Chapter 4

Tulip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were heading to their home, Arin’s new home. Minhyun and Shiah went on their honeymoon right away.

 

A comfortable silence took place between them.

 

Jiho spent all of her energy trying to make Arin feels less bad since morning. She must be tired too.  Arin turned her head to Jiho. Jiho was looking at her home screen, typing and smiling at whatever it is on it. It was dark inside the car and only Jiho’s face was visible by the light of the phone screen.

 

“Uhm, thank you for everything,” Arin finally said.

Jiho turned her head toward Arin, not sure if Jiho could see her face or not.

“For everything, you did for me. Especially, for today,” Arin wished she could express more how thankful she was to Jiho.

Arin could see Jiho was amazed.

 

“Nae?” Arin asked when Jiho didn’t say a word but staring at her.

 

“Oh... Sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you. I was surprised because you talked to me first,” Jiho’s said with a flushed face. “I’m sorry for what happened at the dinner. You must feel bad.” Jiho’s eyes moved, staring outside through the car window of Arin’s side.

 

“No. I’m okay. I’ve already expected that. I was worried that you wouldn’t like me either but you treat me well. And I’m happy,” Oops… She said what was on her mind out, honestly.

 

Jiho locked her phone.

The light disappeared and Arin couldn’t see Jiho’s face anymore.

 

“I’m glad too since you are comfortable around me,” she heard Jiho said, “And don’t call me ‘Miss Kim’ anymore. Call me ‘Unnie’. I’m your Unnie now.”

 

 

 

 

They finally arrived.

 

Arin imagined the house must be a big one but what she saw was a two-storied house and it’s not too big. Instead, it has a large yard. And there’s also no butler came out and opened the door for them. Jiho pushed the door open for her.

 

It has a dark-blue interior paint and Arin has no idea how the dark-blue color is that beautiful until now. Arin was amazed at the bookshelf attached to the wall.

“Dad loves to read books,” Jiho said, “Come on, let’s go upstairs.”

 

Cute pictures of Jiho were hanged on the wall on both sides of the stairs. Pictures of younger Jiho with her dad.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter