next to his best friend. 

"No thanks. I'm watching tv right now." 

"But I thought you'd want to hang out. Sangyeon is shooting that program, so I thought you'd want someone to hang with while he's gone." Kevin says. 

"Kevin, I'm fine. I'm not lonely. Sometimes I like to be by myself. We see each other everyday anyway since we live in the same dorm together, host a show together, and perform together." 

"Fine. If you don't wanna hang out with me." Kevin says, before walking away. 

"Wait, buddy. I didn't mean it like that." Jacob responds, stopping Kevin. 

"It's just that it's good to have some me time once in a while. We're still best friends." 

Jacob puts his fist out with the friendship ring on it and Kevin catches on, fist bumping his ring with Jacob's and smiling at him. 

"I bet one of the other members wants to hang out with you. They can't all be doing something."

"Yeah. See you later." Kevin says, before going to look for another member. 

Too bad that Jacob ends up being wrong, because Kevin goes to every member and they are all busy doing something or sleeping. 

"Great. Now who am I going to get to go to that new museum with me?" Kevin thinks. 

At that moment, Kevin gets an idea. He can ask his new friend to go with him. Kevin has been talking with a guy on the internet for a while now and they are really good friends at this point. They have met in person several times now, so it's not like he is going with some random stranger. 

"Hey, are you busy now?" Kevin texts his friend. 

"No, what's up?"

"Do you wanna go to the art museum with me? They have a new exhibit all about the color green." Kevin asks. 

"That sounds awesome! Of course I will go with you!"

"Okay, I'll meet you there in half an hour."

Thirty minutes later, Kevin meets up with his friend, James, at the museum. 

"Hey, nice to see you again."

"You too. Ready to go learn some exciting things about the color green?" Kevin replies. 

"You bet."

Kevin and James spend the rest of the day at the museum and then get coffee later. 

They talk about a lot of different things, they really do have a lot in common. It is like Kevin is pretty much hanging out with Jacob anyway. 

Once it starts to get dark out, Kevin and his friend decide to wrap things up. 

"We should hang out again sometime."

"Yeah. I had a lot of fun."

"How about next weekend?"

"Sure, I'm free."

The two of them say goodbye and then go home. 

Their meetings do not end here, however. Kevin and his new best friend spend time together whenever they can, and Kevin even turns down hanging out with Jacob, since Jacob did say he wanted to be alone more. 

James is such a fun guy, that Kevin thinks the rest of the members should meet him, so he invites him over to play some board games with the members on their usual Wednesday game night. 

As they are setting up the game, the doorbell rings. James is here, so Kevin goes to get the door. 

"Hi, Kevin."

"Hi, James. Come in, you're just in time for Monopoly." Kevin replies. 

James comes in and Kevin leads him to the living room to meet the others. Jacob and the maknaes are currently the ones in the living room, the four of them setting up the table. 

"Hey guys, I want you to meet my new friend James." Kevin announces. 

"It's nice to meet you guys."

The four of them look up and are shocked at what they see. James looks very similar to Jacob, they are even wearing a similar plaid shirt. 

"Oh my gosh, he looks just like Jacob hyung!" Sunwoo says. 

Jacob and James make eye contact and realize that it is true. 

"It's very nice to meet you too, James. I'm sure the boys will like you." Jacob smiles, trying to change the subject. 

"Maknaes, go get your hyungs and tell them it's time for game night." Jacob adds. 

The maknaes run off and Kevin and his friend sit down at the table with Jacob. 

A couple minutes later, Sangyeon walks into the room. 

"Hey, sweetheart. Is that a new shirt?" He says, ruffling James's hair instead of Jacob's.

"Umm, Sangyeon, I'm over here." Jacob says, coming back from the kitchen. 

Sangyeon's jaw drops, he is so confused and cannot even form a sentence. 

"But.... you... here.... what?"

"Hyung, this is my friend, James." Kevin tells Sangyeon. 

"Oh. I'm sorry, James. You just look so much like my husband."

"It's okay."

Sangyeon clings to Jacob's arm and he sits down with him, making sure to keep track of the man who he is really married to. 

Minutes later, all the boys have finally gathered to begin the game night. 

They play Jenga, Monopoly, and Apples to Apples. 

The boys are in for another shock that day when James ends up winning Jenga. Usually Jacob is the one to win, but today he gets second place. Things get even weirder when they learn more about James. By the end of the evening, they learn that James also plays guitar, likes to watch anime, and hates scary movies. 

James does not only look like Jacob, he has a lot of his interests, they are like the same person. While everyone else sees this as a weird and creepy coincidence, Jacob sees it as Kevin trying to replace him. This makes Jacob jealous and he wants to get revenge and show Kevin that he can be replaced too. 

That night, before going to bed, Jacob goes to the same website that Kevin found James on and searches for a friend that is similar to Kevin. After some searching, he becomes friends with a guy named Keith. 

"I'll show Kevin that he isn't the only one who can get a new friend." 

The next day, Jacob brings his new friend over to the company before practice has to start. All of the members are gathered in the room when Jacob and his new friend walk in. 

"Jacob, there you are."

"Hi guys. I was just showing my new friend around the building. His name is Keith." 

"It's nice to meet you guys." He smiles. 

The same smile as Kevin. The same everything as Kevin. 

The members have the exact same reaction as when they met James. 

"What's going on here? Do we all have to find look-alikes of the other members?" Jaehyun questions. 

Keith is confused by what he means, until Kevin walks in. 

"Hey, have any of you guys seen my piano stand?" Kevin asks, stopping in his tracks once he sees Keith. 

Kevin thinks he is looking in a mirror, so he pokes Keith to make sure he really is someone else. 

"That's an interesting way to greet someone." Keith jokes. 

"Sorry, man. It's just, you kinda look like me."

"Kinda? More like exactly." The members think. 

"No worries, man. Did I hear you say you play piano?" Keith replies. 

"Yeah. Do you play too?"

"Yes. I love the piano, it's such a beautiful instrument." 

Kevin thinks it is a little weird that Keith also plays the same instrument as him, so he asks him some more questions in hopes of being less creeped out by this whole encounter. 

Through these questions, Kevin finds out that the two of them have the same taste in music, love art, and have the same hobbies. 

A couple of minutes later, Keith has to leave because he has to go to his vocal lessons. At least that is one thing Kevin is likely better than him at. 

"Okay guys, time to start practice now." Changmin announces. 

It seems suspicious that Jacob just all of sudden has a friend that looks like Kevin, but he decides not to think too deeply about it. 

However, when you are walking down the street with your new friend and see your best friend at the coffee shop that the two of you always go to and he is with a guy that looks just like you, that is when things are lining up a little too much. 

"Jacob, what are you guys doing here?" Kevin confronts him. 

"Oh, you know. Having coffee on a Saturday morning."

"But that's our thing. It has been for five years."

"Well, I couldn't find you, so I brought Keith instead." Jacob responds. 

"What do you mean you couldn't find me? I bet you didn't even bother looking."

"Well now you know what it is like to be replaced." Jacob states. 

"Replaced? Jacob, I wasn't trying to replace you by hanging out with James. I really thought you wanted more alone time. We've been online friends for a while now, it is just a coincidence that he looks like you, I wasn't trying to get rid of you or something, you're my best friend."

Jacob now feels guilty for jumping to conclusions.

"I'm sorry. I should have talked to you about all of this instead of trying to get back at you like this." Jacob says. 

"That's okay. Come on, let's go to the park and watch some birds." 

"But guys, what about us?" Keith says, as Kevin and Jacob start to walk away. 

"Yeah, what about us?" James agrees. 

"Let's just run. If we're fast enough, they can't catch us. We can also pretend that we don't know Korean and just walk away." Kevin whispers to Jacob.

"Kevin." Jacob says, slapping Kevin's arm. 

"We have to think about this. Now, what can we do with two good looking guys that are interested in music?"

Kevin and Jacob look at each other and have the perfect idea.

"Boyband."

Kevin and Jacob know that one of the other companies in their building is looking for two more members to add to their upcoming group, so why not let their two friends have a shot. 

Fortunately, the two of them end up making it into the group and soon debut with the other five members. Training and then debuting in a group together makes James and Keith get closer, and they are soon best friends just like Kevin and Jacob are. 

Things are finally back to normal, minus that fact that the two of them have look-alikes that are now also singers.