jaywalk part 1

EVERYTHING KKUBI

JAYWALK : Step Back

 

"Captain Miyawaki Sakura, you are therefore dismissed from your position, and as punishment, you are demoted and shall be expected to report to the Traffic Control Department next week." 

Sakura started her day patrolling the busy city of Seoul. She looks around her post, trying to see if there might be anything happening. After looking around, she huffed a bored sigh. Nothing's happening... but that's what she thought.

"Ugh. Why do I have to do this traffic work? Tsk," Sakura grumbled. She was diligently watching from her post when a certain car approached her and stopped abruptly with a screech in front of her. The window of the passenger's seat lowered down. 

"Yah Miyawaki! Enjoying your view here?" The man asked in a mocking tone. 

Sakura looked at him with nothing but her infamous glare. "What a joke, Team Leader Chang. Very funny," she responded with a load of sarcasm. "You're just missing me because there's no competition," she added with one of her eyebrows raised. 

Team Leader Chang scoffed. "Women these days are so brazen. They don't know how to stay in their place. 'Competition'? Tss. There's no competition, Miyawaki. Cause we both know I got the Criminal Division wrapped around my finger." 

Chang's statement triggered Sakura's pent-up annoyance. 

Chang chuckled. "Seems like Miyawaki is charged up in anger. Keep up the vigor Miyawaki! Let's go, Han." Chang rolls back his window and they continue setting off to their destination. 

Sakura balled her fists tighter. Team A's Chang of the Criminal Division is such a pain in the . Her Team B is constantly compared and clashed against him. She blames Chang for what she is currently suffering today. 

But he deserved it. At least I got to give him a taste of my fist. I've been itching to give his ego a punch in the gut. 

She remembered how hurt Chang looked when he fell to the floor and looked up like a sad, spoiled child. She and her team are getting trash-talked by Chang so she did what she had to do and stood up to him— with her mighty fist. While it felt good to trample Chang's ego like that, she ended up getting demoted for a month for using violence and hurting a fellow officer, which is against ethics. Everything even happened inside the station after all. 

Sakura kept thinking about how angry she was when a small truck honked loudly. She was immediately brought back to the present and was faced by a raging driver. 

"YAH WOMAN! ARE YOU GETTING YOURSELF KILLED!?" 

Sakura thought it was for her but realized it wasn't. She was about to look in the direction the driver was looking until someone crashed onto her. 

 

"Ah!"  "Urgh."

 

And they both fell together...

 

With Sakura ending up on top of the person.

 

"What the hell..." 

"AHHHH!!!" She suddenly heard someone scream at the top of their lungs. 

A sharp gasp and a hit to Sakura's chest. 

"What are you doing on top of me!?" Sakura shot her eyes open and was forced to stand up as she tried to avoid the person's multiple hits directed at her. 

"W-wait!" She tried to deflect the person's hit but she was still quite disoriented from the little commotion that she was unsuccessful in her attempt and received one huge blow to her face. "OW!" 

She held her nose that got most of the impact and forced her eyes open to a glare directed to a woman covering her chest defensively by hugging her shoulder bag as close to herself. 

"Yah! How could you do that to me!?" Sakura asked in a growl. 

"You— ERT!" The woman yelled to her. 

Sakura scoffed and looked around briefly in her surroundings. "YOU did something first. You definitely jaywalked earlier!" She pointed accusingly to the woman. 

"I didn't! The truck was supposed to slow down but it didn't. I'm really in a hurry so I just did it!" 

"So you DID jaywalk!" Sakura confirmed. 

"Okay, okay! I already did!" The woman finally admitted. She heard her watch ring its alarm and looked at it. "!" She muttered under her breath. "I'm so late!" The woman started to run to cross another street— this time properly along the crosswalk. 

"HEY! I'm not yet done, come back—!" She was about to chase the woman when she got honked at by an 8-wheeler truck making her back off. 

"YAH! DO YOU WANT TO GET YOURSELF KILLED!?"