Stay Alive

Stay With Me

3 Years ago

It's been a tough week for Dahyun as Sana wasn't there with her as she went to Japan, she has no idea why but when the girl asked she just said some family emergency in a short answer, No calls No texts for a week. Dahyun understands Sana, she never misses a chance to get to talk to Dahyun it must have been hard on Sana she thought every time about the older girl

 

Dahyun sent message


Dahyun: I miss you love ♥️ seen

Dahyun: I hope you are taking care of yourself...(seen)

Dahyun: I Love you my shasha ♥️(seen)

Dahyun: Today, I'm going out with pj, she said there is this restaurant which has nice tteokbokki...we will go there after we finish our assignment...

Dahyun: oh she said hi! :D (seen)

Dahyun: I really miss you shasha, I miss your voice, I miss your touch...I miss your body under mine...the mattress under me is soft but you know, I prefer your body wink :p comeback soon... you said Two days and it's been 4 days...sigh

Dahyun: Babe? Are you okay? Are you getting married or what? hahaha I know your parents are forcing you...tell me if I have to fight your parents again?

Dahyun: I miss you ♥️ I went out with pj to Hanriver today and really I missed you a lot babe..

Dahyun: At this point, I would like to file a missing complaint ..just kidding...

Dahyun: Get me some pocky when you come back...

My shasha: I'm coming tomorrow

Dahyun: I'll come to pick you up at the airport, tell me at what time?

 babe???

shasha

sigh

Dahyun had this week pretty hectic, having classes and a lot of assignments to finish as it was her final semester and her graduation day not far away, Dahyun had just finished a long, exhausting day, and all she wanted was to relax but she remembered that Sana is coming today and she checked her watch for the time w, but when the girl is coming? she checked her mobile for her message Seen but No reply . It frustrates her as it won't take a long time to just send the time of her flight! As she entered their cozy apartment, Dahyun slumped down on the couch with a sigh feeling the weight of the day as well and approached her mobile with a warm smile and texted Sana I'm on my way to the airport.

Dahyun reached the airport and was waiting for Sana for almost 3 hours, but there is no sign of Sana. She checked her mobile for any message but no. Dahyun texted Jihyo about her waiting for Sana and they were texting for almost 1 hour. When Dahyun was giggling at her texts that's when she heard a familiar voice Who are you texting and giggling at . dahyun looked up to Sana who is frowning at dahyun.

Dahyun just jumped on the elder girl and tightly embraced her I missed you shasha she screamed. Sana repeated again without reciprocating the hug. "Who are you texting?" Dahyun smiled at her jealous girlfriend and replied "it was jihyo, she was talking about this new guy crushing over her" Listening it was Jihyo she felt relief and hugged Dahyun back so tight and kissed her cheek " I missed you so much my munchkin"
dahyun broke the hug and raised her eyebrow "You didn't even text me back all week and ignored me and you say miss me?" Sana gave a smile and peck on her lips.

Conversation in car

Dahyun smiled softly "It feels like forever since I last saw you, baby. I missed you so much this past week".

Sana was Silent, looking tired and hungry Dahyun Glancing at Sana and noticing her exhaustion

"Are you alright, baby? You seem really tired. We can grab something to eat on our way home if you want."

Sana Shakes her head weakly, indicating that she doesn't want to go to a restaurant.

Dahyun Understanding her reluctance "Okay, I got it. Don't worry, we'll be home soon, and I'll make sure we have food ready for you".

Sana Nods weakly, still silent.

Dahyun Continues talking, unaware of Sana's sleepiness "You won't believe the week I had at college. There was this amazing guest lecture, and I learned so much. Oh, and Jihyo and I went to that new cafe. I wish you could have been there with us."

Dahyun looked at Sana and noticed she was sleeping, she took her hands into hers and intertwined Gently caresses her hand while driving

"You're so precious, babe. I can't help but admire your pretty sleeping face". she smiles affectionately.

Dahyun gave one last look at sana before she turns her face towards the road suddenly a truck hit their car from her left side she tried to balance the steering but it's uncontrollable with the tires screech it lost balance and somersaulted through the air for three times. It crashed back to the ground, its wheels no longer in contact with the road.

Dahyun slowly opened her eyes to see sana, while unbuckling her seatbelt and turns to Sana,

"Sana, are you alright? Can you hear me?"

Sana Groaning in pain "It hurts, Dahyun. I'm scared."

Dahyun Panicking, but trying to remain calm "Shh, baby, Look at me! Sana turned to her it's going to be okay. Just stay awake and focus on me. I will call for Help"

Dahyun slid her hand in her pocket and looked at her phone which is totally damaged. she tried to open the door to get out but suddenly, the car shakes again, causing Dahyun to realize that her leg is trapped.

Dahyun Calling out to Sana urgently "Sana! Wake up! Are you okay?" tapped her cheek and noticed blood from her ear, dahyun was scared again to lose sana, and she struggled to get her leg out.

Sana Struggling to keep her eyes open "Dahyun... I'm here... I'm... okay..."

Dahyun Tears welling up in her eyes "Sana, baby I love you so much. We're going to make it through this. Just hold on, please."

Sana nodded and she noticed the blood oozing from dahyun head "dahyunah...Dahyunah... I love you too. Stay with me."

she whispered slowly, Dahyun turned to her holding the pain excruciating from her head which she holding to stay awake.

"I want to say something" sana struggling to say

Dahyun slowly closes her eyes whispering "P-Please...s..stay alive" feeling a mix of fear and love in her heart. Before she drifts off, she hears Sana's soft voice.

"dahyunah our-" Sana lost consciousness.

Present
Sana jerked from her slumber and opened her eyes and was searching for something or someone "Dahyunah" she started screaming. doctors ran towards her and sedated her to calm her down. after a few minutes, Sana slowly drifted back to sleep. Sana's Mom was watching her while crying "Just give me one day Sana, Dahyun will be here" She was scared after listening to the doctor letting her know about the possible trauma of the accident.

---------------

Dahyun walked into her new apartment and sighs when her Four-year-old baby brother Kim Ji-ho ran inside following her. ji-ho excitedly looked around the apartment. "Noona, look at our new home! It's so big and nice!" "Alright, ji-Ho, this is our new home. Just try not to break anything, okay?" She said with that disinterested look

all these three weeks they were together. She was rude at first but the kid was so persistent in irritating her and annoying the hell out of her with his immense love, adorable cuteness with added clinginess, and finally, she gave in after two days. She has to agree that she has a soft spot for this kid the very first time she saw him as he lost his mother after she gave birth to him and my dad was always busy giving no time to his kids, its nothing new to her but the fact, he used to play with ji-ho someway shocked her but later she understood as it's his last days struggling with cancer after his death now Ji-ho's responsibility is on her now, as she is the only family he left with...and same goes for her. her mother never cared about her and her dad was always busy, so she know how it would be, 'but this kid is oddly so enthusiastic and so clingy' she thought.

Dahyun stood by the window, her gaze fixed on the passing cars outside. Her little stepbrother, Jiho, toddled around the room, his eyes full of innocence and adoration. He waddled over to Dahyun, a bright smile on his face. his waddles remind her of someone, someone whom she left without notice. there was never a day in these three weeks she forget about her. All their memories are with her. She thinks her life is a curse for carrying all the memories of people she loves but never get to be happy with them.

Jiho ran to dahyun "Noona, look! Look what I found! It's my favorite toy!"

Dahyun turned her attention briefly to Jiho, her tone still distant but attempting to be gentle. "Oh, that's nice, Jiho. I'm glad you found your toy".

Jiho's eyes lit up, his excitement palpable as he held out the toy towards Dahyun.

"Let's play together, Noona! We can have so much fun!"

Dahyun hesitated, trying to find the right words, aware of the fragility of Jiho's young heart.

"Jiho-ya! I have work, I need to get back" She ruffled his hair. Jiho looked up at Dahyun with innocent eyes, trying to understand her words.

"You don't like playing with me, Noona?" Dahyun knelt down to Jiho's eye level, her voice filled with sincerity

"No Jiho, that's not what I mean..but I promise I'll make an effort to spend more time with you and get to know you better."

Jiho wrapped his little arms around Dahyun, his tiny heart overflowing with love.

Jiho"I love you, Dahyun Noona!"

Dahyun just nodded and stood up

For their dinner Jiho sat at the kitchen table, looking at his plate with a disappointed expression. It was filled with egg rolls, yet again. He sighed and mustered up the courage to voice his complaint to Dahyun, who was busy preparing some more.
"Noona! do we have to eat egg rolls again? You always make them, and I'm getting tired of it."


Dahyun glanced at Jiho, a hint of surprise on her face. "Oh, Jiho, I thought you liked egg rolls. They're quick and easy to make, and you used to enjoy them before."
"it was before Noona and you make them every day so I'm tired of it, It's the only thing you know how to cook, and I want to try different foods," he said frowning.
"I know many recipes to cook... it's just...I thought you loved egg rolls and they are healthy too" dahyun said in a casual tone.

after their banters dahyun wanted to show him she can cook other recipes than egg rolls, when Dahyun and Jiho stood in front of the kitchen stove, their latest culinary experiment turned disastrous. Smoke billowed and the pungent smell of burnt food filled the air. They exchanged sheepish glances and Jiho said "Let's go eat egg rolls noona"


"I can cook" dahyun slowly whispered which is audible to Jiho
"you literally burnt the kitchen noona"
"Tomorrow after school I'll cook pasta for you" she challenged
Jiho nodded in agreement, a mischievous glimmer in his eyes.
"And, make sure to have a fire extinguisher nearby, just in case."

Dahyun burst into laughter, playfully nudging Jiho. Dahyun and Jiho cleaned up the kitchen, their laughter echoing through the house.
Dahyun tucked Jiho in bed and walked to her room, lightened her cigarette and puffed a smoke, she opened her mobile, and watched JYP studio's Instagram Profile uploaded their latest Mina's pictures.
"I miss you so much, Mina"

Perhaps,
I don't deserve any nice things...
'Cause
I'm paying for sins I don't remember

She took a good full of smoke at once and squeezed in the ashtray, she looked at her contacts...Dahyun's heart raced as she dialed Jihyo's number, her palms sweaty with nervous anticipation. It had been three long weeks since she mysteriously disappeared without a trace, leaving Jihyo worried and fearing the worst.

Jihyo's phone rang, and with trembling hands, she picked up, unsure of what she was about to hear.

 

Phone conversation

 

Dahyun: Hey! pj

Jihyo's voice wavered with a mixture of emotions, ranging from anger to relief.

Jihyo: hyunie? I... I thought I lost you forever. Where have you been? Do you know how worried I've been?

Dahyun's eyes welled up with tears, her voice filled with regret.

Dahyun: I'm so sorry, pj. You know I had some personal issues to deal with, and I thought it was best to distance myself for a while. But I never meant to hurt you. She checked her watch it's past 8PM Can we please meet? I need to explain everything in person.

Jihyo's anger subsided slightly, replaced by a longing to see her friend again.

Jihyo: Fine, hyunie. Meet me at our usual spot in an hour. We have a lot to talk about. wait! you are in Seoul right?

Dahyun's voice brightened with gratitude.

Dahyun: Yes! Thank you, pj. I'll be there. I can't wait to see you again.

An hour later, Dahyun stood at their usual meeting spot, anxiously waiting for Jihyo. The minutes felt like an eternity until finally, she spotted Jihyo walking towards her, a mix of worry and relief etched on her face.

Jihyo's steps quickened as she reached Dahyun, and without hesitation, she pulled her into a tight embrace.

"You idiot! How could you disappear like that? I was so scared that I had lost you forever. Don't you ever do that again! And what's with that text? You know I wanted to beat your up for doing that".

Dahyun handed her Yellow tulips which jihyo received like old times and hugged Jihyo tightly, tears streaming down her face.

Dahyun: I'm so sorry, pj. I promise I won't ever do something like this again. I didn't realize how much I would hurt you by cutting off all contact. Please forgive me.

Jihyo's anger melted away, replaced by a deep sense of relief.

Jihyo: I forgive you, hyun. Just promise me that you'll always be honest with me and that we'll face whatever challenges come our way together. I can't bear the thought of losing you.

Dahyun nodded, her voice filled with sincerity.

Dahyun: I promise, pj. From now on, I'll always be open with you, You mean the world to me, and I'm so grateful to have you as my friend.

Jihyo smiled wholeheartedly.

Jihyo: so tell me what happened?

As the night got younger Dahyun started telling her about her father passing away and how her mother was least bothered about her presence and how she suddenly have a baby brother she also mentioned how annoyingly cute and clingy he is...

Jihyo: Aww you have a baby brother now...

Dahyun: It's nothing AWWWW being around kids...

She rolled her eyes knowing how Dahyun gets irritated with kids but Jihyo LOVES kids meanwhile Dahyun doesn't know why she used to dislike kids!!! maybe because they crave attention and love which she wanted when she was a kid.

Dahyun: You can meet him tomorrow. I'll bring him to you after school ends.

Jihyo: Really????? That's great hyunnie...jeongyeon loves kids too...she will be so happy to see him and we gonna play with him.

Dahyun was shocked by hearing Jeongyeon's name. That's when Jihyo realized what she needs to fill in...

Jihyo: Jeongyeon came back...she is here...

Jihyo looked hesitant after revealing that, she was shocked when Dahyun suddenly hugged her.

Dahyun: Give her a chance PJ, Jeongyeon Loves you very much.

Jihyo nodded. She understood it was never her for dahyun, but this time it didn't hurt her like every time...Guess she accepted the fact and trying to move on

Dahyun: Actually I wanted you to take care of Jiho for two days pj..

Jihyo: Why? Where are you going again? Istg I will kill you dahyun if you are planning to leave with Jiho.

Dahyun: No...I'm going alone to...ummm...Japan...

Jihyo: Japan ??? why???

Dahyun Noticed Jihyo smile but she didn't understand why.

Dahyun:Umm...I need to talk to someone...It's about Mina! Our model!

Jihyo: What about Mina, hyun? You can tell me anything. I'm here for you.

Dahyun hesitated, her voice laced with vulnerability.

Dahyun: I... I have feelings for Mina, Jihyo. It's something I've been grappling with for a while now. But I'm scared to accept those feelings because I'm afraid she might leave me too, just like...she doesn't need to complete the sentence, Jihyo knows

Jihyo's eyes softened

Jihyo: hyunie, it's understandable that you feel scared and hesitant given your past. But please remember that Mina is not them, She's her own person, and your connection with her is unique.

Dahyun nodded, tears welling up in her eyes.

Dahyun: I know, pj. It's just hard to let go of those fears. I've built walls around my heart to protect myself, and it's challenging to tear them down.

Jihyo reached out and gently held Dahyun's hand.

Jihyo: It takes courage to confront those fears. But love is a risk worth taking. If you never open yourself up to the possibility of love, you'll never truly experience its beauty and happiness. It's worth giving yourself a chance, and Mina deserves to know how you feel.

Dahyun sniffled, her heart warmed by jihyo's words.

Dahyun: Thank you, pj. Your support means the world to me. I don't want to let my fear hold me back from the happiness that could be waiting for me. I need to gather the strength to face my emotions and have an honest conversation with Mina.

Jihyo: Yeah! You need to, cause she is been waiting for it for 3 weeks.

jihyo smiled and turned to the other side and dahyun looked confused as to what she meant and followed her gaze....and there she comes, Under the gentle glow of the moonlight, Dahyun stood in awe as she witnessed the ethereal beauty of Myoi Mina walking towards her. Mina's graceful figure seemed to glide effortlessly, each step imbued with an enchanting elegance that captivated the very essence of the night. Dahyun found herself mesmerized by Mina's aura as if she were a celestial being descended from a celestial realm. The night seemed to pause, offering a silent tribute to this extraordinary encounter.

Jihyo smiled warmly looking at how whipped this younger girl is for Mina and squeezed her hands gently.

Jihyo: I believe in you, hyunnie. Take your time, but don't let fear dictate your choices. Make sure to walk towards happiness with her And remember, I'm here for you every step of the way, no matter what happens.

Dahyun hugged Jihyo and Jihyo walked towards Mina and winked at her as dahyun also walked, to short the distance, Dahyun opened her arms expecting a hug but all she got was a tight slap on cheek.

Dahyun: Ouch! what was that for?

Mina: For leaving me without saying goodbye!
she crossed her arms and put her frown face back.
Dahyun: I missed you Myoi.
she opened her arms again to hug the girl but she smacked the arms.
Dahyun: What?
Mina eyes welled up with tears, dahyun's heart ached to watch her tears, holding her cheeks she slowly wiped her tears with her thumb

"I never want to see you cry, and if I'm ever the cause of your tears, I would rather cease to exist"

mina looked into her eyes

"After all, if angels shed tears, the world might be flooded with heavenly tissues!" she joked, earning a smack again.

Dahyun: if you choose to smack, I better take my leave.

Dahyun tried to move but Mina was quick to hold and grabbed her into her tight embrace.

Dahyun: Finally!..this is what i needed...

both were not talking for a good few minutes until dahyun break it

Dahyun: We can take the rest of this to my home if you want.
Mina was embarrassed and gave a shy smile.

Dahyun opened their apartment and asked Mina to come inside and she saw how dahyun slowly tiptoeing without making noise. Mina poked her and signed "What are you doing?"

"shh get inside" saying dahyun dragged her inside her room and closed the door.

End of chapter :)

 

Chapter notes:

It starts with angst...but it will be little fluff, I don't write really well with angst, and little fluff is my type...and also I want to try this gender-bender thing but idk how it's gonna work... English isn't my first language and my grammar ...and I don't do proof reading too...I just post whatever I have in mind while I'm writing..so yeah please look forward to it :D