You're not my dad pt i

Hyunsic Collection

 

 

Hyunjin has always looked up to her father. He’s her hero, her idol and someone she really adores. He’s strong, he always carries her around like she weighs as light as a feather. He’s brave, always protects her everytime they watch scary movies or go to haunted houses. He’s also very sporty, will always teach Hyunjin every sport she wants to learn, he will jog around the park with Hyunjin on his back and he will never break a sweat. Hyunjin loves him. He’s everyone’s dreamed father, so perfect, so fatherly like. But one day Hyunjin found out, he’s not a perfect husband.

 

Hyunjin hates Jessica Jung. A mean woman. Totally the opposites of her father that she always looks up to. She’s weak, because she has anemia and she always needs medicine after she carries Hyunjin around. She’s a scaredy cat. Instead of protecting Hyunjin from scary movies and haunted houses, she will be the first one to scream, cry even. Jessica hates sports, she will never run, all she does is jog on the treadmill for 5 minutes and do some palates. Hyunjin hates her. She’s definitely not the perfect parent figure for her. Jessica is always busy, being a CEO of a clothing company. She works literally everywhere. Jessica always picked her up late from the school saying she was in some meetings. Her dad would never do that. Her dad prioritizes her and Jessica doesn't.

 

Hyunjin being the mischievous little kid that she is, always causes problems for Jessica. To stop from being her new parent, her new mother. Hyunjin doesn’t need another mother. She needs a father figure, not someone like Jessica. Hyunjin did everything she could to get rids of her. Place cucumbers on top of her when she’s asleep, in her meal, she even slipped inside her work bag. Hyunjin knows how much Jessica hates cucumber, she expects Jessica to just give it up from being her new parent, but Jessica didn’t. Hyunjin always wonders why Jessica is so adamant to be close to her. Hyunjin did everything she could to make the woman hate her, and Hyunjin is pretty sure the woman hates her already, but she keeps on trying to bond with Hyunjin.

 

Hyunjin then found out that Jessica hates kids. Really hate kids. Her parents divorced when she was 15 and she was forced to take care of her father’s kids. That motherer has his own family it seems. Jessica was forced to take care of them at the age of 15. Jessica has hated kids ever since. Jessica once brought Hyunjin to her office only for her workers to be shocked by it. Hyunjin, being a nosy kid that she is, because she’s Tiffany’s daughter, asked Jessica’s assistant about the workers reaction. She said that Jessica has always hated kids. She even swore that she will never have kids, she rather dies alone. Hyunjin was confused, Jessica never showed her any hatred, no matter how naughty and bad Hyunjin was to her. She did not believe what Jessica’s assistant said and she then showed Hyunjin a video of Jessica babysitting her best friend's kid, Jessica looks so disgusted and annoyed while doing so. Jessica never does that to her. Hyunjin was confused.

 

 

After 5 months full of torturing Jessica, Hyunjin finally understands the reason why. Jessica is a lovesick fool. No one ever looks so dumbly in love as Jessica. Hyunjin knows her father loved Tiffany, she has seen him looking like she’s the sun, an angel. But apparently it didn’t last long. Hyunjin is only a kid, she didn’t know that the way her father looks at her mother has changed. It was no longer love. Hyunjin didn’t know what it was. She then finally understands what it was, Hyunjin’s father has found a new woman. A woman who he looks at the same way he used to look at her mom. He only uses her to satisfy his lust, or that's what Jessica said that day. They were forced to hang out in the house together as Tiffany wants to meet her old friends.

 

“Hey mean woman” Hyunjin practically yelled to get Jessica's attention because they were sitting far from each other.

“I have a name you know” Jessica rolled her eyes, this kid, I swear to god.

“I don’t want to call you, your name”

“Then call me mommy”

“NO WAY” Hyunjin shirked. Jessica chuckled, this kid always acts like she’s a monster or something.

“Why are you sitting so far away?”

“I don’t like you”

“That's old news Hyunjin, everyone knows that already. Come here, I won’t hug you or something, don’t worry”

Jessica pats the empty space beside her, and scoots over to the left to give Hyunjin some spaces between them. Hyunjin moved from her place to Jessica’s grumpily. It’s kinda funny, because a grumpy Hyunjin really looks like Jessica when she’s in the same mood. Everyone always wondered whether Hyunjin came from Tiffany or Jessica, because the resemblance between her and Jessica is uncanny.

Hyunjin sat on the empty space beside Jessica on the couch, she then proceeds to scoot to the right to lean back against the couch armrest.

“So?”

“So what?”

Hyunjin hugged her fox plushie tightly against her stomach, Jessica smiled at that, as someone who claimed to hate Jessica so much, she really loved Jessica’s gift for her birthday.

“Do you want to ask me something? You won’t initiate any conversation if you don’t want something for me”

Hyunjin hates this, hates the fact that Jessica is so observant, even her father won’t notice things like this.

