Chapter 1

Wolf

Rapid footsteps followed behind Yoohyeon closely, chest heaving from lack of oxygen entering her body. She couldn't die here, not yet, that was not an option. She had to come home to her. She promised. 

 

Tears stream down her face in panic, Yoohyeon looks over her shoulder, briefly catching a glimpse of yellow green eyes staring back at her in hunger.

 

Fear spread throughout Yoohyeon's entire body, she quickly picked up her speed and began running through the dark empty streets, illuminated by lamp posts. Her only source of light and the bright moon shinning from above.

 

Yoohyeon walked quietly, trying to figure out where exactly she was. The yellow green eyes weren't any longer chasing her, the last time she stopped to check if she had lost it while running for her life.

 

Leaning against the cold cement wall, she catches her breathe, taking deep breathes that made her calm her racing heart. Her lips were quivering from the cold and anxiety she felt. I could've died. She thought to herself, letting out a sigh of relief.

 

It looks like she was safe. For now.

 

Looking up from the ground, Yoohyeon decided to check her surroundings more closely around her.

 

Wrapping her arms around herself, to keep warm, Yoohyeon began walking cautiously looking behind her every once in a while in worry.

 

After a few minutes of endless walking in the cold and tripping over air, Yoohyeon made it out of an alley where she believed it would lead to an open city. Obviously she thought, because she could hear all the people and cars passing by.

 

Cars and large buildings presented themselves once she stood next to a food store, selling ramen noodles.

 

God, I'm so hungry. Her stomach growled. her lips Yoohyeon watched from an open window as she watched people eat their noodles deliciously, in a non creepy way.

Apparently she was looking creepily, earning looks of discomfort from the people eating peacefully.

 

"Sorry.." she mumbled, bowing down in apology.

 

She continued walking ignoring the way how her poor heart desires the instant noodles. She whimpers.

 

Her stomach grumbled again, earning the attention of a few passerbys walking her way, sending her weird looks. Yoohyeon embarrassedly looked down hiding her face feeling herself becoming hot.

 

Yoohyeon sighed again looking ahead of her when she recognized a familiar laugh from the distance. She couldn't see the person's face well since she didn't have her contact lenses with her.

 

The loud and familiar laugh continued on as Yoohyeon made it to a store which sold really expensive clothes.

 

"Gahyeon?" Yoohyeon called squinting her eyes to make the young girls face kinda clear.

 

"Yoohyeon unnie? What are you doing here at night and wha—" 

 

"I don't have time to explain, can you help me with something. It's urgent." Yoohyeon emphasizes the last word. Gahyeon quickly understood, quickly waving "goodbye" to her friends that she needed to get home before she got in trouble.

 

Gahyeon sweetly smiled at them as she ran to Yoohyeon's side, taking her by the arm.

 

"What happened? Did something go wrong with—" Gahyeon began to question worriedly before getting cut off by Yoohyeon shushing her to be quiet and listen.

 

"I-I need you-," Yoohyeon winces, clenching her jaw in pain, she didn't want to worry Gahyeon, not when she was this close to dying today. "C-can you t-take me home." 

 

Gahyeon looks at her unnie with worried eyes as she simply nodded not saying another word.

 

-

 

"Are you going to tell me what happened out there?" Gahyeon began to say as she settled Yoohyeon on the couch of their home. Yoohyeon winced in pain, looking at Gahyeon giving her a weird look.

 

She shook her head. "It's nothing. I've just been pretty exhausted with work and you know." Yoohyeon motioned with her hands, biting her lip when she raised her arm a bit high. Gahyeon nodded in understanding. Yoohyeon was working for the both of them at the moment. Gahyeon would've helped Yoohyeon with the expenses, but the stubborn girl refused saying that she could earn extra money by doing jobs outside. Though Gahyeon didn't know what she meant by that.

 

Outside meaning, risking her life for "science" which was what Yoohyeon desperately wanted to tell Gahyeon except for the risking her life part. Yoohyeon failed to tell gahyeon out of fear that the younger girl would be the cause of her death if she did.

 

Gahyeon still didn't understand that, all she knew was that there were days where Yoohyeon would come home covered in blood and deep wounds on her body.

 

Yoohyeon was a strong woman, Gahyeon knew that to be a fact. Ever since Yoohyeon took her in as her sister. She's always seen, growing up, Yoohyeon as a strong and independent being, always willing to do things herself. Which Gahyeon found stupid at times, when she did stupid things for dumb reasons. But that's what makes yoohyeon, yoohyeon.

 

Her stubborn unnie.

 

"Yoohyeon unnie, when are you going to tell me what you do?" Gahyeon asked, already knowing the answer.

 

Yoohyeon sighed deeply, feeling herself start to feel dizzy. "Gahyeon, we've talked about this." Yoohyeon said, ending the conversation there as she got up to go to the bathroom.

 

Gahyeon sadly sighed, turning to look at a limping Yoohyeon as she entered the bathroom. She knew the girl would be there for quite awhile. Gahyeon wasn't stupid, she knew Yoohyeon was bleeding, but she guessed Yoohyeon didn't want to worry her.

 

The first time, Gahyeon accidentally walked in on Yoohyeon with a puddle of blood in the middle of their living, was the first time she had passed out of complete shock of the image of  Yoohyeon looking calm while blood pooled out of her stomach. She didn't know how Yoohyeon had survived by all the blood loss that day, but she was thankful to Yoohyeon's friend who scolded her unnie and helped her patch up.

 

Gahyeon grimaced at the image of a bloody Yoohyeon. She sighed, defeated. One thought running through her mind as she made her way upstairs to her room. 

 

What was Yoohyeon hiding from her?