They Come In A Set, Do Not Separate

Hyunsic Collection

Jessica has promised Tiffany that they will adopt a child one day. And today was the day. But Jessica promised her wife that they would adopt A child. A CHILD. Singular. One ing child only. 

 

But there were currently three kids in front of her with the same faces, next to her wife who’s currently using the ultimate puppy eyes with pouty lips against her.

 

And Jessica was just Jessica. She’s so damn in love with her wife and of course she can’t say no to that face. But she didn’t think they could afford to take care of three children.

 

“Baby….”

 

She trailed off, her eyes on Tiffany whose eyes started to go watery. Jessica took a deep breath.

 

“We can’t afford to take care of three children Tiffany”

 

Jessica rarely calls her Tiffany, and that’s made her eyes even more teary.

 

Seeing her wife's beautiful eyes started to become even more glossy. She took another deep breath and averted her eyes to the three children in front of her. A triplets.

 

She wanted to take only one of them home but the caretaker, Mrs Jo Haseul said.

 

“Oh I’m sorry Mrs Hwang Jung, you can’t take only one, you need to take all three. They’re a set you see, you can’t separate them”

 

And also along the lines that she once did separated them by letting one of them get adopted. It doesn’t end very well.

 

She allowed Yerim, the 2nd youngest of them, to get adopted by the Choi. After a week, she then woke up to hundreds of missed calls by Choi Sooyoung, saying that Yerim was missing only to find her in the triplets’ bedroom. 

 

The eldest and the youngest of them, Hyunjin and Hyejoo, apparently snuck out and managed to bring their sister back. And that wasn’t the only time they did that. Hyejoo, who was adopted by the Son family, also managed to be brought back to the orphanage by her sisters.

 

And now, it was Hyunjin’s turn to get adopted. But Mrs Jo was hundred percent sure that if she was the only one who got adopted, she would make sure to find a way to come back to the orphanage to be with her younger sisters. So Mrs Jo had no choice but to offer Jessica three of them. It’s either she adopts all three, or doesn’t adopt them at all.

 

She stared at the infants. All of them were 5 years old. She was known to have a very cold glare. Usually kids will be afraid of her. Just like earlier, she didn’t know how but she managed to make a few kids cry just by looking at them.

 

But these three, none of them falter. 

 

Hyunjin, she assumed. The oldest of the three was staring at her just as hard. With no emotions at all. While Yerim, the middle child of the triplets, just stared at her with a wide smile. Like sunshine. And the last one, Hyejoo. Looking (glaring?) at her with a frown on her triangle shaped lips. 

 

It’s kinda hard to tell them apart. Especially when Jessica is kinda forgetful. But she thought maybe Tiffany could help her. Because the younger one is already able to differentiate them even though they just met for the second time.

 

“Hello miss”

 

Hyunjin broke the silence.

 

“Are you going to adopt us?”

 

She said with an emotionless voice. Very similar to a certain someone.

 

“I don’t know, maybe?”

 

Jessica answered in an equally emotionless voice too. Like I said, very similar to a certain someone.

 

“Can you please adopt us three please”

 

Yerim said in a hopeful voice with puppy eyes. Also very similar to someone.

 

“Please do not adopt us”

 

Hyejoo said in a deadpan voice.

 

Even though the three of them practically look the same, it seems easy to differentiate them by their personalities. 

 

Jessica took another deep breath and looked at her wife.

 

“Do you really want them?”

 

She arched her eyebrows.

 

“Yes”

 

Tiffany pouted even harder and went behind Hyunjin. She grabbed Hyunjin and gently lifted her so that Hyunjin’s face was on the same level as Jessica’s. 

 

“Like look at her! She’s like the counterpart of you! She even has canines. Open up Hyunjin ah~”

 

Hyunjin followed her orders and opened to show off her two perfect canines. They’re very visible and obvious. 

 

Jessica just stared at her. No wonder Tiffany was so adamant on adopting Hyunjin. It must be because of the canines. Tiffany loves Jessica’s canines so much. She must’ve saw Hyunjin’s canines and wanted her on the spot. 

 

Jessica just left out a deep sigh and looked at Tiffany. The younger woman was looking at her with hopeful eyes. 

 

She then averted her eyes to Hyunjin. The eldest among the triplets was just staring at her blankly. Then she looked down to the other two. Yerim was also looking at her with hopeful (and sparkly? Jessica swear she can see sparkle in it) eyes. While Hyejoo just looked at her blankly just like Hyunjin.

 

She took a deep breath, and inhaled shakily while saying.

 

“Fine….. We’re adopting them”

 

Tiffany broke out into a wide smile and squealed loudly while lifting Hyunjin even higher and hugged the kid. She then did the same to the other two. 

 

Jessica just smiled softly seeing how happy Tiffany was.

 

“But!” 

 

She said loudly, grabbing Tiffany’s attention.

 

“Do not blame me if I don’t give attention to them. I’m a busy woman, Tiffany”

 

Hearing that, Tiffany just nodded and smiled even wider. Because she knows.

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t” 

 

She singsonged.

 

-----

 

*5 days later*


 

“Don’t give attention huh?”

 

Tiffany snickered. She just woke up and was shocked to see that all of the triplets were in bed with her and Jessica.

 

“Syhhh, they’re sleeping!”

 

Jessica harshly whispered and gently patted the three children that all bundled up around her. Hyunjin was sleeping on her right side, curling up against her. The same with Hyejoo but on her left side. She was in between Jessica and Tiffany. As for Yerim, she was sprawled on top of the brunette.

 

—-

 

It was raining heavily last night. Both Jessica and Tiffany were in deep sleep but then someone knocked on their bedroom door. Jessica has always been a heavy sleeper but she didn’t know how she could woke up by the knocking.

 

She opened the door to find a teary eyed Yerim. Her maternal instincts kicked in and immediately scoped the child into her arms. 

 

“Yerim? Why are you crying? Syhh syhh stop crying please”

 

She gently cooed while rocking the kid in her hold.

 

“Thun— thunder”

 

She spoke in a tiny voice and tightened her grips around Jessica’s neck.

 

“Eom— eomma, can I sleep with you?”

 

She looked Jessica in the eyes. Her eyes were red due to the crying, the same with her nose. Jessica’s heart fluttered when she heard Yerim calling her eomma. They have decided that the triplets should call her ‘eomma’ and Tiffany ‘mommy’.

 

“Please?”

 

She pleaded in an even tinier voice. Jessica smiled softly and kissed her forehead. She then gently put the infant’s head on top of her shoulder and whispered.

 

“Yes baby, of course you can”

 

And brought Yerim inside. 

 

She then was woken up with a shake on her arm by someone. She opened her eyes to see there was nobody. She then just shrugged it off and just closed her eyes only to be shaken up again. She looked to her right to find a tiny hand grabbing her arm.

 

She looked at the edge to find Hyejoo looking up at her.

 

“Hyejoo? What are you doing?”

 

“Yerim’s missing”

 

Hyejoo replied in a worried voice. She woke up to an empty space beside her and she was worried.

 

Jessica just chuckled and brought the kid up on the bed. She then showed her Yerim that was already soundly asleep in between her and Tiffany.

 

“Oh. There is Yerim”

 

“Yes, Yerim is here with us”

 

“Why is Yerim here?”

 

“Yerim said she’s afraid of thunder”

 

“Oh yes Yerim scared of thunder”

 

“....”

 

“Did she cry?”

 

“Yes she did”

 

“Oh”

 

“....”

 

“She usually wakes me up when she cries”

 

“Well she woke me up this time”

 

“Is she going to sleep here until tomorrow morning?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Oh”

 

“Yeah”

 

Then it went silent.

 

“.... Can I sleep here too?”

 

Hyejoo broke the silence and she looked at Jessica with puppy eyes. Jessica giggled at her cuteness and bopped the infant’s nose.

 

“Yes you can”

 

“Can I sleep next to mommy?”

 

She pointed at Yerim’s spot. She likes to be near Tiffany.

 

“But Yerim already sleeping there Hyejoo ah”

 

“Pleaseeeee”

 

She begged and shaked Jessica’s arm again. 

 

“Ah fine”

 

She then scotted to the right a little and brought Yerim along. Leaving a space between Yerim and Tiffany so that Hyejoo can slip in.

 

“There”

 

Hyejoo just stared at the space without moving.

 

“Hyejoo? There I have made a spa—“

 

“But I want to sleep next to you too”

 

She ended up moving Yerim to her right sight and Hyejoo happily situated herself in between Jessica and Tiffany.

 

Jessica sighed in relief and closed her eyes, ready to fall asleep again. She then remembered something.

 

“Hyejoo ah”

 

She turned to her left and whispered, calling the youngest triplets.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Did you leave your Hyunjin unnie alone?”

 

“Yes”

 

She groaned and went down from the bed to go and take Hyunjin because she didn’t want the eldest triplets to wake up alone without her sisters next to her.

 

And that’s how Tiffany found her position the next morning. But she didn’t remember how Yerim managed to climb on top of her.

 

—-

 

Tiffany just chuckled and gently pried Hyejoo off Jessica so that she could hug her. It woke the youngest triplets up and she whined. When she opened her eyes and saw Tiffany’s face, her whines immediately stopped and she buried herself in Tiffany’s embrace.

 

“Are you okay with Yerim on top of you? There, put her next to Hyejoo”

 

When she pulled Hyejoo into her embrace, it left a spot between Hyejoo and Jessica.

 

Jessica gently brought her hands under Yerim and was about to pick her up, Yerim woke up and snuggled even closer. She clenched on Jessica’s shirt.

 

“Yerim ah, eomma want to move you on the bed”

 

Tiffany said and went through the child’s hair with her left hand.

 

“Hnnn noo”

 

Yerim whined and shook her head.

 

“Oh well”

 

Jessica exclaimed.

 

“Just let her sleep on top of me, I’m fine”

 

Tiffany scoffed.

 

“What is it about ‘not giving attention’ again?”

 

She mocked her while doing the quotation hand gesture.

 

“It’s not even been a week Jessica”

 

“Shut up, I’m going back to sleep”

 

She mumbled. Being woken up twice really takes a toll on her sleep.

 

“And you should sleep too, it’s saturday. We can sleep in”

 

Both of them then fall asleep.

 

20 minutes later.

 

“Eomma, Hyunjin hungry”

 

Jessica groaned loudly.

 

——

 

“Oh wow, you? Cooking? On Saturday morning at 8am? For Hyunjin? What is it about not giving attention again”

 

Tiffany snickered and circled her arms around Jessica’s waist. The businesswoman was cooking fried rice for the rest of them.

 

Hyunjin woke her up and demanded breakfast. Consisting bread. 

 

“Hyunjin was forcing me to feed her”

 

“You would have woken me up”

 

“Hmmm”

 

“I know you like them already”

 

“No comment”

 

“Softie. Eomma Jessica is a softie”

 

“Baby please stop before I throw this spatula at you”

 

Tiffany giggled and kissed Jessica’s cheeks. She could feel the heat radiating from it as the older woman blushed. She then let go of Jessica and went to see Hyunjin happily chomping on her bread.

 

“Good morning Hyunjin~~~”

 

She eyesmiled and picked up the child so that she could sit and situated Hyunjin on top of her. She then kissed her forehead while grabbing the napkin to clean Hyunjin’s face that was full of breadcrumbs.

 

“Good morning mommy”

 

Hyunjin smiled her canine smile and that made Tiffany squeal.

 

Jessica finished cooking the fried rice and was serving it in 4 plates. For both her and the other two triplets. Hyunjin was already full, eating her bread.