“When will you give up?”

Jessica chuckles, of course they will have this conversation again. Honestly, Jessica wants to give up long ago, eversince she barged into Tiffany’s house and punched the out of her ex-husband, eversince she stood up after pummeling that bastard’s face, eversince she saw the looks on Hyunjin’s face full of hatred, because Jessica hurts her father. Jessica knows how much Hyunjin loves her father, oh believe her, that kid won’t shut the up about his strong and brave father. Jessica wants to give up. Because she already did once and look what happened to the woman she loves.

“I did”

“Huh?”

“I did it once Hyunjin, I once give up”

“I do not understand”

“Your mom will kill me if I tell you about this”

“You’re Jessica Jung, you’re not supposed to be afraid of everyone, especially mom”

Jessica stared at Hyunjin, it seems like everyone’s expression about Jessica got to Hyunjin too. It’s true, she’s Jessica Jung, the CEO of Blanc & Eclare clothing brand at the age of 23. A powerful young woman. Jessica is not supposed to be afraid of everyone, everyone is supposed to be afraid of her.

“I’m not scared of your mom Hyunjin, she can’t even hurt a fly”

“You said that she will kill you if you tell me”

“She will be sad, and her being sad kills me”

“You’re so…. I don’t even know what to describe you. Daddy never said things like that about mom”

“Hyunjin, when will you realize your father never loved her? And I do, I love her, that’s why I will never give up being close to you, to show you that I can be your new parent. Because I did give up before Hyunjin. I give up from continuing loving your mom. And see what happened, she ends up with that bastard”

“Do not call him that!”

“How do you say that word?”

Jessica is a classy woman, she will never curse around that easily, only when she’s mad, like right now. So she wondered where Hyunjin learnt that word, because it was absolutely not from her.

“I—” Hyunjin stuttered.

“I know where you hear that word Hyunjin ah, it what people has been call him, because he’s not a nice man, and you always know that”

Jessica is not stupid, and so is Hyunjin, Hyunjin is so smart for 5 years old, she knows that Hyunjin knows everything. Ever since the beginning. Hyunjin was the reason Tiffany didn’t end up being abused sometimes, she knows her father's weakness is her, so she used it to help Tiffany. She always knew.

“He’s—he’s a nice—”

“He’s not a nice man Hyunjin ah. He has another woman whom he loves deeply other than your mom. He keeps being with her only for , to satisfy his lust. Your mom will kill me if she knows I told you this, but you need to know. He. Is. Not. A. Good. Man”

Jessica emphasised every word. Hyunjin chokes on her tears, she wants to keep believing that her hero is a nice man, even though deep down she knows he’s not. Not wanting to see the kid crying, Jessica scoots closer, and doesn't care that she just broke her promise of not hugging her. She knows it will be hard for Hyunjin. She was in her shoes too. Jessica gently placed her arms under Hyunjin’s arms and brought her to her chest.

“Syhh syhh, let it out, I know you know about it all along Hyunjin ah”

Jessica slowly lay down and kept rubbing and petting Hyunjin’s back, to soothe her. This is the closest they ever were to each other. Hyunjin’s keep crying until she’s tired and eventually falls asleep, and as for Jessica, she follows right after.

Tiffany came back to the house only to find Jessica and Hyunjin out cold on the couch.

They have resolved everything, I guess.

She slowly approached them, afraid that she would wake them up, she noticed all those tears streak on Hyunjin’s cheeks. She finally lets it out. Hyunjin is a smart girl, and Tiffany knows that's why she wants Jessica to bond with her, they both practically the same, caught up in lies thinking that their fathers were some heroes to them, when they are just plain bastards. She also noticed how Jessica wrapped her arms around Hyunjin protectively. Jessica may hate kids, but she did raise lots of them, so Tiffany worried whenever she left Hyunjin alone with Jessica. Not wanting Jessica to have a backache, she slowly pried Jessica's arms from Hyunjin but the older woman only grunted and held her tighter. Tiffany chuckled.

“Baby?” She called Jessica

“Baby wake up, let’s sleep on the bed” Tiffany kissed Jessica’s forehead, like a magic, Jessica slowly woke up.

“Huh? Oh hi honey, you’re home already” She yawned

“Let’s get you and Hyunjin to bed”

“Sure”

Tiffany wanted to carry Hyunjin but Jessica caught her off guard by pulling the kid closer to her chest and just scooping her up. Tiffany looks in awe, this is the first time Jessica carried Hyunjin with ease, without any yelling or fussing or crying. Finally,

“Let’s get to bed” Jessica yawned while offering her left elbow as she’s carrying Hyunjin with both of her arms. Tiffany chuckles.

“Yeah let’s” Tiffany held the offered elbow.

And for the first time ever, Hyunjin slept with them.