Chapter 5

Tulip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arin must be crazy too.

For letting Jiho sleep 5 more minutes.

 

“But sir today is her first day here so please let it slide. And she’s late because of me.”

“There's no exception. Especially, for the new students who should come earlier. Both of you late for 5 minutes, so run 5 laps. GO!!”

 

Both of them started to run. There was one female student already running ahead of them.

 

“Seunghee, YAH HYUN SEUNGHEE!!!” The girl didn’t seem to hear so Jiho speeded up and follow her. Arin speeded up too to catch up with her Unnie.

The girl was startled and looked back when Jiho patted her shoulder.

“Seunghee-yah, if you like to wear beanies that much, at least tuck your hair behind your ears,”

Seunghee, the girl with the beanie couldn’t hear Jiho so she tucked her hair behind her ear and said, “WHAT?”

Jiho rolled her eyes.

“Hey, don’t roll your eyes to me. The reason why I am late is because of someone who kept texting me last night as they got excited about having a little sister and HEY HEY!! Don’t punch me.”

Seunghee dodged Jiho’s fake punches like a pro boxer while running before she recognized Arin who was running along with them.

“Oh, hi! You are Arinie, right.” Seunghee pushed her lensless glasses up from her nose to act cool and greeted Arin.

“Hello, yes, I am…”

“Thank god. We finally met. I’m so tired of listening to Jiho’s ‘Arinie this, Arinie that’ OUCH! OUCH!  OUCH! Jiho, don’t punch for real,”

 


 

Seunghee finished her laps and she headed off to her class first. Arin and Jiho had 2 more laps left to run.

Arin couldn’t run anymore so she stopped and bent her body. She was panting hard.

“Arin-ah, don’t stop. It will only make you get more tired.”

“But Unnie, I can’t run anymore.”

“Arin-ah, Hold Unnie’s hand. Come on.”

Arin didn’t remember how she finished her remaining 2 laps.

 

 

 

“Saem (teacher), this is my sister, Arin. She’s late because of me so please, don’t scold her…”

“I understand, Jiho, so go to your class NOW!!”

Jiho bowed to the teacher and said, “Naeb!!! See you later, Arin-ah,” Jiho waved at Arin and left.

 

The whole class’s attention was on her.

“Hello, I’m Choi…No, Kim Arin. I’m from Yangyang-gun, Gangwon-do. It’s nice to see you.”

“Hello, are you a friend of Jiho Sunbae (Senior)?”

“How did you and Jiho Sunbae meet?”

“Can you give me Jiho Sunbae’s Number?”

“Everyone, stop asking irrelevant questions. Arin, go and sit beside Yerim.”

 

 

 

 

 

Arin’s tummy was giving the signal. She didn’t have breakfast this morning and running laps made her even hungrier. Unnie must be hungry too.

 

“ARIN-AH~~” Jiho ran towards her seat. It was 10 minutes break after the first period so the teacher wasn’t there.

“Here,” Jiho handed her bread and banana milk. “Our Arinie must be hungry because of me. (Panting)”

“Unnie, did you go to the canteen?”

“No. I can buy them from my friend,” Jiho answered, still in huff and puff, “Unnie has to go now, see you at lunchtime!”

Jiho ran out before Arin could say, “Bye.”

 

 

 

The school cafeteria was huge and so many students were enjoying their lunch.  Arin held her food tray and tried to find Jiho. 

“Arin-ah~ Arin~ah, Unnie is here,” Arin saw Jiho waving at her.

Jiho led her to the table where the girl with the beanie hat, Hyun Seunghee, and the other girl were already sitting.

“Arin-ah, these are my friends, Hyun Seunghee, you already met her this morning, and this is Bae Yoobin. Yoobin-ah, this is Arin,”

“Hi, Arin!” Unlike Seunghee, Yoobin greeted her in a 'real' cool way, smiling and nodded her head.

“Hello,” Arin bowed to her. “She’s cute Jiho-yah. Now I understand why you were being like that.”

“Yah!!! Yah!!!” Jiho put her finger on but moved her lips to say ‘shut up.’

 

 

Arin enjoyed the lunch provided by this school.

“Can Arinie eat my cucumber kimchi? Unnie doesn’t like it,” Jiho asked while pointing the cucumber with her chopsticks.

“Sure Unnie.”

Jiho picked only cucumbers from her Kimchi and gave them to Arin. Arin recognized Seunghee didn’t eat her lunch; her tray was the same as it was brought.

“Seunghee yah, aren’t you feeling well?” Yoobin asked.

“Hwe Jangnim’s daughter (Chairman’s daughter) was late for school this morning. I think she’s embarrassed about that. Seunghee-yah, I’m really sorry about this morning. Don’t be mad.”

I see. Seunghee-sunbae (Senior) is the daughter of this school’s chairman. But she didn’t look mad at Unnie this morning. I wonder what happened. Seunghee was staring at her untouched food tray, didn’t respond to what Jiho s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter