Chapter 3

Wolf

Bora and Yubin were in the camera room where they could watch from the outside. Bora was typing something on the computer that controlled the cameras installed.

 

"Did you find it?" Yubin asked after awhile as she watched Bora work.

 

Bora hummed, not looking her way. "Just be patient Lee, I'll find it."

 

Minutes passed in silence. Both girls being concentrated on working and looking on the screen. Once they found Yoohyeon's footage, they watched carefully.

 

Yoohyeon walks over to Yubin hugging her from behind. "What do you want?" She asked as she works on signing papers.

 

Yoohyeon shrugged from behind her. "I just wanted to hug you." Yoohyeon answered honestly. Not realizing that the younger girl was taken aback by her answer.

 

"Y-you do." Yubin stuttered, more like a question.

 

Yoohyeon raised her eyebrows curiously. "Why? Is my yubinie shy that I said that I want to hug you." Yoohyeon teasingly said. Yubin quickly turned to look down, red covering her cheeks.

 

"N-no."

 

"Don't lie Yubin...I know you secretly like my hugs." Yoohyeon teased again wiggling her eyebrows, earning a hand pushing her face away.

 

"My yubinie." Yoohyeon cooed adoringly pinching her squishy cheeks.

 

Boras scoffs as she watched the interaction of 2yoo, making a barfing face.

 

Yubin ignored her and continued watching.

 

"Yubin," Yoohyeon had said after awhile. "Hmm." Hummed Yubin. Turning her attention to Yoohyeon, who was looking at her with fear in her eyes?

 

"What is it Yooh?"

 

Yoohyeon knew she couldn't couldn't hide this from Yubin, because either way she was going to find out eventually.

 

"I-I have an assignment today,"  she stated, looking down. Yubin raised her eyebrows questioningly. "That's good isn't it? I don't see why it's b—" 

 

"I was assigned to go outside."

 

Yubin's eyes widen, "why? Did they explain why you're going out there?"  She began to ramble startling Yoohyeon away from the hug.

 

"N-no they didn't t-tell me." Yoohyeon said, fear and worry clouding her mind. Yubin noticed that and brought Yoohyeon into a comforting hug.

 

"Thank you." She mumbled against her shoulder, closing her eyes and relaxing into Yubin's arms.

 

Yubin shook her head. "I can't believe their sending you out there. Are you sure they didn't explain why you're going though?" She asked again, maybe she could ask Mina if she knew anything. She thought, deeply thinking on what she could do but, knowing she could do nothing for her friend angered her.

 

Yoohyeon felt Yubin tense in her arms, "hey, look at me," she said, sweetly. "I'll be fine out there okay, so don't worry to much about it." She tried to reassure her, knowing she couldn't make it a promise even if she wanted to.

 

"She didn't say it," Yubin whispered.

 

Bora looked at her confusingly. "What?"

 

Placing her hands on the table, she leans against it head down. Mumbling quiet words under her breath, "she didn't promise." She sighs frustratingly. Why she didn't she notice it before? It was clearly obvious now rewatching the footage.

 

Bora still didn't understand but she knew the two girls had a history and have been friends before they were into working in the facility.

 

She sighed leaning back against the black chair. "I don't get it. Why would they not tell Yoohyeon what the job was about?" She says, twirling in her chair.

 

Yubin also didn't know and it was frustrating, because her friend was lying unconscious on a bed. And she couldn't do anything but wait until she woke up.

 

Facing each other they agreed on something silently. That was only between them only. They might fight and annoy each other but, they still cared for each other even if neither dared to voice it out loud.

 

"I'm going back to check on Yoohyeon in the infirmary." Yubin quickly said, turning her back away from the shorter girl.

 

Now that Bora was all alone, she began silently working again.

 

 

 

 

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked Yoohyeon while she was being monitored and checked of any signs.

 

Yoohyeon watched as the doctor who's name she discovered to be Wonho checked her. "I'm feeling okay," she answers. Wonho nodded continuing to check her vitals and the deep wound she had on her side.

 

"And how did you get this ugly wound on your right side?" He asked calmly.

 

Yoohyeon sighed, might as well tell him honestly. "Yesterday night I was sent to the outside to get a blood sample." She began as she reminisced yesterday's events. "I was in the dark woods, alone. I had a gun on me but, lost it when I tripped on my own to feet." Wonho snorted at that, Yoohyeon sent him a quick glare. He quickly apologized and motioned for her to continue. "Like I was saying, I tripped on my own two feet when a—" she swallows the lump on as she remembers those eyes. "A werewolf stood in front of m-me staring back at me with those y-yellow green eyes staring into my soul. I was scared as , I-I probably would've passed out right there and then. If I hadn't remembered that I had two precious girls, waiting for me." She finished, not wanting to get into much detail on what happened next. Wonho could imagine that it was terrible without Yoohyeon fully telling him.

 

"So that's how you got it." Yoohyeon nodded yes. Feeling herself become sleepy again.

 

Wonho got out from his chair covering Yoohyeon with the blanket as she tiredly went back to sleep in seconds.

 

Yubin who was behind the wall quietly listening, clenched her teeth, pain shooting through her jaw.

 

Whoever that werewolf was, was going to die a painful death for hurting Yoohyeon. 

 

She made it a promise and made her way to where Bora would be waiting for her.

 

 

 

 

Bora was so concentrated on fixing herself on the mirror to even notice a presence behind her.

 

"So how is it going so far?" 

 

"!" Bora screamed aloud as she punched the person behind her.

 

Yubin groaned in pain once receiving a punch on the stomach, kneeling forward from the punch she received. Maybe she shouldn't have accidentally scared Bora, she thought still feeling the emmanse pain in her stomach.

 

"Oh my god! Yubin?" Bora said in shock.

 

"The Yubin... you idiot," she mumbled. "I know you have no presence but, don't just come up behind me and scare me half to death you ." She scolded.

 

"U-understood." Yubin replied. She was never going to do that again, that's for sure.

 

Bora shook her head in disbelief at the girl. 

 

"S-so how are things with the video. Did you m-manage to get it?"

 

Bora carefully took out a USB from her desk drawer. 

 

"Of course!" Bora voiced with so much energy, Yubin felt like she was suffocating in it.

 

"Good." She replied back. Her stomach was still very much hurting from the heavy punch Bora gave her earlier. She glared at the girl once her back was turned to her.

 

"You know I can feel your eyes on me." Bora stated once she finished turning on her small tv and inserting the usb to the tv.

 

"I-I wasn't." Yubin quickly said, not wanting to admit to her actions.

 

Bora chuckles at the girl. "Whatever you say."

 

Both girls settled onto Bora's bed comfortably, before continuing the video from earlier.

 

Yoohyeon was seen passing through many corridors with a female woman by her side that she neither recognized.

 

"W-what is my assignment about?" Yoohyeon dared to ask but, the bunny looking woman ignored her question as they continued to pass through many more corridors.

 

"Through here." The woman motioned through a closed door.

 

Yoohyeon was confused and especially when she saw an acquaintance Dahyun in there looking nervously around.

 

"What was Dahyun doing in there?" Bora asked to herself being confused as well.

 

Bora had seen and talked to Dahyun a few times before but, the girl was always quite and timid.

 

Yubin shrugged looking at Bora, not knowing as well. "I don't know."

 

Bora frowned in deep thought, who was that girl accompanying Yoohyeon? They've never seen her before, have they?

 

Whipping her head to Yubin who was looking down on the floor, she had a sudden thought.

 

"I think we could just skip this part of the talk," Bora began saying making Yubin look back at the screen it was paused to. "You're right, and it seems that it was muted and cut off half way." Yubin agreed. She felt frustrated with everything, how was she supposed to help Yoohyeon if she was getting nothing except for some weird clues? Or maybe it wasn't weird and she was probably thinking so deeply into it. But, what if she's not?

 

"Argh, this is so frustrating Bora," Yubin groaned massaging her temple. Bora could see that it really bothered the younger girl, who was also their boss and friend to her and Yoohyeon.

 

She really cares for that tree branch. Bora thought but, was soon caught off by the alarm sounding and red blaring lights.

 

 

 

 

"What's going on?!" Yoohyeon quickly asks panicking as she looks around the infirmary room.

 

Wonho who looked as if he just ran a marathon shushed her. He took a deep breath and pulled out a pocket knife he found.

 

Yoohyeon looked at him weirdly. What the hell was going on!?

 

"Wonho," she calmly called, his hands were visibly shaking while holding the pocket knife in hand. He looked scared, as if he's just seen a ghost.

 

Wonho could feel himself mentally and physically breaking down. Why did they lie to them? And Dahyun...sh-she was dead. 

 

The word dead scared him, what if they find out and killed him too, for finding out the truth!?

 

Ripping out the needles in her arms wincing at the immense pain shooting through her arms. She carefully got up and slowly walked over to Wonho.

 

She carefully put her hand on his shoulder, trying not to startle him.

 

"Hey," she quietly said, watching as Wonho finally broke down in tears. It was all too much for him...

 

With a panicked look,  Yoohyeon gave him a comforting hug from the side, cradling his head to her side, careful to not hurt herself while doing it.

 

"Shh, it okay. Let it out." She sweetly said, rubbing his back.

 

"I-I'm sorry," he mumbled quietly, not daring to look at Yoohyeon.

 

Yoohyeon shook her head, still rubbing his back in comforting circles. "Don't worry Wonho." She whispers. She felt really worried for him and many questions where running through her head. And it wasn't helping that the alarms were ringing with blaring red lights, that were hurting her eyes.

 

"Do you know what triggered the alarms?" Yoohyeon asks.

 

Wonho froze in his seat, tensing at the memory that was slowly beginning to suffocate him alive.

 

"N-no." He simply said, looking back down to his hands as he nervously played with his hands.

 

Yoohyeon didn't seem to notice and just kept rubbing his back, until Wonho calmed down.

 

A knock was heard from the door.

 

A woman that Yoohyeon recognized came in, not bothering to look at her only setting her eyes on Wonho.

 

"Wonho can you come with me?" The woman asked in a monotone voice. Goosebumps covered Yoohyeon, her voice sounded so cold and almost dead.

 

Afraid of looking up Wonho stood up. He slowly raised his head to look at Yoohyeon with a sad smile. 

 

"You're good to go Yoohyeon." He lastly says, turning around to walk to the woman following her out the door.

 

Yoohyeon stood still her eyes following Wonho and Nayeon until they were out the door.

 

A weird feeling in her gut telling her that it would be the last time she would see Wonho.