 

“Where's Yerim and Hyejoo?”

 

She asked while putting the plates on the table.

 

“They were dressing up earlier on”

 

“Hmm let me check up on them”

 

Jessica then saw Tiffany's little smirk and cut her off when the younger woman was about to open .

 

“Yes yes I gave them a lot of attention now shut up. I know you already saw this going to happen Tiffany. You were grinning the moment I said those words”

 

“Hehe”

 

Tiffany giggled and Jessica just rolled her eyes with a little smile. She then went to triplets room.

 

“Yerim, Hyejoo. Come down to eat”

 

The moment she opened the door, she felt a force on her leg and almost fell down. She looked down to find Yerim grinning at her.

 

“Up up!”

 

Yerim was signalling her to pick her up.

 

Jessica grinned back and picked the infant up.

 

“Good morning Yerim”

 

She said sweetly while kissing the child’s face, tickling her and making her giggle.

 

“Hehehe good morning eomma”

 

She then felt someone tugging her pants. She looked down and saw Hyejoo.

 

“Wanna up to”

 

She smiled gently and turned around then crouched down. Hyejoo smiled and hopped onto Jessica’s back.

 

Jessica doesn’t have lots of strength so she did her very best to try and stand up while holding Yerim and piggybacking Hyejoo.

 

She managed to stand up with wobbly legs.

 

Hyejoo giggled.

 

“Good morning Eomma, you’re shaking”

 

“That is because you two are heavy”

 

“We’re not!” 

 

Both of them exclaimed at the same time.

 

“You’re just weak”

 

Yerim huffed. Jessica just laughed and brought them downstairs with a little difficulty.

 

“Oh wow, both of them? You don’t even carry me nowadays Jessi”

 

Tiffany arched her eyebrows the moment she saw Jessica with Yerim and Hyejoo.

 

“You’re heavy”

 

“Hey!”

 

“She said that to us too!”

 

Yerim exclaimed. Jessica then put her down on the chair next to Tiffany.

 

“Eomma Jessica is a meanie isn’t she”

 

Tiffany said to Yerim and the little girl just giggled agreeing with her.

 

Jessica then put Hyejoo on a chair next to her. She then situated herself at the dining table. Hyejoo patted her lap the moment she sat down.

 

“Yes Hyejoo?”

 

“Wanna sit like Hyunjin unnie”

 

Hyejoo pointed out to Hyunjin that was happily sitting on Tiffany’s lap.

 

“But—“

 

“Please eomma”

 

Hyejoo used her puppy eyes again.

 

“Fine”

 

Hyejoo smiled brightly and crawled to Jessica’s laps. She tilted her head upwards to grin at Jessica. Jessica just patted her head gently. She then counted silently inside her head.

 

“One, two, three”

 

“I want to sit on eomma’s laps too!”

 

She heard Yerim’s whines. She knew it. Didn’t want to argue with her, as she was so hungry. She just moved Hyejoo so that the youngest triplets was sitting on her left thigh. She then patted her right one.

 

“Here, come here”

 

Yerimm happily hopped off her chair and Jessica picked her up to put on her laps.

 

Tiffany just smiled brightly. Just in 5 days the kids already got too attached to Jessica. Well at least her Hyunjin is loyal to her.

 

“Don’t you want to sit with eomma too Hyunjin ah?”

 

She playfully asked Hyunjin.

 

“Nope, Hyunjin loves mommy”

 

Hyunjin replied while turning around and hugged Tiffany.

 

“Oh so you don’t love eomma?”

 

She asked in a fake hurt voice. Hyunjin looked at her with an emotionless stare.

 

“No”

 

“Hey!”

 

And that’s it. The Hwang Jungs now officially consists of 5 people. Maybe more in the future, who knows.

-----

This has been in my list of wips for how long lol. It actually got inspired by this one Taeny fanfic where Taeyeon want to adopt Minho but she needs to adopt his siblings too. I think the idea is so cute.