Chapter 4

Wolf

It had been a few couple of days later that Yoohyeon was finally fully healed and ready to go home. And how desperately she wanted to hug Gahyeon, it had been to long since she'd seen her and Yoohyeon worried that Gahyeon would scold her. Considering that Gahyeon was younger than her and acted like a mom.

Walking into their home Yoohyeon peeks inside, darkness filling the living room. Sighing, Yoohyeon steps in quietly closing the door behind her, not forgetting to lock it.

Standing in the middle of the living room, Yoohyeon walks to the fridge to serve herself some orange juice. 

 

Thinking back at everything that has happened the last couple of days, it makes her think. Why exactly did they send her to the outside, knowing that she was still new? And why her? Why no one else that was experienced in killing and getting blood samples?

Putting the empty glass on the sink Yoohyeon lazily makes her way upstairs to her room, she would've checked if Gahyeon was asleep but she was to exhausted at the moment and just wanted to jump in bed and let sleep take over her body.

Just as she was about to enter her room Gahyeon opens her bedroom door. Surprised to see Yoohyeon and angry that she just left her without answering her texts.

"Yoohyeon," Yoohyeon felt chills run down her spine. One, Gahyeon was to calm. Two, she was to damn calm!

"Ye-yes?" She nervously rubbed her hands to her pants to take away her nerves and sweat that was forming.

Gahyeon glares at her standing face to face. Yoohyeon gulps. Knowing what was about to happen next.

She prepared for the incoming slap but instead was brought into a bone crushing hug from the smaller girl.

"You idiot! Where were you! You had me so worried Yoohyeonie." Gahyeon quietly had said, burying her face at the crook of the taller girls neck.

Yoohyeon melted into the hug. Resting her chin on-top of Gahyeon's head. Rubbing her back in a comforting way she began to apologize, "I'm very sorry Gahyeonie. I'm so, so sorry for worrying you, baby."

"You better be." Gahyeon said sniffling, letting go of the hug. She had thought of the worst possible scenarios the last couple of days without any contact with her friend, and it scared her to think that something bad had happened to Yoohyeon. But she's glad that that wasn't the case and that she was back home. Safe and sound.

"You-you had me thinking the worst possible sce-scenario Yoohyeon-ah." Gahyeon choked up hugging Yoohyeon again.

Seeing Gahyeon cry like that made Yoohyeon realize that she wasn't alone anymore and that she had Gahyeon waiting for her back home. 

 

At that moment Yoohyeon wanted to tell Gahyeon everything, everything about the supernatural, about the existence of werewolves.

But she couldn't. Yoohyeon couldn't risk putting Gahyeon in any danger, knowing that werewolves roamed around them, blending into society.

She hugged the younger girl closer, fear crippling inside her as she just caressed the younger girl crying in her shoulder.

 

 

The next morning Yoohyeon had woken up earlier than expected. Last night Gahyeon had whined about Yoohyeon letting her sleep in her room, since it had been a few scary days without the older girl. And Yoohyeon being weak to the girls adorable puppy eyes, she said yes.

Yawning and looking at the hour on her phone which read 7:59. With a heavy sigh she plops herself down to bed, cuddling closer to Gahyeon. 

To say the least that Yoohyeon has a very, very soft spot for the fox like girl, would be an understatement. But the taller girl really did, ever since she took Gahyeon in as her sister. A time where neither girl were ready to talk about yet.

 

"Unnie..." a audible mumble came from Gahyeon as she stirred under Yoohyeon's arms.

"Hmm," hummed the older girl.

"Promise me something," Gahyeon began to say, eyes still closed.

"What is it?" Asked Yoohyeon, curious as to what the younger girl wanted to say.

Gahyeon stirred again, this time facing Yoohyeon. Her eyes still closed, scarred that she would cry in front of her friend.

"promise me that you will always come back home to me. I...you don't have to tell me what you do unnie, I just want to know that you will always come back to me everyday. I don't want to lose you too."

Yoohyeon could sense that Gahyeon was about to cry so she brought the younger girl closer, running her fingers threw her silky silver hair.

It pained Yoohyeon that Gahyeon had to promise her that she would come home. And it hurt her even more when she didn't know if she could even keep it, the risks of dying were high and unpredictable.

The "outside" wasn't a playground to play, no, not at all. It was where millions of hunters like her over the centuries have died under the jaws of werewolves, being mocked and played with, before eaten to pieces.

It was that same way Yoohyeon had almost lost Yubin. It felt like yesterday when Yubin had came in rushed into the E.R.

 

That unfaithful day Yubin lost her left arm and both her legs. Yubin had become depressed for months, and Yoohyeon felt utterly helpless.

 

Yubin had spent many months ignoring and distancing herself from everyone. Nobody knowing what to do had left her be, but Yoohyeon being the stubborn friend she was was always there for her. Even if she got cussed out and thrown objects at her, Yoohyeon has always been there for Yubin.

 

Even if Yubin didn't realize it at that time.

 

And since then both girls have been close ever since. They respected and cared for each other and loved each other. Something that would never change was their love for each other and the friendship they have built over the past 5 years they've known each other. Way before Yoohyeon had started working in the hunter business.

 

Yoohyeon would even go as far to say that Yubin was like another little sister to her, the opposite of Gahyeon. Which shocked her when Gahyeon and Yubin met for the first time. Let's say one was high and one was dead.

 

But even so, Yoohyeon never left Yubin's side, like Yubin never left hers.

 

A sigh escaped from her lips. Remembering all of those memories made her tired again. Yoohyeon stared out at the open window as the morning rays and cool air enters her room.

Maybe sleeping for a couple more minutes wouldn't hurt. She thought as her eye lids slowly closed, falling into another deep slumber.

 

 

"Yoohyeon! Pay attention!"

 

She abruptly wakes up with drool running at the side of and looks around her in confusion.

 

Yubin watches as  Yoohyeon comes into sudden realization and clears quickly apologizing to her boss. Yubin in utter disbelief at how her tall friend couple fall asleep while the big boss was talking.

 

But who wouldn't, nobody liked the boss anyways, so she couldn't blame Yoohyeon for falling asleep. A small smile was plastered onto her lips.

 

"I-I'm sorry Mr. Park." Yoohyeon apologized again feeling deeply embarrassed. She could feel the eyes of the people on her.

 

Mr. Park just shook his head ignoring Yoohyeon and continued talking.

 

"So we now that the werewolves that live in our society has been recently increasing in numbers. We still don't know if their escaping from somewhere or that someone could be possibly helping them." Mr. Park finished saying looking around the room for any questions.

 

The people gathered in the room whispering between each other.

 

A hand suddenly raised.

 

"Yes," Mr. Park pointed signaling them to talk.

 

The taller girl cleared as she started speaking, "How long has it been since the last time we've sent the Gatherers or Hunters outside?" She questioned.

 

Mr. Park looked down on the table, fists clenching. "A week."

 

The taller girl nodded her head. So a week without a gatherer sent outside? She thought.

 

Yubin turned to look at the girl before speaking."The reason we haven't sent another gatherer or hunter outside is because the last one we sent got injured." 

 

The taller girl looked at Yubin with a small smirk. "And when has that stopped you from sending another?"

 

Yubin growled at the girl, she was clearly trying to piss her off.

 

"Yubin and Jeongyeon, enough." Mr. park calmly said, looking between both girls who were clearly annoyed by each other's presence.

 

Yoohyeon watched Yubin and Jeongyeon look at each other with hatred in their eyes. Yoohyeon has never seen Yubin dislike someone as much like Jeongyeon and it made her wonder. 

 

What happen between these two?