Chapter 7

Tulip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arin was in the convenience store, working part-time as usual. The customers are lining up, seems like it will never end. Whenever she heard the bell sound as a new customer came in, she would say ‘Welcome’ since she was the only staff working there.

She had no time to look up to every customer until one customer with a black hoodie came in.

Are they going to rob here?

Arin giggled at her own imagination.

 

*Electricity went out

 

Is it the start of the Zombie apocalypse? That is so trendy these days.

She heard customers complain because of the light out.

Suddenly, she felt a hand grab her.

“Let me go, someone help me, please!”

No one came and help her. Great! If they were me, I would help myself.

 

“Shh, hey it’s me.”

 

Jiho took off the hood. Arin could see that damn gorgeous face even in the dark.

“Unnie!!” Arin hugged Jiho, as she felt relieved.

“Let’s go Arin-ah” Jiho tried to pull her out of the store.

“But Unnie, I can’t leave the store like this; with the customers in the dark.”

“It’s ok. I can handle this, let’s go.”

How is she going to handle this? Anyway, both of them ran out of the store.

 

“Arin-ah, wait for me.” Jiho stopped and bent her body. She was panting hard. “You run really fast.”

Arin did ‘Me~rong: P’ at her Unnie as she won over Jiho.

 

Finally, they reached Naksan beach.

“Arin-ah. I missed you.” Jiho cooed while hugging Arin.

“I missed you too, Unnie.” She confessed back.

Jiho releases from the hug to pinch Arin cheek softly, makes sure it won’t hurt Arin. Arin giggled as she loves when her Unnie did that.

“Arin-ah, we have to go now.”

“To where? We just reach here.” Arin could stay like this forever.

“To school, Arin. To school. Wake up.”

 

-----------------------------------

Since at least, even in dreams, it’s okay
Let’s meet again, one of these nights

 

------------------------------------

 

 

I was dreaming about her.

 

Arin slowly opened her eyes.

 

Then she saw Jiho with a smile plastered on her face, “A wonderful dream?”

 

 

 

 

It’s been 3 weeks since Arin went to the new school. And the monthly exam is getting nearer.

 

“Yerim-ah, can you help me with this question?” Arin asked, as she needed help in solving a multiple-choice question.

“Sure. Let me solve it first and will explain to you later.”

Yerim wrote in her notes. It was impressive.

She always thinks she’s lucky to have a friend like Yerim who always eager to help her.

“Done. Let’s see…”

 

By the way, Yerim’s answer was not even close to any of the given options.

 

 

One week later,

“Arin-ah. It’s your turn.” Yerim just came back from the teachers’ room. Well, they both failed in Maths.

 

The teacher couldn’t stop her warning and she hoped the teacher stops soon as she has already known her condition well.

 

“Thank you for lending your hand Jiho.” Jiho? Unnie? Arin got nervous as she heard that name. Maybe to meet Jiho in this situation was more terrifying than failing an exam for her.

Jiho was being a sweet student to a teacher, who sits a few feet away from Arin’s teacher.

Why it has to be now?

She tried to hide her face as the thought of what Jiho will think about her freaks her out, but it was too late. She saw Jiho already looking at her bluntly, then turned away and went out of the teachers’ room.

 

 

Jiho didn’t even come and fetch her that evening.

 

 

Arin wished that evening would stop so that Jiho won’t come home from her academy. Ugh… It’s so wrong to think like that. But I don’t want to see her today.

The more we wish, the more impossible it becomes.

It was the only day Jiho returned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter