Chapter 6

Tulip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was Saturday morning,

She heard Jiho talking to someone downstairs.

“Eomeonim, can you make more ‘Fresh Kimchi’ for me? I want to bring some to school.”

Eomeonim? Omma? Isn’t she supposed to come back tomorrow?

 

She ran downstairs, thinking her mom is back; she saw Jiho talking to a lady, who is not her mom. 

Is Unnie calling every lady ‘Eomeonim’?

“Good morning Arin! Eomeonim, this is my sister, Arin. Arin-ah, this is Aunt Hyejin, Yoobin’s mom.”

“Annyeong hashimnikka (hello in a more formal way)” Arin bowed. Unnie is calling her friends’ mom also ‘Eomeonim’.

 

Arin now knows the reason why the fridge is always full of fresh food. Aunt Hyejin cooks for them every day.

 

Hyejin started to clean the house after she put the food in the fridge.

“Arin-ah, we have to clean our house every Saturday with Eomeonim or Yoobin. Dad hates if I slack off on the weekends,” Jiho grabbed a cloth and started to wipe the TV screen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

On Monday, lunchtime at school

 

“Yaaahhhh… You two look alike when you both did ‘poop hair’,”

Seunghee said when she saw Jiho and Arin with buns. Arin loves to hear it.

“I think so too. Omma made them for us.” Jiho proudly said to Seunghee, came close to Arin to press her cheek to Arin’s; Arin’s face got red as their cheeks touched.

 

Yoobin joined them later.

“Mmm… My mom’s kimchi is the best,” Yoobin said while munching the kimchi from the lunch box that Jiho brought.

“You are right. Hey!!! That’s mine.”

 

“Binnie-yah, should I do ‘poop hair’ too? Do you think I will look good with it?”

“No!” Yoobin’s answer was fast.

Seunghee glared at Yoobin.

“You only look good with Binnie, my friend.”

“Hmph!”

Seunghee didn’t catch the word ‘Binnie’.

 

When Arin saw Yoobin, she just remembered her promise to Yerim; to ask what Yoobin likes to eat.

“Uhm, Yoobin Sunbae… May I know what your favorite food is?”

Jiho and Seunghee looked at Arin at the same time, their eyes look like they were going to pop out of their head.

“I don’t have such. I just love to eat. Buying food for me will cost a lot since I'm a big eater.” Yoobin answered with a grin. Seunghee looked at Yoobin as if she heard something outrageous.

“May I know why you are asking? Is that because you want to know or did someone ask you?” Yoobin asked, already knowing that Arin isn’t the one who wants to know about her.

“Actually, it’s my friend who wants to know. She said she wants to treat you something.”

Yoobin didn’t say anything back. Just nodded her head.

Seunghee face got darkened.

“What a relief,” Jiho said, “It means our Arinie already made a new friend. It’s good to hear.”

“It’s not a relief.  It means Arin’s friend has an interest in Binnie, isn’t she?” Seunghee whined, “Call me a bad friend. I hope you don’t get famous.”

“Hey, that’s not fair. You even accepted a flower from a guy this morning but I didn’t say I hope no one discovers you or I hope no one sees you.”

“How did you know that?”

“How many times should I tell you? I’ve already said I can see you from my class even if I hate to see you.”

“Stupid Binnie,” Seunghee pouted and started to do 1-2 punch at Yoobin but Yoobin grabbed both of her hands. Seunghee blushed hard.

These things were happening right in front of Arin and she felt sorry for her question; thought they fight because of her. Jiho was watching at them like she was watching a K-drama.

“Don’t you think you are lucky being a best friend of a star? She’s handsome, popular, and good with her studies; and she doesn’t even get jealous of her friend like someone … OUCH... Seunghee-yah. Stop biting me.”

 

 

 

Arin walked with Jiho to her class after lunch became a routine for them. Yoobin said she also wants to join them so 4 of them were heading to Year-3 class A.

“Jiho looks happier since she met Arin, don’t you think so?” Seunghee said to Yoobin; wrapped her arms around Yoobin like a koala.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter